Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc., etc.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: etc., etc. Feb 11, 2010, 14:07 HeadWound

Another article on Voodoo extreme points out that they are talking about people that go from a trial account past level 10.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: etc., etc. Feb 11, 2010, 09:31 Verno

Most people in my Steam group have finally quit WoW and I'd say the vast majority of casual WoW players I've met did so as well. They're all probably playing iPhone games Rolleyes  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

4. Re: etc., etc. Feb 11, 2010, 04:02 winnetou

Fion wrote on Feb 11, 2010, 00:21:
That means 69.9% of subscribers get sick of the game in the first 10 levels!
No, the article doesn't claim these are subscribers. Instead, it calls them new players which most likely includes a large amount of people using the 10 day trial.

Those 30% who stay make up the "stable subscriber base of 11.5 million players". Guess they can live well with that.

3. WoW Feb 11, 2010, 02:19 Cholma

I'd say a large number of those are banned Gold Farmers, unless Blizz already excluded them from the numbers.

Anyone who quits before L10 probably didn't *want* to give the game a chance to begin with, since you can hit L10 within 2 hours or so of solo play.

2. Re: etc., etc. Feb 11, 2010, 00:21 Fion

Yes 30%.

That means 69.9% of subscribers get sick of the game in the first 10 levels! Goes to show how high WoWs subscription numbers could actually be if their game didn't suck, but was the only 'good' MMOG playable on a Pentium 2.

1. Re: etc., etc. Feb 10, 2010, 23:36 Cutter

Oh 30% of NEW players. Ok, that was boggling my mind for a second.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo