Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Aliens vs Predator "Marine" Trailer

A new trailer from Aliens vs Predator shows off some gameplay from the perspective of the Colonial Marine in rebellion's upcoming three faction shooter. In the video we see combat with Aliens, showing the role of the motion detector and flares in trying to keep tabs on targets in the semi-darkness. The clip also demonstrates the sub-standard ammo the Marines seem to be saddled with (perhaps combined with bad aim), as Aliens are seen shrugging off surprising numbers of bullets, with one taking several pulse rifle bursts and two grenades to convince it to die. The HD version is embedded below.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Aliens vs Predator Feb 6, 2010, 02:49 Kxmode

derelict koan wrote on Feb 5, 2010, 23:16:
Like they underestimated the stationary turrets in AlienS

What gave you that idea?

All the chunks of Alien everywhere!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Aliens vs Predator Feb 5, 2010, 23:16 derelict koan

Like they underestimated the stationary turrets in AlienS

What gave you that idea?

www.derelictkoan.com - speculative psychosis in trilogy form

23. Re: Aliens vs Predator Feb 5, 2010, 23:02 .Drifter

Also, the PC demo only features DX9 graphics and not the VISUAL QUALITY of the retail version.
I've seen the part about the demo only featuring DX9 graphics multiple times, and my question about that is: AND?
I have yet to see anything in DX10 or DX11 that is all that much more impressive than what I've seen so far in DX9, so when someone uses that excuse for a demo it just don't cut it. Saying it has reduced visual quality due to lower res textures, that I could believe.
But lesser quality due to DX9 only? Not so much belief there.

22. Re: Aliens vs Predator Feb 5, 2010, 22:08 Hanover

DangerDog wrote on Feb 5, 2010, 18:39:
I really don't see it as a new game, it's only new to people who never played the original, which I would surmise is most console gamers today.

In my neck of the woods, all the console gamers I know grew up on the Atari 2600 and Coleco Vision (and the Atari Jaguar since we're talkin' AvP).

21. Re: Aliens vs Predator Feb 5, 2010, 21:24 Bill Borre

At the beginning it looks like a hologram pole dancer. It think it's supposed to be a semi-functional club lounge that was overrun by alien infestation.  

20. Re: Aliens vs Predator Feb 5, 2010, 20:02 Prez

Who is the imbecile who decided to put a pumping techno soundtrack in the trailer? It totally destroys the atmosphere, which otherwise looks like it might be spot on. If it weren't for that music that trailer might have impressed me.

I hope to GOD that shit isn't in the actual game...

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

19. Re: Aliens vs Predator "Marine" Trailer Feb 5, 2010, 19:06 Wallshadows

I think the only thing that I am always disappointed with in games of this caliber is how much damage one can take and dish out before either you or the target dies.

It's not a deal breaker for me as I intend to still purchase the game but I would gladly support more mobs with less health than less mobs with higher health. Aliens don't need a lot of health based on their nature of speed and lethal features.

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

18. Re: Aliens vs Predator "Marine" Trailer Feb 5, 2010, 18:39 DangerDog

How is marketing going to convince people this is a 'new' game since most people rarely read more than a few sentences on a box.

I really don't see it as a new game, it's only new to people who never played the original, which I would surmise is most console gamers today.

17. Re: Aliens vs Predator Feb 5, 2010, 18:16 Eldaron Imotholin

Hey eRe4s3r did you know that in the demo you can block by holding down your left and right mousebutton simultaniously? After you block you can counterattack an enemy which will often knock him down and then you can grab him from the front for a cool vitility move. Really nice! I figured that out later than I should have.

For the marine you block by holding down the melee-button (middle mouse for marine).

Figuring this out really got the meleeing more balanced. Still, don't try to beat a Predator face-to-face in melee combat.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

16. Re: Aliens vs Predator Feb 5, 2010, 17:13 eRe4s3r

You have a point - but this is Rebellion, no matter how good the game looks. Its with 49% chance going to be a broken unplayable mess on pc. While it looks nice enough in MP (PC Demo is out you know) even there everything is slow and takes a dozen hits. Just remember Rogue Warrior, same developers. ;p

But ok, i will reserve my further ranting until its out and i played it ^^ However on PC demo

- Reticule is huge, exact aim is impossible
- Humans can take a lot of hits
- Melee is completely unbalanced
- Regenerating via stims is ultra lame
- Game is slow (compared to TF2 ,p)
- Graphics are nice
- Animations are ugly

And what i have seen of SP so far looks horrid. To this i should add that i don't care about MP much ^^ But yeah.. once its out we will see ;p

15. Re: Aliens vs Predator Feb 5, 2010, 17:02 fatguy

You guys should try the demo on steam, its just death match but can be pretty fun still. Its been a long time since a game freaked me out as much as this one did while I was running around by myself as a marine being chased by aliens down a dark corridor. The one thing I must complain about is that in EVERY lobby you join someones mic is going off and you hear their TV, heavy breathing, etc. because theres no push to talk.  

14. Re: Aliens vs Predator Feb 5, 2010, 16:13 Eldaron Imotholin

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 5, 2010, 15:52:
As a AVP1 player and AVP2 player and avid Alien 1/2 fanboy i see from this trailer that this game doesn't even come close to the Alien feel. Aliens don't survive 18 bullets or a grenade in one piece. A single burst to the head splits it open like a melon which is the entire reason Aliens are that dangerous, you want acid spray all over you aim for the head ;p. This trailer perfectly demonstrated why Rebellion will never make a good game. Alien is about brooding atmosphere and aliens that come at you from tricky locations. Aliens would never charge at you head-on on ground level unless all their paths are blocked (which in that level is clearly not the case). The entire game feels like a slowed down walk through mud, aiming, animations even the aliens. And its the same on the PC. This is console garbage and nothing more.

Besides, i never said my post makes sense. I just wanted to rant over a random topic and tis as good as any ;p Especially given that Rebellion hasn't made a good PC game in like a decade

C'mon man, I'm a healthy Aliens fan myself but I've submitted myself to the fact that the ALIENS VS PREDATOR franchise is NOT Aliens. AvP is a heavy action shooter. How would they implement over-the-top stealthy Aliens in there as you're a Marine literally RUNNING around being trigger-happy? It's not a movie. It's a game.

Also, the aliens could be underestimating the soldier for all I care. Like they underestimated the stationary turrets in AlienS (how they got slaughtered!).

And seriously, how are you so certain it'll be the same on the PC? In this trailer you at some point see an Alien crawling slowly towards the player while it should instead jump him right there and then. Would it be too much to think, hope and expect that in the PC version (where the player is way more hardcore due to the controls he uses) Aliens would indeed not give the player those moments of rest to aim properly?

Anyway, I bet there will be moments where the aliens act like you want them to... but at some point the player wants some heavy action. After all the game is a SHOOTER in a horror setting.

Last but not least, allow me to stress once again that this is Aliens vs Predator. You just gotta look at it from a different perspective, mate.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

13. Re: Aliens vs Predator Feb 5, 2010, 16:00 Cutter

Get your rave on! I hope that Marine has some glowsticks to celebrate with after he defeats the aliens! Where was all the Hudson like patter? 'You want some? Oh you want some too?!'

I still want to see a single-player demo - hate MP demo's, and I wasn't really impressed with what I saw from this one.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

12. Re: Game Reviews Feb 5, 2010, 15:55 BobBob

How is marketing going to convince people this is a 'new' game since most people rarely read more than a few sentences on a box.

This comment was edited on Feb 5, 2010, 15:59.

11. Re: Aliens vs Predator Feb 5, 2010, 15:52 eRe4s3r

As a AVP1 player and AVP2 player and avid Alien 1/2 fanboy i see from this trailer that this game doesn't even come close to the Alien feel. Aliens don't survive 18 bullets or a grenade in one piece. A single burst to the head splits it open like a melon which is the entire reason Aliens are that dangerous, you want acid spray all over you aim for the head ;p. This trailer perfectly demonstrated why Rebellion will never make a good game. Alien is about brooding atmosphere and aliens that come at you from tricky locations. Aliens would never charge at you head-on on ground level unless all their paths are blocked (which in that level is clearly not the case). The entire game feels like a slowed down walk through mud, aiming, animations even the aliens. And its the same on the PC. This is console garbage and nothing more.

Besides, i never said my post makes sense. I just wanted to rant over a random topic and tis as good as any ;p Especially given that Rebellion hasn't made a good PC game in like a decade

10. Re: Game Reviews Feb 5, 2010, 15:52 BobBob

That looks really boring.  

9. AVP 2000 Classic Feb 5, 2010, 15:46 TangledThorns

I can see why AVP 2000 is the classic. This game does not. Should have been optimized for the PC.  

8. Re: Aliens vs Predator Feb 5, 2010, 15:31 Roachmojo

The aliens are perfectly normal sized ffs...  

7. Re: Aliens vs Predator "Marine" Trailer Feb 5, 2010, 15:14 D4rkKnight

The aliens don't explode into little chunks when hit by explosions... that's kind of stupid.  

6. Re: Aliens vs Predator Feb 5, 2010, 14:44 J

kxmode wrote on Feb 5, 2010, 14:06:
Looks awesome! Alien Rifle

Hey now, come on, be reasonable. You can't just come in here and post nice things like that. You need to find something to complain about. Where's your sense of self-entitlement? Where's your inner armchair critic?

I do hope the game is fun though

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo