Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Virtual Egg Hatches Almost $70K

Planet Calypso announces a virtual egg fetched over $69,000 at auction in Planet Calypso, the latest mind-boggling auction in their virtual world, which is apparently populated by oil sheiks who play on wireless connections from their private jets (with adolescent senses of humor, as the exact price was $69,696.00 USD). They say: "Jon 'NEVERDIE' Jacobs held a public auction Sunday, inside Planet Calypso, and sold the Virtual Egg to David Storey aka Deathifier. Deathifier owns 'Treasure Island' in the game, a tax generating Virtual World Destination. NEVERDIE purchased the Virtual Egg for $10,000 USD in 2006 from a gamer who completed a unique quest. The Final Chapter in the Egg's History has yet to be written as thousands of players speculate what will actually hatch from the [sic] it and if it will be worth the extraordinary price tag."

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Virtual Egg Hatches Almost $70K Feb 6, 2010, 19:05 Endo

Wow, I guess I've been playing all the wrong games.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Virtual Egg Hatches Almost $70K Feb 6, 2010, 12:12 xXBatmanXx

Never heard of the game - went to the website and watched some videos....it looks like the shittiest game ever made......in line behind 3000AD games.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

9. Re: Virtual Egg Hatches Almost $70K Feb 5, 2010, 19:38 Grokk

Longswd wrote on Feb 5, 2010, 19:16:
My guess is it will spawn a single avian body topped by Heckle and Jeckle heads that will mercilessly taunt the owner for having spent $70k on it.

That would be awesome.

8. Re: Virtual Egg Hatches Almost $70K Feb 5, 2010, 19:16 Longswd

My guess is it will spawn a single avian body topped by Heckle and Jeckle heads that will mercilessly taunt the owner for having spent $70k on it.

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

7. Re: Virtual Egg Hatches Almost $70K Feb 5, 2010, 17:24 siapnar

This guy should be sued by the poor and/or homeless.  

I have projectile dysfunction.

6. Re: Virtual Egg Hatches Almost $70K Feb 5, 2010, 16:36 Umbragen

I've never heard of this game. $70,000 for a virtual item? It's obvious I'm not in their target demographic.

This comment was edited on Feb 5, 2010, 16:36.

5. Re: Virtual Egg Hatches Almost $70K Feb 5, 2010, 13:35 ForgedReality

It's a GAME!! You just blew huge amounts of REAL money on a FAKE item that may or may not even actually DO anything IN THE VIRTUAL WORLD. If you're that hurting to get rid of your millions, I'm sure there are plenty of people out there (such as myself) who could put it to much better use. Call it humanitarian aid. We're in a fucking recession here! Good lord.  

4. Re: Virtual Egg Hatches Almost $70K Feb 5, 2010, 13:23 JoeNapalm

$70 large?

Are you kidding?

Do you have any idea how many games I could get with that?

(Not to mention the rig I could build!)

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

3. Re: Virtual Egg Hatches Almost $70K Feb 5, 2010, 12:00 Kxmode

I am now convinced the only people who play Calypso are rich people with disposable income.  

2. Re: Virtual Egg Hatches Almost $70K Feb 5, 2010, 11:46 xXBatmanXx

Exactly.
More money than sense.

I hope the buyer is from someplace OTHER than the US - as this is just a reason for the rest of the world to be pissed at us for ridiculous waste.....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

1. Re: Virtual Egg Hatches Almost $70K Feb 5, 2010, 10:53 nin

and if it will be worth the extraordinary price tag.

Signs point to "no".

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo