Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Into the Black

Link of the Day: Avatargate: The Case For The Prosecution. Thanks frag.machine.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Into the Black Feb 5, 2010, 12:46 Kxmode

Stormsinger wrote on Feb 4, 2010, 21:47:
Hmm...so not only is it formulaic tripe, but it's not even -his- formulaic tripe! There's way too many similarities for this to be coincidence.

That's just pathetic.

Some would argue Avatar is a rip off Pocahontas. While others would argue Avatar rips off World of Warcraft. Cameron has said "Yes, 'Avatar' is 'Dances with Wolves' in space. . .sorta"

JC: Yes, exactly, it is very much like that. You see the same theme in “At Play in the Fields of the Lord” and also “The Emerald Forest,” which maybe thematically isn’t that connected but it did have that clash of civilizations or of cultures.

I think trying to compare Avatar is just a waste of time. It's fun, entertaining, and looks amazing in 3D.

This comment was edited on Feb 5, 2010, 14:01.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Into the Black Feb 4, 2010, 23:59 Acleacius

That's way more in common than Avatar had with Unreal, though between Unreal and Firekind, it was pretty much the whole movie minus a few different names. The Nali even had there own language and mystical powers.

Odd when I was looking up the dates on Unreal I saw this, Unreal.

It predates Unreal FPS by 8 years, wonder if Epic bought the name?

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

2. Re: Into the Black Feb 4, 2010, 23:31 Narf2029

I know nothing's truly original anymore but wow. Reading that reminds me of how the makers of The Island got sued because they basically lifted the entire plot from The Clonus Horror. I realized that while watching The Island only because I saw The Clonus Horror on MST3K, but it was still amusing. Further, didn't Cameron learn his lesson with Terminator?

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2010, 23:36.

Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

1. Re: Into the Black Feb 4, 2010, 21:47 Stormsinger

Hmm...so not only is it formulaic tripe, but it's not even -his- formulaic tripe! There's way too many similarities for this to be coincidence.

That's just pathetic.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo