Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

After Hudson the wonder dog recently picked up a small dog, I came upon a way to let her run free on the doggie trail while still protecting against a repeat incident: I got her a muzzle. This is not ideal, but until we can be more certain she's not going to get into trouble, it seems like a sensible approach. Of course she was not wild about being this (in spite of the cute blue pattern on the muzzle), and spent a lot of time trying to find a way to remove it. Then when we came to the end of our walk I found her rolling on this pile of earth and rubbing her face all over. The dog owners out there don't need to be told that anything a dog wants to roll in that badly must be gross, and sure enough, there must have been some poop involved. She's a very smart dog, and I am tempted to suspect she knew if she got the muzzle gross enough it might get thrown in the garbage. No such luck, she got a bath, the muzzle got washed, and we're ready for round two. Wee!

Smelly Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Balloon in a Wasteland.
Hill of Defend.
Jump Jim, Jump.
Links: A look at the weird places we've stuck Tetris.
Circular Monopoly Cuts Corners, Cash.
The 10 Best Car Chases of the 70ís. Thanks Neatorama.
Stories: Fans rediscover 'Lost' as premiere ratings climb.
Court Files Legal Cannon at Man's Dream to Keep Castle. Thanks brother19.
Boat Made From Recycled Bottles Draws Attention to Global Trash Problem.
Science: Iran Sends Rocket With Animal Menagerie Into Space.
The World's Most Awesome Backpack.
Books Eat TV.
Media: Sonic and Mario's Awkward Reunion.
Star Trek: The Sexed Generation.
Epic Beer Pong Dunks.
Follow-up: Mel Gibson Calls Interviewer an A-Hole. Thanks nin.
LHC to Run at Half-Energy. Thanks Joker961 via Slashdot.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2010, 00:42 Enahs

But if she is running free and a little away from you, what if another mean dog comes by and attacks her and she can not defend her self?  

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2010, 19:42 Yosemite Sam

That was really nice of you...

I have never harmed my dog in any way, but she knows without a doubt who the boss is and she is a very well adjusted happy girl.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2010, 17:34 xXBatmanXx

The Nipple Gamepad T-Shirt.

I think it is great that it is a female on female picture (notice the girlie watch and hands)

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2010, 16:25 DG

I had a dog that rolled in a dead seal, for quite a while. Evidently the dead seal had been there a while too.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2010, 14:20 nin

Everytime she went ahead of me while walking I kicked her back feet

That was really nice of you...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2010, 14:01 Yosemite Sam

Red alert! Now we all need to be strip searched and have CAT scans before we can fly! We should be interrogated thoroughly by Obama's youth brigade. This means war! Iran launched a turtle into space. This is obviously meant to say that Iran can destroy the planet at any whim. Shields up!

Crist dude chill out, may want to lay off the drugs or get tested for some kind of chemical imbalance... or better yet turn off the TV man.

EDIT and LOL at the Iranian propoganda attempt to claim scientific research, they put a bunch of little animals in a box on a ground to air missile, those creatures were probably pureed within seconds of launch.

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2010, 14:13.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2010, 13:56 mch

Iran Sends Rocket With Animal Menagerie Into Space.

Wow if there was ever a story for an obligatory I, for one, welcome our new worm overlords.

PSN: CaseDesignate

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2010, 13:47 Yosemite Sam

She's a very smart dog, and I am tempted to suspect she knew if she got the muzzle gross enough it might get thrown in the garbage.

I would say Hudson didnt like the smell of it so was going for some doggy Channel #2.

EDIT

Agreed and it's unfortunate. I have a 'Halti' collar for walking my dog (used to train the dog not to pull)

Hmm I had no trouble breaking my dog of this habit, with just a plain old collar, and shes a Boxer. Everytime she went ahead of me while walking I kicked her back feet, now she stays right beside me or behind me and the leash just hangs loose all the time.

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2010, 13:57.

8. Iran Sends Rocket With Animal Menagerie Into Space. Feb 4, 2010, 13:46 LittleMe

Iran Sends Rocket With Animal Menagerie Into Space.

Red alert! Now we all need to be strip searched and have CAT scans before we can fly! We should be interrogated thoroughly by Obama's youth brigade. This means war! Iran launched a turtle into space. This is obviously meant to say that Iran can destroy the planet at any whim. Shields up!

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2010, 13:21 Hoop

Make a wee football helmet for her when she watches the big game....it will make her think its a helmet face guard.  

Um .. Behind you...

6. The World's Most Awesome Backpack. Feb 4, 2010, 12:42 Kxmode

I don't know whether to love that backpack or hate it, so I guess I'll do both! Smitten Shakefist  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2010, 11:48 Bill Borre

Your dog reminds me of the Iraqi detainee who covered himself in his own feces.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2010, 11:23  Blue 

The downside of placing a muzzle on her is the perception others will have now. It screams - crazy dangerous animal here!

Well, on the one hand, that perception is one that she has earned by demonstrating crazy and dangerous behavior.

On the other hand, she loves people even more than she dislikes other dogs, so if the muzzle makes people wary of petting her that will be unfortunate.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2010, 11:10 mch

Bronco wrote on Feb 4, 2010, 10:40:
The downside of placing a muzzle on her is the perception others will have now. It screams - crazy dangerous animal here!

Agreed and it's unfortunate. I have a 'Halti' collar for walking my dog (used to train the dog not to pull), and it resembles a muzzle. Feel like people confuse the two and hold it against him...

PSN: CaseDesignate

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2010, 10:40 Bronco

I wonder what she will do next to sully the muzzle?

-TPFKAS2S

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2010, 10:39 nin

I got her a muzzle.

*ahem* "Party Hat".

As in, when there's a party, the hat goes on.

edit:
She's a very smart dog, and I am tempted to suspect she knew if she got the muzzle gross enough it might get thrown in the garbage. No such luck, she got a bath, the muzzle got washed, and we're ready for round two. Wee!

As with cats, sometimes it's hard to tell who's training who.

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2010, 10:41.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo