Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sins of a Solar Empire and Entrenchment Patched

New updates are automatically available through Impulse for Sins of a Solar Empire and Sins of a Solar Empire: Entrenchment to update Ironclad Games' space-based RTS game and its expansion to version 1.19 and 1.05 respectively. This forum post outlines all the changes, balance adjustments, and fixes in the new version, and includes this warning: "These updates will invalidate existing save games!"

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire and Entrenchment Patched Feb 4, 2010, 10:32  Island Dog 

Well peace-through-conquest is still possible.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire and Entrenchment Patched Feb 4, 2010, 00:16 Prez

Love me some SoaSE, though I'm wondering if Diplomacy is up my ally, since I'm more of a peace-though-conquest type guy.

Strange thing: I was at Walmart today and SoaSE Trilogy was there in their PC games section, even though the release date on Impulse isn't for several more days.

EDIT: That would be "Trinity", not "Trilogy".

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2010, 00:17.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire and Entrenchment Patched Feb 4, 2010, 00:11 Roachmojo

NobleAtreides wrote on Feb 3, 2010, 20:07:
I own this game and never played it past the tutorial. I didn't grasp what I was doing, or what the sidebar meant. I'm just not into sci-fi space stuff I guess. I love CNC games. is there something wrong with me? should I give it a chance?

Nothing wrong with you dude! Just play it and enjoy a freaking badass game. I have played the shit out of this game, but I also love space based RTS. I love CNC as well.

Keep playing it and you'll get it and love it!

6. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire and Entrenchment Patched Feb 3, 2010, 21:39 eRe4s3r

The time it took you to type that you could have started it up and play it ;p That said, without mods.. theres no reason to play it!

I mean, how in the world are you supposed to revert updates? I just don't get it, impulse isn't forcing this update but as soon as you accept it you never again get the chance to revert to previous versions. How do i play older mods for older versions?

5. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire and Entrenchment Patched Feb 3, 2010, 20:07 NobleAtreides

I own this game and never played it past the tutorial. I didn't grasp what I was doing, or what the sidebar meant. I'm just not into sci-fi space stuff I guess. I love CNC games. is there something wrong with me? should I give it a chance?  

4. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire and Entrenchment Patched Feb 3, 2010, 18:45 LittleMe

It might relate to appeasing mod developers who wanted more entities/meshes. So it broke the mods but in the long run it is better.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

3. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire and Entrenchment Patched Feb 3, 2010, 18:01 Darks

You are so right, I have a mod for this game and I love thse guys fixing the bugs but I am get so tired of redoing my mod everytime a new patch comes out. UggH!  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

2. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire and Entrenchment Patched Feb 3, 2010, 17:16 eRe4s3r

Also its breaking all mods... bleh  

1. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire and Entrenchment Patched Feb 3, 2010, 17:14 LittleMe

I'm glad they are patching it. I guess it's their big money maker.

This comment was edited on Feb 3, 2010, 17:14.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo