Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On TF2 Cheaters

The Team Fortress 2 Blog has a post that recalls the recent TF 2 Soldier/Demoman war, noting the stats suggest some cheating may have taken place. They offer the stats and the following analysis:

Now, I have no actual proof that these men cheated. Lucky for me, then, that I am still in possession of basic common bloody sense. The top Soldier, for example, would have had to kill a Demoman every 2.5 seconds for a week straight, somehow circumventing respawn timers or the need to actually traverse across a map, without once pausing to sleep or go to the bathroom. In other words, he is either cheating, or he is a hallucinating sleep-deprived psychotic with severe constipation and unerringly good aim. In either event, I am confident he is ashamed of himself.

View
13. Re: On TF2 Cheaters Feb 1, 2010, 07:06 Armengar

just throwing something into the ring here.

But it isnt cheating. They arent using external program, probably spawning bots then retrying then killing them. Not cheating now is it? Dishonesty yes but not cheating in the same way aimbots are.

Perhaps if valve fixed their own issues such as not letting bots add to stats then this would solve a whole host of issues. Personally I am against stat padding and idling etc etc but I would rather valve fix other bugs in TF2 than worry about stat padders.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jan 31, 15:47 Re: On TF2 Cheaters Wowbagger_TIP
  2. Jan 31, 15:55  Re: On TF2 Cheaters Rhett
  4. Jan 31, 16:14   Re: On TF2 Cheaters Overon
  6. Jan 31, 16:40  Re: On TF2 Cheaters joe2tiger
  7. Jan 31, 16:46   Re: On TF2 Cheaters mag
  8. Jan 31, 16:54   Re: On TF2 Cheaters Veterator
  9. Jan 31, 19:03    Re: On TF2 Cheaters Wowbagger_TIP
  3. Jan 31, 16:09 Re: On TF2 Cheaters Elricsi
  5. Jan 31, 16:15 Re: On TF2 Cheaters xXBatmanXx
  10. Jan 31, 22:17 Re: On TF2 Cheaters Sepharo