Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

LucasArts Prez on Future Plans

LucasArts President Darrell Rodriguez is interviewed on Gamasutra, where they inquire about plans for 2010 and beyond. Topics include their expansion into Singapore, how they will try to avoid a repeat of the failure to launch a current generation Indiana Jones game, the possibilities of future lightsaber combat using Natal or the PS3 wand, internal versus external development, and more. He also indicates that they are trying to find a middle ground between new and existing intellectual properties, after focusing entirely on one or the other in the past: "We're definitely going to continue to do Star Wars and potentially Indiana Jones. We're also looking at new IP. We recently had some new IP, and we will continue on in that vein in the future."

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: LucasArts Prez on Future Plans Jan 29, 2010, 23:04 Dan =0)

Loved The Dig. Still have it around here somewhere.

Dan =0)

Shameless self-plug(s): http://drdk.bandcamp.com
http://www.myspace.com/dankupkamusic
http://drdkmusic.net76.net
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: LucasArts Prez on Future Plans Jan 29, 2010, 18:15 Cutter

How about some Outlaws? I don't care about Star Wars or Indiana Jones games anymore.

Exactly. I'm way past Indy and especially Star Wars now, I could really care less about them. Outlaws, however, was LA's best game IMO. I'm hoping Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption is fantastic and does well. Maybe it'll clue the boneheads in over at LA to follow up with a new Outlaws game, that and Grim Fandango. Well Tim Schafer is still around and doing it right - Brutal Legend rocked! - maybe he can do another.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

14. Re: LucasArts Prez on Future Plans Jan 29, 2010, 16:08 JoeNapalm

KOTOR 3 and XWing sims are the only fucking thing they need to work on.

Look, people - open your eyes! It's the Sith.

The only plausible explanation for the behavior of Lucasarts is the fact...the cold, heartless fact...that Lucas has either been replaced with an evil replica, assimilated (Lucas of Borg?), or has actually gone over to the Dark Side.

Having made more money than Croesus, Lucas no longer cares about making a profit. All that matters to him now is crushing the human spirit. He feeds off your despair!

If you have BOTH the Star Wars and Indiana Jones rights, and you haven't put out a good game in like ten years? C'mon, man! I'm not buying it!

@#$%ing Sith.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

13. Re: LucasArts Prez on Future Plans Jan 29, 2010, 15:57 VoodooV

KOTOR 3 and XWing sims are the only fucking thing they need to work on.  

12. Re: LucasArts Prez on Future Plans Jan 29, 2010, 15:02 KezClone

LucasArts...what a bunch of strange rangers.

We're talking a company that at one point had gaming world's focus only to just go...dormant. Totally zero of the gaming world's mindshare.

What are those people literally doing? Is there a production house somewhere where they all clock in to start the day and just sit around shootin the shit about how awesome their past games were, play a little Modern Warfare 2, type up that project status report (we're meeting our 50% milestone, sir. 'Whoa, slow down, son.'), and beat it out the door at 5 minutes to 4 to beat the crowd?

11. Re: LucasArts Prez on Future Plans Jan 29, 2010, 14:05 space captain

yawn  
Go forth, and kill!

10. Re: Game Reviews Jan 29, 2010, 13:43 BobBob

Servers are commodity-class x86 PCs running customized versions of Linux. The goal is to purchase CPU generations that offer the best performance per dollar, not absolute performance. Estimates of the power required for over 450,000 servers range upwards of 20 megawatts, which cost on the order of US$2 million per month in electricity charges. The combined processing power of these servers might reach from 20 to 100 petaflops.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_platform

This comment was edited on Jan 29, 2010, 13:47.

http://tinyurl.com/WeatherImmunity Whew

9. Re: LucasArts Prez on Future Plans Jan 29, 2010, 13:27 Wildone

I tried Linux once, absolutely nothing worked on it I got rid of it very quickly.  

8. Re: LucasArts Prez on Future Plans Jan 29, 2010, 13:06 space captain

linux is stupid - nobody cares about linux  
Go forth, and kill!

7. Re: Game Reviews Jan 29, 2010, 13:02 BobBob

Jedi Knight 3 with Linux dedicated. I'd like fries with that as well.  
http://tinyurl.com/WeatherImmunity Whew

6. Re: LucasArts Prez on Future Plans Jan 29, 2010, 12:42 kanniballl

space captain wrote on Jan 29, 2010, 12:04:
We're also looking at new IP. We recently had some new IP, and we will continue on in that vein in the future."

You know we have had a new IP before.. and we will.. have a new IP again.

In their defense, they did try for a completely new IP recently instead of new characters/settings within the StarWars universe.

Fracture was a recent shooter seperate from their old IP. Its "hook" was the use of terrain modification weapons; you could create valleys/hills/shockwaves/etc.

I don't recall it being that special and it was't very "original," but at least they attempted to find a new horse instead of beating the same old corpse.

This comment was edited on Jan 29, 2010, 12:47.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

5. Re: LucasArts Prez on Future Plans Jan 29, 2010, 12:38 Krovven

We're definitely going to continue to do Star Wars and potentially Indiana Jones.

How about some Outlaws? I don't care about Star Wars or Indiana Jones games anymore.

4. Re: LucasArts Prez on Future Plans Jan 29, 2010, 12:27 Nameless Again

^No shit. Does this really need to be spelled out for them? Problem is, they'll consolize it.  

3. Re: LucasArts Prez on Future Plans Jan 29, 2010, 12:07 Wildone

Fucking Xwing Sim.  

2. Re: LucasArts Prez on Future Plans Jan 29, 2010, 12:04 space captain

We're also looking at new IP. We recently had some new IP, and we will continue on in that vein in the future."

You know we have had a new IP before.. and we will.. have a new IP again.

Go forth, and kill!

1. Re: LucasArts Prez on Future Plans Jan 29, 2010, 11:58 DI-MeisterM

If there's no water, no need for a well  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo