Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City to PCs in March

Rockstar Games announces plans to release Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City for PC and PS3 on March 30, calling the release "much anticipated," which is apparently newspeak for "way overdue." On that date they will also release the two DLC packs from the bundle, The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony, via digital distribution. Word is:

In The Ballad of Gay Tony, players explore Liberty City’s high-end nightlife as Luis Lopez, struggling to balance the temptations of money and vice against loyalties to family and friends. The Lost and Damned is a dark trip through Liberty City’s seedy underbelly as outlaw biker, Johnny Klebitz, fights to keep his gang together as a rift in the gang’s leadership threatens to tear the brotherhood apart. Both episodes feature a slew of new vehicles and weapons, and each episode adds new activities including cage fighting, gang wars and BASE jumping.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City to PCs in March Jan 30, 2010, 12:26 Kxmode

Nameless wrote on Jan 29, 2010, 14:18:
So because this is the last GTAIV thread for a while, I figure I'd share with you what happened to me as I was playing the other day. You can't plan this shit...oh, and spoilers ahead in case you haven't played yet. Stop reading now.

I start doing the "I'll Take Her" mission (I'm playing on the PC version), where you kidnap the granddaughter of the Anceloti's family. You know the mission where you drive the convertible pink roadster? So I start the mission, pick her up, start driving to South end of town and the game informs me to start the kidnapping. So I quickly pause to take a look at the map to see where I have to go. Well the GPS wants to take me right back through mobster country, and since I was right near the on ramp to the freeway that loops around the bottom of the island, I decided to take her by freeway. Plus the safe house is right next to it up at the top.

So I head over to the onramp, and it's near the bottom that Nico informs her that she's being kidnapped. I speed up the ramp afraid she's going to ditch out of the car (you know how passengers will after you carjack a car?) They banter back and forth as I crest the hill and punch it. I'm heading to towards the first bend in the freeway and she says "Oh yeah! Well I'll scratch your eyes out!!" and jerks the wheel to the left. This was timed perfectly with a break in the jersey wall...I careen across two lanes of traffic and punch right through the barrier. I'm now in mid-air, flying off the freeway towards these huge storage tanks, everything is in slow motion, and Nico says "Whhhhyyy donnn't yooouu scraaatch myyy baaaaalllllssss..."

This is one of those gaming moments that's gonna stay with me forever.

LOL!!!! This is the best thing I've read on Blue's News! Rotfl

Check out my sig.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City to PCs in March Jan 30, 2010, 12:11 Donkey_Punch

Nice timing. Just got the kids a PS3 for Xmas and I am almost done GTA4 on it.  

23. Re: GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City to PCs in March Jan 30, 2010, 02:50 tuddies

That is a great story! I Love the slow mo ball lament by nico!  

22. Re: GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City to PCs in March Jan 29, 2010, 17:35 J

Is this the GTA that works on my computer like the old ones did? No? Back to hibernation then  

21. Re: GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City to PCs in March Jan 29, 2010, 15:04 KezClone

Nameless wrote on Jan 29, 2010, 14:18:
So because this is the last GTAIV thread for a while, I figure I'd share with you what happened to me as I was playing the other day. You can't plan this shit...oh, and spoilers ahead in case you haven't played yet. Stop reading now.

I start doing the "I'll Take Her" mission (I'm playing on the PC version), where you kidnap the granddaughter of the Anceloti's family. You know the mission where you drive the convertible pink roadster? So I start the mission, pick her up, start driving to South end of town and the game informs me to start the kidnapping. So I quickly pause to take a look at the map to see where I have to go. Well the GPS wants to take me right back through mobster country, and since I was right near the on ramp to the freeway that loops around the bottom of the island, I decided to take her by freeway. Plus the safe house is right next to it up at the top.

So I head over to the onramp, and it's near the bottom that Nico informs her that she's being kidnapped. I speed up the ramp afraid she's going to ditch out of the car (you know how passengers will after you carjack a car?) They banter back and forth as I crest the hill and punch it. I'm heading to towards the first bend in the freeway and she says "Oh yeah! Well I'll scratch your eyes out!!" and jerks the wheel to the left. This was timed perfectly with a break in the jersey wall...I careen across two lanes of traffic and punch right through the barrier. I'm now in mid-air, flying off the freeway towards these huge storage tanks, everything is in slow motion, and Nico says "Whhhhyyy donnn't yooouu scraaatch myyy baaaaalllllssss..."

That's freakin awesome.

20. Re: GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City to PCs in March Jan 29, 2010, 14:47 dubfanatic

GTA4 multiplayer is pretty fun if you can find a game with decent settings. Unfortunately most idiots use all blips because they are pussies who can't play without knowing where all the enemies are. But Team Mafiya Work mode with team blips is a blast. It can get really intense.

19. Re: GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City to PCs in March Jan 29, 2010, 14:18 Nameless Again

18. Re: GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City to PCs in March Jan 29, 2010, 14:04 Yosemite Sam

BASE jumping

Yessss, sweet, all those buildings and not a parachute in sight... I bet Brucie would be into it cause 'thats how he rolls'

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

17. Re: GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City to PCs in March Jan 29, 2010, 12:31 theyarecomingforyou

Still waiting to upgrade my computer to run this game. Which is sad considering I've been able to run everything else at decent resolutions and settings. GTAIV there is just too many slow downs in various areas, particularly when driving, while other areas will be fine.
Even on my system the performance leaves something to be desired, which is disappointing considering the graphics aren't anything special.

Anyway, this is so little so late it's completely pointless. I still haven't even got round to completing the main game, largely because it was released in a disaster of a state.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

16. Re: GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City to PCs in March Jan 29, 2010, 12:23 Krovven

Still waiting to upgrade my computer to run this game. Which is sad considering I've been able to run everything else at decent resolutions and settings. GTAIV there is just too many slow downs in various areas, particularly when driving, while other areas will be fine.

The PC version still runs & looks better than the PS3 version did, but just not smooth and consistent enough for me.

By the time I upgrade my computer maybe I can get the DLC at a discounted rate.

15. Re: GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City to PCs in March Jan 29, 2010, 12:20 Rosco

SBlat wrote on Jan 29, 2010, 12:13:
Xliveless -- it's a DLL you just extract into the GTA4 folder which overrides the GFWL and Social Club support.

If you already have saved games in an gfwl online profile, you'll need to move the files to the new savefile location too.

EDIT: Oh, but it disables online play (I think LAN still works). You need to use GFWL and Social Club if you want that.

Thanks! As far as I am aware of my saves are in a gfwl online profiel, but I have no idea where those are. As far as online play, no biggie for me, I never plan on playing it online

Consoles are schwag.

14. Re: GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City to PCs in March Jan 29, 2010, 12:13 SBlat

Rosco wrote on Jan 29, 2010, 12:03:
Nameless wrote on Jan 29, 2010, 10:54:
^^Aero: If you check the Sales comments between 12/23-1/3, when the Steam sale was going on, you'll find a link on how to disable the Rockstar Social club and GFWL BS that comes with GTA IV.

Link please?

Xliveless -- it's a DLL you just extract into the GTA4 folder which overrides the GFWL and Social Club support.

If you already have saved games in an gfwl online profile, you'll need to move the files to the new savefile location too.

EDIT: Oh, but it disables online play (I think LAN still works). You need to use GFWL and Social Club if you want that.

This comment was edited on Jan 29, 2010, 12:14.

13. Re: GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City to PCs in March Jan 29, 2010, 12:04 Verno

Aero wrote on Jan 29, 2010, 10:49:
It would be nice if they would upgrade the underlying engine a bit. It was improved somewhat with patching, but the performance is still to low given the quality of the graphics. It also just kind of has an overall clunky feeling that's hard to put my finger on, but pretty common in console ports

I find this an unfair accusation to be honest, their engine is a technical marvel when it comes to anything but performance. I agree it needs refinement but they put a ridiculous amount of detail and NPCs into a very large area with a much smaller amount of LOD than most modern engines.

I agree with your other points about the Social Club and etc though.

Playing: Everquest Next Alpha, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: Evidence, Longmire, Chained

12. Re: GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City to PCs in March Jan 29, 2010, 12:03 Rosco

^^Aero: If you check the Sales comments between 12/23-1/3, when the Steam sale was going on, you'll find a link on how to disable the Rockstar Social club and GFWL BS that comes with GTA IV.

Link please?

Consoles are schwag.

11. Re: GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City to PCs in March Jan 29, 2010, 11:42 Wolfen

As all GTA's, this one is fun to come back to if you stopped playing for a year. I have to agree that I wasnt a fan of the Lost and the Damned add on, but thats just me. I decided not to buy anymore of those little add-ons after that. Oh, I have it on 360 as well, so uhh yeah none of this really applies to this topic. =P  

10. Re: GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City to PCs in March Jan 29, 2010, 11:34 Bumpy

Maybe they'll even patch in FSAA. Hell, if the Stalker group can do it, surely Rockstar's fat pockets can program in some proper visuals for this day and age.  

9. Re: GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City to PCs in March Jan 29, 2010, 11:20 Creston

I don't like the Lost and the Damned, but the Ballad of Gay Tony is awesome. Great missions, awesome weapons, great music (if you like dance/trance).

I don't regret the 40 bucks I spent on it, even though I can't stand the LatD.

Creston

8. Re: GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City to PCs in March Jan 29, 2010, 11:16 Ecthelion

That's weird... I was just looking up news on this earlier this morning, and later today I find the official announcement here.

I'm looking forward to this quite a bit, since I really enjoyed GTA4.

7. Re: GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City to PCs in March Jan 29, 2010, 11:13 nin

^It was on sale during Christmas for $7.50. I grabbed it then; hopefully you did to?

I didn't even know it was on sale.

Twice, I'm thinkin...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City to PCs in March Jan 29, 2010, 11:12 Veinman

I actually just finished Lost and Damned on 360 and have started Ballad of Gay Tony. Lost and Damned was really cool. The ways they tie into the events of the first game, and even the other DLC are pretty slick.  

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo