Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 29, 2010, 20:43  Blue 

zirik wrote on Jan 29, 2010, 18:36:
apple has failed numerous times in the past. anyone remember the pippen and the icube?

I think the Newton is the poster child for this.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 29, 2010, 20:39 ldonyo

When is the MaxiPad going to be released?  

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 29, 2010, 18:36 zirik

apple has failed numerous times in the past. anyone remember the pippen and the icube?  

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 29, 2010, 15:20 kanniballl

Narf2029 wrote on Jan 29, 2010, 14:05:
It's kind of Apple's fault. If I'm not mistaken there was nothing from them about what the iPad would or would not do. When you leave the public to speculate as to just what something is or does, you end up with nothing but disappointed people who won't buy it because it's not what they wanted.

Agreed, they love it when the reviewers/customers/etc start generating buzz and advertising all on their own. They don't have to lift a finger or spend much on advertising yet the next thing you know there are hordes of fans salivating for their new "precious."

Unfortunately if they don't live up to expectations it can have a negative effect. "Oh man, it's not 4G?" "You mean it's using iPhone OSX and not regular OSX?" "It won't make me COOL?!?!?"

Personally I don't see the big deal, especially for people that already have an iPhone, but even for those without one.

Sure, it seems like a neat little appliance to leave around the house when you want to access the Internet, check news, check email, check TV listings from the comfort of your couch.

But in the end it's just a giant iPhone or iPod Touch, and personally I'd rather just use the little version so I can leave it in my pocket and use it on-the-go.

And frankly, you could just go buy a cheap Dell laptop or a MacBook for what the iPad is meant for anyway. Plus when you need a laptop for something hefty you'll be covered.

This comment was edited on Jan 29, 2010, 15:24.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 29, 2010, 14:05 Narf2029

It's kind of Apple's fault. If I'm not mistaken there was nothing from them about what the iPad would or would not do. When you leave the public to speculate as to just what something is or does, you end up with nothing but disappointed people who won't buy it because it's not what they wanted.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 29, 2010, 13:09 Wolfen

Heh, this announcement and all the doubt in the press ive seen reminds of the Segway announcement.  

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 29, 2010, 13:05 space captain

yeh its about time for apple to fail catastrophically - as there has been an insane amount of pride before this  
Go forth, and kill!

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 29, 2010, 12:26 Fion

Ipad, Ipad, Ipad...

Give me a twice as cable and 1/3 the price netbook any day of the week.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo