Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

NVIDIA Beta Drivers

New beta version 196.34 ForceWare reference drivers are now available for NVIDIA accelerators, addressing last week's WHQL-certified drivers that prevented overclocking. There are new drivers for Windows XP, Windows Vista/Windows 7 32-bit, Windows XP x64, and Windows Vista/Windows 7 64-bit. Thanks Firing Squad.

View
8. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers Jan 30, 2010, 03:49 Stormsinger

Yakumo wrote on Jan 28, 2010, 06:43:
Stormsinger - having never seen or heard of that before it makes me wonder what your system is running. Sounds like old drivers need clearing properly, or you've got a codec mess or some other software fault.

I've heard any number of people who've had issues with specific drivers and had to roll back to older ones. The 6921 drivers were originally especially popular for players of one or two specific games (Bioshock, maybe?), as many of them had problems with newer versions, even WHQL-certified ones.

My old drivers have been cleared completely more than once...it makes no difference. It -could- be a codec issue, I guess, but there's no way it's worth wiping all the codecs out and finding them again, just to see if that's the cause. The whole thing really does raise the questions "who fucked up so badly that it locks the app up, but gives not a single indication what the cause was?" And "why does -this- driver not have that issue?"

In all honesty, it really doesn't matter. I don't seem to need any of the features of the newer drivers, and probably won't until I buy a newer card. At this point, there's still no real indication that I'll need to do so anytime soon. The way things are going, I'm far more likely to buy a whole new box first.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jan 27, 23:49 Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers born2expire
  2. Jan 28, 00:48  Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers Stormsinger
  3. Jan 28, 01:07   Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers Diabolus in Musica
  7. Jan 30, 03:40    Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers Stormsinger
  5. Jan 28, 06:43   Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers Yakumo
>> 8. Jan 30, 03:49    Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers Stormsinger
  4. Jan 28, 01:46  Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers born2expire
  6. Jan 28, 16:10 Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers PacoTaco

footer

Blue's News logo