Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Global Agenda Launch Schedule

The Global Agenda Website has a launch schedule for Hi-Rez Studios' multiplayer action/RPG, which is wrapping up its closed beta testing today. They outline plans to make the game available tomorrow when name reservations will begin, with the early start program to kick off on Friday. The game will launch on Monday, and Conquest Zones are expected to unlock for all players beginning on Tuesday, Feb. 2. Thanks Massively.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Global Agenda Launch Schedule Jan 27, 2010, 17:33 Ant

I played it a few weeks ago, but I wasn't impressed with it. Or maybe I didn't get far enough?  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Global Agenda Launch Schedule Jan 27, 2010, 09:46 Frijoles

Waiting certainly won't hurt. Sure, you'd be behind everyone else in terms of levels/skills, but those don't play a huge role in this game. For example, at level 5 with no upgrades, you have (I think) 2100 health. At level 17 with most of my "green" upgrades (think uncommon, like in WoW) I had about 2270 health. That small bit isn't enough to make much of a difference. What would make a difference is that the higher level people will have access to all their unlocked items, and their skill points would be giving them a boost as well. Still not a huge deal.

I guess it depends on what you want to get out of the game. If you're interested in the AvA stuff (or PvP), I can't comment too much, but the PvP seems fine. Haven't tried AvA. If you want to do some PvE, I'd wait a month or two for some objective-based maps.

6. Re: Global Agenda Launch Schedule Jan 27, 2010, 05:32 Hump

@beta testers

Would it be best if one waited on buying this for a month or two?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

5. Re: Global Agenda Launch Schedule Jan 26, 2010, 23:45 Rhett

I had fun (played the beta, then got a refund) with it. The armor looked awesome, especially with dye atleast.

However, while my computer is well above min requirements, the PVP (on ANY settings) always lagged for me and the PVE was pretty boring. Crafting is exactly how the below poster stated, very boring and unintuitive.

With a few major changes and patches, it'll definitely thrive, however.

4. Re: Global Agenda Launch Schedule Jan 26, 2010, 23:14 Warskull

Skip it, it isn't worth the $50 entry fee. Its like a mediocre TF2 with some half-assed leveling tossed in. If you care about leveling more than anything else, I guess you could find it amusing.  

3. Re: Global Agenda Launch Schedule Jan 26, 2010, 22:00 Frijoles

Good things and bad things about it. The gameplay is fun, both PvP and PvE. The first time through the maps, they're cool to see.

Unfortunately, for PvE anyway, there's no story and no point to the missions. Every missions is to storm a location and kill everybody. At the end is a boss. Kill that, you're done. That's it. Over and over. If they'd just add some story to this game and give us some actual objectives, then PvE would be a blast. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it, but it's going to get very old very fast.

Crafting is a joke. Every single upgrade costs the same items and does the same thing (within the quality you're building). So a head upgrade is the same as a chest upgrade is the same as a leg upgrade, etc. The weapon upgrades are worse. The one I built added 1 point to my energy pool. I haven't built another since it was so pointless. Hopefully they fix crafting.

Aside from those two gripes, I'm having a lot of fun and will be keeping my pre-order ($35 was worth it, $50.. dunno). I'm basically paying and hoping they add all the content they're promising.

2. Re: Global Agenda Launch Schedule Jan 26, 2010, 21:37 Bucky

I remember being interested in this game when it was first announced, but it seems to have fallen off of my radar since then. Now it's about to be released. I guess I'll have to dig around for opinions on it.  

1. Re: Global Agenda Launch Schedule Jan 26, 2010, 21:36 The PC Warrior

really looking forward to this, the beta was fun as hell.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo