Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User-Run Telling for Tale in the Desert

eGenesis announces the launch of a player-driven server shard for A Tale in the Desert, their combat-free MMO that focuses on social and crafting gameplay. The new server will go live on February 20, when new and old players will be able to converge upon a version of Egypt where nothing is built and everything is open for the taking. Word is: "What makes this server truly unique is that every test will already be coded into the game and the speed of this telling will only be limited by the players themselves."

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: User-Run Telling for Tale in the Desert Jan 26, 2010, 15:15 Longswd

Sounds like the game equivalent of a chick flick

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: User-Run Telling for Tale in the Desert Jan 26, 2010, 09:52 strich

This game kind of became elitist as time went on. I played a number of times and each time, it got harder and harder to get help from fellow players and devs. They seemed more and more impatient with questions about finding something in-game or help with a quest. Travel also sucked.  

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

2. Re: User-Run Telling for Tale in the Desert Jan 25, 2010, 22:45 Frijoles

The first ATITD was awesome. I remember spending a lot of time cutting gems and breeding bugs. And camels. Damn camels. And charcoal. Ugg. Still, it was a lot of fun, and you had something to show for it. However, as the years went by, I found it harder and harder to return to Egypt. The controls became horrible to handle, the graphics very out-dated.

I wish Teppy? would win the lotto or something and be able to hire a full team for this game. I don't know any other dev that posts his cell phone for users to call when they have a problem.

1. Re: User-Run Telling for Tale in the Desert Jan 25, 2010, 20:36 Sepharo

I've hopped into this game a few times in the past.

It's really like nothing else (well I guess it is sort of like SecondLife) it's amazing to see the creativity of the art pieces and the emergence of cities and markets.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo