Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Bethesda's Mystery MMOG

The information Bethesda Softworks has been attempting to redact from the documents from their legal action against Interplay over the Fallout MMORPG has come to light. By pinpointing the segments of the record to be redacted, they have pointed prying eyes right at the erstwhile secrets in a variation on the Streisand effect. There are a few tidbits from the court transcripts on Duck and Cover, and here are a couple of quotes that reflect on the MMORPG Bethesda doesn't want to be made public at this point:

Q. How do you know what an MMOG is?
A. One of the divisions of ZeniMax Media, ZeniMax Online Studios, is currently in production of an MMOG and has been in production for a number of years.
Q. Is it a Fallout MMOG?
A. It is not.

A. ZeniMax Online Studios is creating a triple A MMOG along the lines of, I mentioned earlier World of Warcraft. It is, you know, a world wide launch. There's close to a hundred people that are working on the game currently. The budget for that, you know, is tens and tens of millions of to dollars.

Q. You never built a MMOG, have you?
A. We're building one right now.
Q. Prior to the time of the APA and the TLA, Bethesda and ZeniMax never built an MMOG, did they?
A. Bethesda began development with ZeniMax Online Studios -- ZeniMax Online Studios began to put together its design in I think late 2006, around 2007, so it's in development. Started around then and it's currently in development, it's been in development for a number of years.

View
5. Re: On Bethesda's Mystery MMOG Jan 22, 2010, 20:43 osage no onna

[...]might have been anxious to have Interplay fail[...]

I'd say Interplay failed years before this deal. And it's Bethesda's money that has allowed them to keep doing whatever it is they're doing (mainly just baiting investors perhaps).

I wish Caen would stop propping up Interplay's unholy corpse and let it rest already. The only thing I would fault Bethesda with is having given them enough money to pay off their debts, since otherwise Interplay and Caen would be long gone by now.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jan 22, 19:03 Re: On Bethesda's Mystery MMOG Dev
  2. Jan 22, 19:15  Re: On Bethesda's Mystery MMOG Ray Marden
>> 5. Jan 22, 20:43   Re: On Bethesda's Mystery MMOG osage no onna
  6. Jan 22, 21:20    Re: On Bethesda's Mystery MMOG Lorcin
  8. Jan 23, 03:09   Re: On Bethesda's Mystery MMOG Cutter
  9. Jan 23, 08:59    Re: On Bethesda's Mystery MMOG random.thought
  10. Jan 23, 10:00     Re: On Bethesda's Mystery MMOG Skullguise
  11. Jan 23, 11:02      Re: On Bethesda's Mystery MMOG BubbleMage
  12. Jan 23, 14:41       Re: On Bethesda's Mystery MMOG random.thought
  13. Jan 24, 05:23       Re: On Bethesda's Mystery MMOG Kxmode