Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Doctor Who and Top Gear Games?

MCV reports on efforts by the BBC to get back into the world of video games, shopping some of their properties such as Doctor Who, Top Gear, and In The Night Garden to publishers and developers. They say they are pursuing games on iPhone and Facebook as well as portable games for DS and Wii. It sounds like they may be aiming at youthful audiences, however: "We are open to conversations with anybody in games about all kinds of business models to see how we can extract more value," said Neil Ross Russell, MD of children's and licensing. "Outside of Disney we have the most well-known line-up of children’s characters around the world."

View
13. Re: Doctor Who and Top Gear Games? Jan 21, 2010, 20:32 Lorcin

I love the Doctor Who books - always have done. But I can't see a game working at all - having a pretty much pacifist protagonist would pretty much kill any standard genre of game dead.

The only genre it would fit into is adventure - which is already on life support. So they're basically talking about a niche market game (uk pretty much exclusively) in a niche genre. Yup that'll attract a lot of funding and be of reasonable quality I'm sure. Capcom's Zack and Wiki was really fun on the wii - but something tells me Super Ultra Mario Gangbang Brawl Now With Extra Cuteness sold more.

Top Gear also won't work - unless it's an Iphone app ala Top Trumps which people could play against each other on the train. Guess they could give the starter pack away free to launch it to a wide audience then charge for addon cards.

Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jan 21, 13:01 Re: Doctor Who and Top Gear Games? JoeNapalm
  2. Jan 21, 13:09  Re: Doctor Who and Top Gear Games? Creston
  3. Jan 21, 13:23   Re: Doctor Who and Top Gear Games? sir
  4. Jan 21, 13:31    Re: Doctor Who and Top Gear Games? Creston
  5. Jan 21, 13:47   Re: Doctor Who and Top Gear Games? Quboid
  6. Jan 21, 13:51    Re: Doctor Who and Top Gear Games? NKD
  7. Jan 21, 14:06    Re: Doctor Who and Top Gear Games? Creston
  8. Jan 21, 16:05    Re: Doctor Who and Top Gear Games? Dan M
  9. Jan 21, 16:25     Re: Doctor Who and Top Gear Games? Grendle
  10. Jan 21, 17:45     Top Gear Sphinx