Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

AvP Survivor Mode Preview, Trailer

IGN has a hands-on preview of Survivor Mode in Aliens vs. Predator, a multiplayer mode they feel may be the defining point for the upcoming sci-fi shooter, saying: "It's a mode that will keep people going long after the campaign's credits have rolled and the deathmatch numbers have dwindled." They offer a trailer of Survivor mode in action, and describe how it works, which is similar to a mode in the 1999 version of the game: "Survivor pits one to four players up against a horde of Aliens, their numbers growing and more deadly breeds introduced as the wave number increases. It's a premise that's familiar from any blockbusting action game of the last couple of years, and Gears of War 2's Horde mode is but one of many examples of the art of gunning down ever increasing numbers of adversaries."

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: AvP Survivor Mode Preview, Trailer Jan 24, 2010, 09:45 Shataan

Imo this AVP 3 is gonna crush the original. As for AVP 2? The Original crushed that 1. lol Rebellions deilvering the goods man.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: AvP Survivor Mode Preview, Trailer Jan 21, 2010, 12:52 sir

Will it measure up to the first two games? I doubt it, but I reckon it'll be good enough to justify paying 17.99.  

9. Re: AvP Survivor Mode Preview, Trailer Jan 21, 2010, 11:16 RocketChef

LOL! Have you seen the video? David Brickley the senior producer looked like he would sing "Never gonna give you up... never gonna say goodby..." any moment :D.  

8. Re: AvP Survivor Mode Preview, Trailer Jan 21, 2010, 10:01 Grounded

FREAKING SWEET!  

7. Re: AvP Survivor Mode Preview, Trailer Jan 21, 2010, 09:18 InBlack

Gears of War 2's Horde mode is but one of many examples of the art of gunning down ever increasing numbers of adversaries

MAJOR....Fail with the example there....

These guys at IGN have been frothing at the mouth about this game for weeks now and its making me sick to my stomach. I mean seriously they are like sugar/honey coating this game so much Im seriously worried that it might turn out to be a turd in disguise...

This comment was edited on Jan 21, 2010, 09:25.

I have a nifty blue line!

6. Re: AvP Survivor Mode Preview, Trailer Jan 21, 2010, 04:38 KilrathiAce

For game like this, SDK is not really needed. This is not multiplayer oriented game to begin with. Now for something like BC2...thats another story.

This comment was edited on Jan 21, 2010, 04:39.

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

5. Re: AvP Survivor Mode Preview, Trailer Jan 21, 2010, 01:59 Jerykk

No mods allowed, confirmed that no SDK will be released.

Luckily, you don't need an SDK to make skins.

4. Re: AvP Survivor Mode Preview, Trailer Jan 21, 2010, 00:56 Surf

Played this mode endlessly in the original. Fuggin awesome man!  

3. Re: AvP Survivor Mode Preview, Trailer Jan 21, 2010, 00:33 DangerDog

No mods allowed, confirmed that no SDK will be released.

2. Re: AvP Survivor Mode Preview, Trailer Jan 20, 2010, 22:53 Jerykk

All we need now is an unlockable Hudson skin.

Mods ftw.

1. Re: AvP Survivor Mode Preview, Trailer Jan 20, 2010, 22:01 Wallshadows

I've always enjoyed skirmish modes regardless of the title but I think it fits particularly well with this franchise.

All we need now is an unlockable Hudson skin.

I'm ready, man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State of the badass art! You do NOT wanna fuck with me. Check it out! Hey Ripley, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo