Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Lost Planet 2 Confirmed?

The ESRB has rating information for Lost Planet 2 indicating a Windows edition of the third-person shooter sequel is in the works, something that was hinted back in April 2009 (thanks Big Download). The ESRB lists Lost Planet 2 for Windows PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360, and offers a description of the game, jiggling breasts, exposed buttocks, and all.

This is a third-person shooter in which players lead a squad of "snow pirates" to seize control of a lost planet—one with lush tropical jungles and harsh, unforgiving deserts. Players use machine guns, rocket launchers, sniper rifles, and grenades to kill giant insect-like creatures called "Akrids." Players can also pilot heavily armed mechanized suits (Vital Suits) to traverse the environment and inflict greater damage on enemies. The constant firefights are loud and frenetic; the enemy Akrids emit spurts of orange viscous fluid when hit. While male soldiers are typically clad in futuristic heavily armored suits, a selectable female soldier sometimes wears a piece of cloth hanging down the front and back portions of her body; this outfit tends to reveal her buttocks. Players are able to customize her with a bikini, draping chains, and a garter belt; in this outfit, the woman's breasts will slightly jiggle—in slow motion—during combat. During an opening cutscene, a snow pirate opens the door of a helicopter and says, "God, it smells like sh*t!"

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: PC Lost Planet 2 Confirmed? Jan 19, 2010, 11:33 ASJD

Dots wrote on Jan 18, 2010, 19:38:
wasn't really SUPER optimized but still was decent. It also had lots and lots of DX10-exclusive effects.

It was hyper demanding, I'd be surprised if any PC can still play it very smoothly with all effects maxed. Runs worse than Crysis on my PC.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: PC Lost Planet 2 Confirmed? Jan 19, 2010, 11:32 ASJD

Dots wrote on Jan 18, 2010, 12:38:
It was confirmed like a million years ago already. Two times over.

No, it wasn't. And it still isn't confirmed.

14. Re: time limit? Jan 18, 2010, 21:44 Elf Shot The Food

I got bored of the game by the third level; definitely a case of style over substance.  

13. Re: time limit? Jan 18, 2010, 21:07 PHJF

I don't understand the "time limit" thing. Do you mean the countdown for your heat storage or whatever? That's gone in the second game.

Figured it would be gone, considering LP2 is in the jungle. It wasn't a problem on the lower difficulties, but made the higher ones nigh impossible.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

12. time limit? Jan 18, 2010, 20:37 HoSpanky

I don't understand the "time limit" thing. Do you mean the countdown for your heat storage or whatever? That's gone in the second game. The only time it constantly burns down is if you use a mech. Also the sequel has 4-player co-op through the entire campaign, which is the selling point for me.

There's a demo out on the 360 if you want to give it a go. 4-player co-op is in it, altho it's just a boss fight (a rather neat one, but that's ALL there is to the demo).

I didn't think the first game was particularly boring, but it definitely had a who-cares storyline, and I agree it ran better on the controller than the m/kb.

11. Re: Zzzzz Jan 18, 2010, 20:17 Bumpy

PHJF wrote on Jan 18, 2010, 17:34:
I wouldn't have minded LP so much had there not been a time limit virtually the entire game. I don't appreciate when games rush me.

That time limit was the only reason I never played or bought the game.

10. Re: PC Lost Planet 2 Confirmed? Jan 18, 2010, 19:38 Dots

And was one of the worst console ports on a PC too.
You kidding me? It controlled great and looked decent and wasn't really SUPER optimized but still was decent. It also had lots and lots of DX10-exclusive effects.

It was the first in-house port by Capcom though so even if it did have some rough edges, I'd say it was fine.

And with RE5's port, I'm pretty sure I'll be playing LP2, especially given that LP2's gameplay is going to be completely different from the original, since the RE5 team is working on the game.

9. Re: Zzzzz Jan 18, 2010, 17:34 PHJF

I wouldn't have minded LP so much had there not been a time limit virtually the entire game. I don't appreciate when games rush me.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

8. Zzzzz Jan 18, 2010, 15:31 DorkOff

I'm extremely lenient towards games, grading wise, but I couldn't stand LP1. It felt like something from the 90's in terms of gameplay. And yes I had a cutting-edge rig- graphics aren't everything (as a Graphics-Whore, it physically hurt to type that).

This comment was edited on Jan 18, 2010, 15:44.

7. Re: PC Lost Planet 2 Confirmed? Jan 18, 2010, 14:29 Zyrxil

How was it badly ported? I thought it was fairly boring, but it ran well and supported DX10  

6. Re: PC Lost Planet 2 Confirmed? Jan 18, 2010, 14:24 Enahs

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jan 18, 2010, 14:11:
The first game was pretty boring. This one doesn't look any better.

And was one of the worst console ports on a PC too.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

5. Re: PC Lost Planet 2 Confirmed? Jan 18, 2010, 14:11 Wowbagger_TIP

The first game was pretty boring. This one doesn't look any better.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

4. Re: PC Lost Planet 2 Confirmed? Jan 18, 2010, 13:46 Dots

Well, Shacknews and VE3D have constantly referred to the PC version as announced ever since LP2 was shown at E3 and the game was demoed on 360-controlled equipped PCs(but then it runs on MT Framework). I don't know how "official" is that but the thought hasn't even occurred to me that it already wasn't.  

3. Re: PC Lost Planet 2 Confirmed? Jan 18, 2010, 12:51  Blue 

Dots wrote on Jan 18, 2010, 12:38:

And where would that be?

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

2. Re: PC Lost Planet 2 Confirmed? Jan 18, 2010, 12:38 Dots

1. Re: PC Lost Planet 2 Confirmed? Jan 18, 2010, 12:34 Zardoz5

Nice to see Capcom giving the PC some more love, even though it will probably be just a quick console-to-PC port. I got the first Lost Planet as a pack in with my mobo and found the game played much better with a controller than mouse/kb. Hopefully Capcom spends the time making a better PC version with LP2.  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo