Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New Unreal Development Kit Beta

The Epic UDK Page offers the January beta of the Unreal Development Kit, the free tool which allows for standalone community created Unreal-engine projects. These release notes outline everything that's new and different in the new release.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: New Unreal Development Kit Beta Jan 18, 2010, 08:51 jabba

You mean all those games with hiiiiigh elevators or heavy usage of arty loading screens ? UT3 was nice to show off PS3's power when its' premiere was like a year off. Not now. Now we need RAGE (id).  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: New Unreal Development Kit Beta Jan 18, 2010, 04:16 Tony!!!

Uhhh, Commenting on Unreal the franchise when they have put out Gear of War 1 and 2 and soon to be 3???

pffffft. LOL.

there is no nice save here. You just jumped the gun. DOH!!!

-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

9. Re: New Unreal Development Kit Beta Jan 18, 2010, 00:50 Acleacius

Actually this might mean someone who gives a shit about the Unreal world (i.e. talking the original) to make a worthy sequel to the first game, since a certain lead developer is to incompetent to recognize what Epic had/has.

It's not like there is any real money to be made about a planet of natives being invaded by human corporate military for their natural resources. You know natives with their own language, mystical abilities, peaceful nature called Navi....er Nali.

Nope no money in that at all.....freaking idiot.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

8. Re: New Unreal Development Kit Beta Jan 17, 2010, 23:32 Diabolus in Musica

Sepharo wrote on Jan 17, 2010, 23:01:
Nice save.

Save? Look at my first post: "This franchise needs to just die already".

Did I say "Epic are morons for releasing free content, I hope they rot in Hhhheeeelllll!!!!!!111". No. Right from the beginning I'm talking about the franchise, not the UDK.

I can't just wave a magic wand and bestow upon a person the gift of reading comprehension. Sorry.

7. Re: New Unreal Development Kit Beta Jan 17, 2010, 23:01 Sepharo

Nice save.  

6. Re: New Unreal Development Kit Beta Jan 17, 2010, 22:56 Diabolus in Musica

StreetPreacher wrote on Jan 17, 2010, 21:47:
Well at least his tag is appropriate. I don't think this caveman has any idea what this story is even about.

For those with sloping foreheads, Epic has decided to put a full-fedged version of the engine and development tools that power an absolutely staggering number of today's best-selling games in your hands. Totally free.

What they're doing is nothing short of awesome.

And you're an idiot.

As I said, I'm not talking about the free development tools, I'm talking about the franchise. What they've done here is good but at the same time they need to move on from the Unreal games.

5. Re: New Unreal Development Kit Beta Jan 17, 2010, 22:55 Diabolus in Musica

verybad wrote on Jan 17, 2010, 19:50:
The GEICO Cavemen wrote on Jan 17, 2010, 19:12:

This franchise needs to just die already. Remake UT with the modern engine then move on.

Yeah, a free development tool that anyone can use a still modern capability engine with for their own projects for free is bad.

Moron.

Of course free development tools are good. I'm talking about the Unreal franchise itself, it's getting a little long in the tooth. Unreal Tournament was the last real great Unreal game. The rest have been uninspired rehashes with pretty eye candy.

4. Re: New Unreal Development Kit Beta Jan 17, 2010, 21:47 StreetPreacher

Well at least his tag is appropriate. I don't think this caveman has any idea what this story is even about.

For those with sloping foreheads, Epic has decided to put a full-fedged version of the engine and development tools that power an absolutely staggering number of today's best-selling games in your hands. Totally free.

What they're doing is nothing short of awesome.

And you're an idiot.

3. Re: New Unreal Development Kit Beta Jan 17, 2010, 19:50 verybad

The GEICO Cavemen wrote on Jan 17, 2010, 19:12:

This franchise needs to just die already. Remake UT with the modern engine then move on.

Yeah, a free development tool that anyone can use a still modern capability engine with for their own projects for free is bad.

Moron.

2. Re: New Unreal Development Kit Beta Jan 17, 2010, 19:42 SirKnight

What you say doesn't make much sense. This is not about the Unreal game. It's about their engine which powers A LOT of games not called "Unreal." Just because the engine is called Unreal Engine doesn't mean it's tied to the Unreal game and story.  

1. Re: New Unreal Development Kit Beta Jan 17, 2010, 19:12 Diabolus in Musica

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo