Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

On Modern Warfare 2 Balance

A Modern Warfare 2 God Mode Video on Before It's News is a NSFW video showing problems with the One Man Army perk in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. The player/narrator shows balance issues as he repeatedly reloads his class and lays waste to everyone on the server in a Domination match, explaining what he feels needs to be changed. Perhaps there's a way to counter his strategies in the existing game structure, but none of his 100 victims were able to work it out. On a more general note, Where Infinity Ward Went Wrong: A Concise Summary on the Infinity Ward Forums is a lengthy post outlining 14 specific problems with Infinity Ward's military shooter. Thanks Joker961.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: On Modern Warfare 2 Balance Jan 14, 2010, 21:56 Paranoid Jack

Have you tried MAG? Now that game is awesome. Cod, not so much...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: On Modern Warfare 2 Balance Jan 14, 2010, 17:18 space captain

It just gets funnier every time.

it does, doesnt it??

then you get over it

because MW2 is awesome

Go forth, and kill!

17. Re: On Modern Warfare 2 Balance Jan 14, 2010, 17:13 space captain

awww am i upsetting you joe? is ok, it will all be ok  
Go forth, and kill!

16. Re: On Modern Warfare 2 Balance Jan 14, 2010, 16:56 JM

JUST GET OVER IT!!

the game is awesome

Protest Just say no to Activision! NERD RAGE!!!! Protest

15. Re: On Modern Warfare 2 Balance Jan 14, 2010, 16:46  Blue 

space captain wrote on Jan 14, 2010, 16:24:
JUST GET OVER IT!!

the game is awesome

It just gets funnier every time.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

14. Re: On Modern Warfare 2 Balance Jan 14, 2010, 16:40 born2expire

Can we please get a fix to unlock the FOV from 65?

I mean as monitors get bigger and widscreen 16:9 and 16:10's become common place shouldn't FOV's be increasing not decreasing. MW2 gives me INSANE tunnel vision.

13. Re: On Modern Warfare 2 Balance Jan 14, 2010, 16:24 space captain

JUST GET OVER IT!!

the game is awesome

Go forth, and kill!

12. Re: On Modern Warfare 2 Balance Jan 14, 2010, 15:23 Elessar

Beamer wrote on Jan 14, 2010, 13:40:
Except that what is demonstrated in the video is neither a cheat nor a glitch. He is exploiting a feature of the game

I'd consider that a glitch, but call it what you will. The bottom line is an extreme amount of PC games come out with similar issues, hence all the constant whining of X weapon or X powerup being nerfed.
It's not a glitch. It's a built in, completely intentional feature. So the majority of your argument is irrelevant to begin with.

Add this horrible oversight (piss poor testing) to the list of existing PC issues, it boggles my mind that people flock to purchase this. Like sheep.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

11. Re: On Modern Warfare 2 Balance Jan 14, 2010, 15:11 spindoctor

I tried this after watching the video and I managed to get the chopper gunner once as well (same map). I personally find noob tubers somewhat annoying but it's not to the point where I get angry about it and start abusing them in chat like I've seen people do. That would probably change if everyone picked up on this unlimited tubing thing

Having said that, this video is kind of misleading. The narrator would have the viewer believe that this kind of result is possible every single time but he neglects to mention that there were quite a few things going his way in the match he recorded. Most important was the fact that, during the entire game, the enemy team only had control of that one specific point. They never let the narrator's team take that point, nor did they manage to capture another one. The way the spawn system works in this game is that you will spawn near one of your team's control points. (This is quite sensible if you think about it). As it happens, that particular control point has a lot of glass around it so the chopper gunner could shoot through it, and the chopper itself usually hovers at a place where there is higher enemy density, which is why he always stopped in that position where he could take blind shots on the enemy spawn. When I got the chopper gunner, my helicopter hovered over another point where it was significantly easier for the enemy team to hide from my line of sight.
Also, none of his opponents used a stinger/javelin on him. And of course, while he was building up his streaks, he was casually walking around and was lucky that no one just shot him.

If anything, I'd say this video demonstrates that the chopper gunner is kind of overpowered rather than the one man army perk. In normal gameplay, it's usually pretty simple to take out helicopters. Cases like this happen when one team has unfortunate map control and no one manages to shoot down the air support.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

10. Re: On Modern Warfare 2 Balance Jan 14, 2010, 14:14 Rhett

I had alot of fun, as probably one of the first to abuse this. I was getting bored with the game, but this was back when 1887's weren't "fixed" and knifing mingebags were just coming into play.

Besides a few specific ground war maps, this setup didn't yield amazing results since it made the other team camp out of sight.

9. Re: On Modern Warfare 2 Balance Jan 14, 2010, 13:40 Beamer

Except that what is demonstrated in the video is neither a cheat nor a glitch. He is exploiting a feature of the game

I'd consider that a glitch, but call it what you will. The bottom line is an extreme amount of PC games come out with similar issues, hence all the constant whining of X weapon or X powerup being nerfed.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

8. Re: On Modern Warfare 2 Balance Jan 14, 2010, 13:22 infekt

Beamer wrote on Jan 14, 2010, 13:13:
Yeah, man. No one ever figured out how to glitch any PC games. I can't remember ever being on a CS or Quake server with people glitching and/or cheating. It's unfathomable. And don't get me started on how impossible cheating and glitching are in single player games.

Except that what is demonstrated in the video is neither a cheat nor a glitch. He is exploiting a feature of the game. A very unbalanced feature. Both Quake and CS are very polished games in which the developers spent a lot of time balancing and considering the implications of what they did/didn't put into the game.

7. Re: On Modern Warfare 2 Balance Jan 14, 2010, 13:13 Beamer

Because he has something to carry on about. Did you watch that video? It's a freakin joke and this game is a best seller. It's disgraceful that this type of product is perpetuated and reinforced by mindless consumers.

Yeah, man. No one ever figured out how to glitch any PC games. I can't remember ever being on a CS or Quake server with people glitching and/or cheating. It's unfathomable. And don't get me started on how impossible cheating and glitching are in single player games.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

6. Re: On Modern Warfare 2 Balance Jan 14, 2010, 12:58 Elessar

JM wrote on Jan 14, 2010, 12:09:
huh? it already sold a gazillion copies, so it should be perfect - right?

THE GAME IS PERFECT AND TOTALLY FUN AND ITS SCIENTIFIC FACT

Geez, you're STILL carrying on?
Because he has something to carry on about. Did you watch that video? It's a freakin joke and this game is a best seller. It's disgraceful that this type of product is perpetuated and reinforced by mindless consumers.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

5. Re: On Modern Warfare 2 Balance Jan 14, 2010, 12:55 D4rkKnight

I've tried the One man army + reload noob tube, and oh boy is it cheap.

My biggest complaint with this game is that the maps went backwards in quality from MW1, and why not remake and include some of the old maps that were so good.

I would say I like about 40% of the new maps, and about 20% of them are just horrible, plus there are just not that many maps total.

That and of course you can't pick maps to play, you can't kick cheaters, the P2P fails hardcore at times, the usual complaints from IW's choices.

4. Re: On Modern Warfare 2 Balance Jan 14, 2010, 12:43 space captain

YEH MAN GET OVER IT THE GAME IS AWESOME  
Go forth, and kill!

3. Re: On Modern Warfare 2 Balance Jan 14, 2010, 12:09 JM

Geez, you're STILL carrying on?

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2010, 12:20.

2. Re: On Modern Warfare 2 Balance Jan 14, 2010, 11:08 Elf Shot The Food

Some people need to buy ladders so they can get over it.  

1. Re: On Modern Warfare 2 Balance Jan 14, 2010, 10:43 space captain

Go forth, and kill!

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo