Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Elemental: War of Magic Delay

Though the Elemental: War of Magic page on Impulse still lists a February 15 release date, Big Download reports learning through Stardock PR that the strategy/role-playing game will not be hitting its announced Q1 2010 release window, and is instead now expected in the third quarter of this year. No reason for the setback is provided.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Elemental: War of Magic Delay Jan 13, 2010, 15:38  Island Dog 

The current betas are still 2D, I don't believe the 3D will be turned on until after beta 2, but I would have to verify that.

This is the latest roundup that might interest you. http://forums.elementalgame.com/372152

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Elemental: War of Magic Delay Jan 13, 2010, 12:46 Frijoles

Since you appear to be associated with the game, Island Dog, did they enable the 3D graphics yet in the beta or is it still the flat 2D mode (I know they were working on gameplay with 2D mode before turning on 3D)? Also, I read something about the 64 bit version and how the game is supposed to be more epic-y on 64 bit systems (larger maps, etc). Is that still going forward? That was one of the main reasons I was looking in to the game.  

12. Re: Elemental: War of Magic Delay Jan 13, 2010, 10:43  Island Dog 

There should be another beta round very soon, although I don't have an exact date at the moment.  

11. Re: Elemental: War of Magic Delay Jan 13, 2010, 10:29 Wowbagger_TIP

If you pre-order, they have been periodically letting more in at each stage of the beta. Not sure if there are obvious announcements beforehand though.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

10. Re: Elemental: War of Magic Delay Jan 13, 2010, 10:10 Frijoles

I almost bought/preordered this the last time they had it open to get in on the beta. Hopefully they do that again soon.  

9. Re: Elemental: War of Magic Delay Jan 13, 2010, 09:38 Prez

Disappointed by the delay, but the reasoning is hard to argue with.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: Elemental: War of Magic Delay Jan 13, 2010, 08:26  Island Dog 

I thought late summer/fall was always something that was publicly mentioned. But as another poster said, Elemental will be released when we are happy, and will not be rushed out.

In other words, Elemental is going to be sweeet!

7. Re: Elemental: War of Magic Delay Jan 13, 2010, 02:25 unacomn

The 15 february date was dropped since summer last year. Frogboy said they would release it when it's even more awesome, possibly fall 2010.  

6. Re: Elemental: War of Magic Delay Jan 13, 2010, 00:14 Wowbagger_TIP

I've been in the beta since it started, and the plan has always been to have it come out sometime after this summer at least. I think they may have long ago had some thought of an earlier release, but that hasn't been the plan for as long as I've been following this game. They really are determined to get this game right. They're going through a lot of trial and error with various aspects of the game and getting feedback from the testers and even completely reworking some parts of it. I'm confident that they aren't going to release this one until it's done right.

This comment was edited on Jan 13, 2010, 00:17.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

5. Re: Elemental: War of Magic Delay Jan 13, 2010, 00:04 Creston

I can't imagine that that Feb 15th date was ever real. The game isn't even in Beta yet. My bad, obviously it is.

Also, if it was real, it's not THAT hard to see why they'd delay it, right? Seeing as how there's about 987,000 games coming out between now and the end of March.

Releasing it in Q3 is a smart idea. There's nothing else out in Q3 anyways.

That said, the art style in this game still looks absolutely horrible.

Creston

This comment was edited on Jan 13, 2010, 00:32.

4. Re: Elemental: War of Magic Delay Jan 12, 2010, 22:42 Nate

That Feb 15 date must have been a mistake. The dev timelines that have been talked about don't even mention that date.  

3. Re: Elemental: War of Magic Delay Jan 12, 2010, 21:21 Wolfox

After the huge mess that was Demigod, I don't think I'll be giving Stardock any more business. They knowingly released a non-functional game.

Keep in mind that Demigod was developed by GPG, not Stardock, even though a good part of the online problems on release were actually Stardock's fault.

Then again, I think they've learned that lesson well enough to not screw up again. AND Elemental is developed in-house - it's their "baby", so to speak - so I'm more than inclined to trust them on this one, as the Galciv games were pretty good.

2. Re: Elemental: War of Magic Delay Jan 12, 2010, 20:29 Warskull

After the huge mess that was Demigod, I don't think I'll be giving Stardock any more business. They knowingly released a non-functional game.  

1. Re: Elemental: War of Magic Delay Jan 12, 2010, 20:22 Wolfox

Well, I heard from people at Stardock that they will take their time with Elemental, to make it the best Stardock game to date. Also, with the Beta progress so far, there was no way they would make that February date - actually, I'll be surprised if it gets released at the third quarter.  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo