Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Old Republic Spring 2011 Plan Confirmed

Yesterday EA indicated they are planning to launch their "major new MMO" in "Spring 2011," and now The Old Republic Website has a confirmation of the almost universal speculation that the game in question is Star Wars: The Old Republic, the upcoming Star Wars MMORPG, offering the following statement from LucasArts:

“While we have not announced a specific date, we can confirm that we are targeting a spring 2011 release for Star Wars: The Old Republic. We’ve got a lot of exciting updates and reveals planned throughout 2010, including the first-ever hands-on testing for the game. It’s not too late to sign up to be a game tester, so go to www.swtor.com/tester and sign up today. We can’t wait to share more about the game with you as we progress through the year, so make sure you stay tuned to the official website for details.”

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: The Old Republic Spring 2011 Plan Confirmed Jan 12, 2010, 16:24 Cutter

Not too late to be a tester? LOL! Odds are they won't even have a real open beta - like Cryptic - where you have to pay to get in either by pre-order or be a "premium" member at some shithole site like fileplanet to get a key. even if they do it's over more than a year off from now. 2011 is too late, everyone needs to start getting into survival mode for the apocalypse of 2012.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: The Old Republic Spring 2011 Plan Confirmed Jan 12, 2010, 15:25 Ant

Blue wrote on Jan 12, 2010, 14:01:
DrClown wrote on Jan 12, 2010, 14:00:
Trekkie?

I don't think my brain is operating properly today. Knife
Go back to bed, Blue!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

10. Re: The Old Republic Spring 2011 Plan Confirmed Jan 12, 2010, 14:56 Sempai

Lokust wrote on Jan 12, 2010, 14:49:
Why have they been hyping the shit out of this if it's so far off? By the time the game comes out everyone will be sick of hearing about it.

Theyre simply learning from the best, Blizzard.

Why did this game have to be Star Wars, im so fucking tired of Star Wars.

9. Re: The Old Republic Spring 2011 Plan Confirmed Jan 12, 2010, 14:54 The Half Elf

Yeah god forbid that a company is giving you TONS of info and backstory on the game leading up from KOTOR to TOR.

As long as they release another CGI video or two like the first, Hype away!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

8. Re: The Old Republic Spring 2011 Plan Confirmed Jan 12, 2010, 14:49 Lokust

Why have they been hyping the shit out of this if it's so far off? By the time the game comes out everyone will be sick of hearing about it.  

7. Re: The Old Republic Spring 2011 Plan Confirmed Jan 12, 2010, 14:33 sir

Wrong franchise I know, but there are free (yes, free) open beta places still available in Star Trek Online. Just log in to a free Fileplanet account and within a few clicks you can get yourself a beta key and get queued to download the client ( I got my key about half an hour ago).

/public service announcement

6. Re: The Old Republic Spring 2011 Plan Confirmed Jan 12, 2010, 14:21 Riker

The good news is they still have time to change those ugly-ass models.

This comment was edited on Jan 12, 2010, 14:21.

5. Re: The Old Republic Spring 2011 Plan Confirmed Jan 12, 2010, 14:05 DangerDog

They can turn off the hype nozzle now, stop releasing videos and screenshots till the end of 2010.  

4. Re: The Old Republic Spring 2011 Plan Confirmed Jan 12, 2010, 14:04 nin

I don't think my brain is operating properly today.

I'm waiting for the inevitable "you know what the $%^* I meant" post.

Here ya go, Blue:
http://images.mylot.com/userImages/images/postphotos/1538133.jpg

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

3. Re: The Old Republic Spring 2011 Plan Confirmed Jan 12, 2010, 14:01  Blue 

DrClown wrote on Jan 12, 2010, 14:00:
Trekkie?

I don't think my brain is operating properly today. Knife

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

2. Re: The Old Republic Spring 2011 Plan Confirmed Jan 12, 2010, 14:01 nin

. It’s not too late to sign up to be a game tester, so go to www.swtor.com/tester and sign up today.

Waiting...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: The Old Republic Spring 2011 Plan Confirmed Jan 12, 2010, 14:00 DrClown

Trekkie?  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo