Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Cancelled Aliens RPG Footage?

A new clip on the YouTube carries the claim this is from the Aliens RPG that was in development at Obsidian before being cancelled. The clip runs under two minutes, and true to the source material some it is spent in near total darkness. Most of the trailer is exploration, though an alien is glimpsed at the end. Thanks superannuation.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Footage? Jan 11, 2010, 17:45 Drayth

They do, however, go around looking for fights...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Footage? Jan 11, 2010, 17:15 aNNe fRANk

at least since it was yanked we knew it was real.

the marines, predators and aliens are easily the most bad ass characters of all time. and yet they dont wear tights?

9. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Footage? Jan 11, 2010, 15:27 Acleacius

Video was yanked.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

8. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Footage? Jan 11, 2010, 14:57 joe2tiger

Kajetan wrote on Jan 11, 2010, 11:50:
joe2tiger wrote on Jan 11, 2010, 11:18:
... but could have used a lot more polishing off.
You are aware of the difference between a game in the early developement stages and a finished game?

Hellbinder wrote on Jan 11, 2010, 12:48:
I have come to the conclusion that 99% of Bluesnews posters are just flipping RETARDED.

That Footage looked great. It was Pre-Alpha. It looked like it could have been a wonderful game based on the Aliens universe.

Give me a break.

I knew that it was early footage and not past alpha stage. I wasn't knocking Obsidian. I was just picturing what Bioware would do.

Carl Sagan wrote:
Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

7. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Footage? Jan 11, 2010, 14:20 eunichron

Looks like it could have had potential. I'm guessing it would have been "RPG-lite" a la Mass Effect, rather than RPG in the classic sense. I just don't think the Aliens universe is very conducive to an RPG.

This comment was edited on Jan 11, 2010, 14:21.

6. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Footage? Jan 11, 2010, 13:53 DangerDog

Would rather play a pure Aliens game than the comic book blended Alien vs. Predator game coming out.

even in the Alpha state that this is in.

5. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Footage? Jan 11, 2010, 12:48 Hellbinder

I have come to the conclusion that 99% of Bluesnews posters are just flipping RETARDED.

That Footage looked great. It was Pre-Alpha. It looked like it could have been a wonderful game based on the Aliens universe.

Give me a break.

The Whales name is Bob.

4. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Footage? Jan 11, 2010, 11:50 Kajetan

joe2tiger wrote on Jan 11, 2010, 11:18:
... but could have used a lot more polishing off.
You are aware of the difference between a game in the early developement stages and a finished game?

This comment was edited on Jan 11, 2010, 11:50.

3. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Footage? Jan 11, 2010, 11:18 joe2tiger

I would love to see the Bioware team that put together Mass Effect 1 & 2 do a project like this after they finish making the final 3rd game. Looking at this footage, the ambiance seems scary, but could have used a lot more polishing off. I can tell that the user was using a 360 or ps3 controller. I prefer the mouse/keyboard play.

This comment was edited on Jan 11, 2010, 11:20.

Carl Sagan wrote:
Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

2. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Footage? Jan 11, 2010, 11:04 the_culture

Not really fair to judge this pre-alpha footage... but it did not look good. I got the impression they were going for a Mass Effect with Aliens feel. Should have labeled this a "third-person shooter".  

1. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Footage? Jan 11, 2010, 10:56 TangledThorns

Probably a good thing it was canceled. A survival type horror game would have been a better idea. Whats up with the Colonial Marines game?  

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo