Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Metaverse

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 10, 2010, 01:10 Diabolus in Musica

Narf2029 wrote on Jan 9, 2010, 17:20:
The single mom from Cincinnati, no less, since I live there. But I think there was another single mom in New York that discovered it, and one in Denver...

I like the ones about the single moms that have a bridge to sell.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 10, 2010, 01:09 Diabolus in Musica

DangerDog wrote on Jan 9, 2010, 17:24:
I block ads because they've gone too far with their bullshit flash animations floating around the screen, that and ads are a good way to get your system jacked up with malware.

Ads that open up their own windows are just uncalled for as well. Google succeeded by using ads that aren't totally obnoxious.

5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 9, 2010, 17:24 DangerDog

I block ads because they've gone too far with their bullshit flash animations floating around the screen, that and ads are a good way to get your system jacked up with malware.  

4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 9, 2010, 17:20 Narf2029

The single mom from Cincinnati, no less, since I live there. But I think there was another single mom in New York that discovered it, and one in Denver...  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 9, 2010, 15:38 indiv

But if you block ads you'll miss out that a single mom, yes that's right I said single mom, has invented a teeth whitening solution that dentists don't want you to know about! With adblock, you'll remain a slave to big dentistry forever while the rest of us have whiter teeth from the down-to-earth trustworthy single mom.

2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 9, 2010, 14:36 Narf2029

Thank god for that. If some ads weren't so obtrusive I wouldn't block all of them. How about they go back to trying to sell me something rather than throw it in my face or try to get me to accidentally click it or whatever else they do?  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 9, 2010, 13:05 PHJF

"It's unlikely ad blockers are going to get to the level where they imperil the advertising market, because if advertising is so annoying that a large segment of the population wants to block it, then advertising should get less annoying. So I think the market will sort this out."

Amen.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo