Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Blomkamp on District 9 Video Game Prospects

The Neill Blomkamp interview part three on the Los Angeles Times talks with the director about the prospects of a prequel to District 9, the sci-fi movie he directed. The conversation also touches on the idea of a District 9 video game, which he says he'd have input on, though any decision on whether this will happen is in the hands of producer Peter Jackson. Even though Blomkamp was set to direct a Halo movie, he starts by saying "I play a lot of video games. The idea of 'District 9' as a video game stresses me out a little bit because games based on movies rarely work. And movies based on games don't work -- I don't know what's up with that." After getting that out of the way, he goes on to say:

But anyway, "District 9" as a game would be fascinating. And I don't want to see it happen for any sort of corporate reason or profit thing. I used to be involved in computer graphics and I love virtual environments. That's why I like video games, really. And I think a virtual environment of the slums of Soweto is an appealing idea to me. The weapons are cool, too. I photographed the film in a way that isn't that different than video-game perspective in some parts. So a game would be interesting to me. There's nothing happening with it though.

View
15. Re: Blomkamp on District 9 Video Game Prospects Jan 8, 2010, 07:21 Kevlar

Narf2029 wrote on Jan 7, 2010, 23:40:
Mike Hunt wrote on Jan 7, 2010, 23:01:
Political what?!? Man turns into prawn, gets fucked over by everyone, then gets revenge with an array of awesome guns and a mech suit.
All you need to know. That, and apparently if we ever stop being racist to our own species, we'll pass it on to someone else's.

Not quite all you need to know. Man uses gravity gun to shoot a goddamned pig through a tin shack.

Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jan 7, 12:13 Re: Blomkamp on District 9 Video Game Prospects Nighthawk
  2. Jan 7, 12:36  Re: Blomkamp on District 9 Video Game Prospects TangledThorns
  3. Jan 7, 13:13   Re: Blomkamp on District 9 Video Game Prospects |RaptoR|
  4. Jan 7, 14:19    Re: Blomkamp on District 9 Video Game Prospects Joss
  5. Jan 7, 14:40 Re: Blomkamp on District 9 Video Game Prospects eunichron
  6. Jan 7, 16:08  Re: Blomkamp on District 9 Video Game Prospects JoeNapalm
  7. Jan 7, 16:16   Re: Blomkamp on District 9 Video Game Prospects Elf Shot The Food
  8. Jan 7, 16:47  Re: Blomkamp on District 9 Video Game Prospects Kxmode
  9. Jan 7, 17:59   Re: Blomkamp on District 9 Video Game Prospects Narf2029
  10. Jan 7, 20:12 Re: Blomkamp on District 9 Video Game Prospects bigspender
  11. Jan 7, 21:10  Re: Blomkamp on District 9 Video Game Prospects Kosumo
  12. Jan 7, 21:24 Re: Blomkamp on District 9 Video Game Prospects theyarecomingforyou
  13. Jan 7, 23:01  Re: Blomkamp on District 9 Video Game Prospects Mike Hunt
  14. Jan 7, 23:40   Re: Blomkamp on District 9 Video Game Prospects Narf2029
>> 15. Jan 8, 07:21    Re: Blomkamp on District 9 Video Game Prospects Kevlar

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo