Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty 7 Rumor, Sort-of

A post on Abstract360 mongers some rumors about the next Call of Duty game in the works at Treyarch, long rumored to be set in the Vietnam War. They seem to confirm the Vietnam setting, and say "CoD: Vietnam will focus heavily on the story, specifically the struggles of each individual person in your squadron." This is attributed to "reliable sources," as they say "Speaking with reliable sources, PlanetXbox360 has been able to uncover some more interesting bits of information on the upcoming shooter." Of course PlanetXbox360 is a different site altogether, and does not contain any of this info. This was linked last night on Computer and Video Games, and our impulse is to dismiss it outright, but this week-old post is now appearing elsewhere, so we have succumbed to peer pressure.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Call of Duty 7 Rumor, Sort-of Jan 7, 2010, 21:37 Zaibach

TurdFergasun wrote on Jan 7, 2010, 02:43:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 7, 2010, 01:20:

It was a "Jump to Conclusions" mat. You see, it would be this mat that you would put on the floor... and would have different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.

thats the worst idea i've ever heard in my life....

such a horrible idea

ha look uh.. I gotta get out of here.

I'll see you guys later, if I still have a job...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Call of Duty 7 Rumor, Sort-of Jan 7, 2010, 02:43 TurdFergasun

Sepharo wrote on Jan 7, 2010, 01:20:

It was a "Jump to Conclusions" mat. You see, it would be this mat that you would put on the floor... and would have different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.

thats the worst idea i've ever heard in my life....

such a horrible idea

14. Re: Call of Duty 7 Rumor, Sort-of Jan 7, 2010, 01:20 Sepharo

The Advocate wrote on Jan 6, 2010, 17:07:
OoOoh, internet tough guy strikes again!

I rarely call people out but it was time.

Are you that clueless about recent US history? Are you so mindlessly ignorant of the fact that this: "the hippies are throwing rocks and spitting at soldiers coming home" happened on a regular basis as well as being called "baby killers"?

Or do you simply lack respect for the men and women who were drafted against their will in to the armed services to fight in a war few people were interested in winning and fewer people still cared about how many young men and women were dying doing it?

Side note: My dad and two uncles were drafted. Dad was a Naval aviator who was shot down twice and survived. One uncle was a grunt who never made it home and the other was a jarhead who suffered for an extremely long time due to the injuries he received in combat. I freely admit my bias in the matter.

I think it's about time we got around to the Vietnam theater and I hope they allow some of the realism of the situation in to the game. I'd love to see a mission where your only objective is to get out alive from an ambush while dragging an injured buddy.

13. Re: Game Reviews Jan 6, 2010, 21:57 Elf Shot The Food

"I had been hoping Treryarch would be doing the next CoD set in a futuristic environment of maybe 100 years hence."

I'm pretty sure that was called Killzone 2.

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2010, 21:57.

12. Re: Game Reviews Jan 6, 2010, 18:34 Cutter

Why would any American based company want to make a game based on a war that America lost and wasted so many lives?

Because there are so many good lessons to be learned from Vietnam. And unlike modern warfare today where they drop million dollar bombs on mud huts and likely aren't getting the guy they want anyway, Vietnam was the last real infantry based war, and it'll probably stay that way. That makes for some serious excitement as it applies to gameplay. Remember in Platoon when Elias runs off alone, zipping through the jungle taking out Charlie on the run? I'd love to see a mission like that. Anyway, good 'Nam game is long overdue. Please, let there be some good Huey and PT missions!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

11. Re: Call of Duty 7 Rumor, Sort-of Jan 6, 2010, 18:03 Hump

Gah. There's something about military FPS games set in jungle environments that gets boring very quickly.

I had been hoping Treryarch would be doing the next CoD set in a futuristic environment of maybe 100 years hence.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

10. Re: Call of Duty 7 Rumor, Sort-of Jan 6, 2010, 17:53 Zadig

I've never played Call of Duty 1-6. This is the probably the biggest PC franchise that I've neither played nor had any interest in playing.  

9. Re: Game Reviews Jan 6, 2010, 17:12 BobBob

Why would any American based company want to make a game based on a war that America lost and wasted so many lives?  

8. Re: Call of Duty 7 Rumor, Sort-of Jan 6, 2010, 17:07 Burrito of Peace

I rarely call people out but it was time.

Are you that clueless about recent US history? Are you so mindlessly ignorant of the fact that this: "the hippies are throwing rocks and spitting at soldiers coming home" happened on a regular basis as well as being called "baby killers"?

Or do you simply lack respect for the men and women who were drafted against their will in to the armed services to fight in a war few people were interested in winning and fewer people still cared about how many young men and women were dying doing it?

Side note: My dad and two uncles were drafted. Dad was a Naval aviator who was shot down twice and survived. One uncle was a grunt who never made it home and the other was a jarhead who suffered for an extremely long time due to the injuries he received in combat. I freely admit my bias in the matter.

I think it's about time we got around to the Vietnam theater and I hope they allow some of the realism of the situation in to the game. I'd love to see a mission where your only objective is to get out alive from an ambush while dragging an injured buddy.

7. Re: Call of Duty 7 Rumor, Sort-of Jan 6, 2010, 16:36 BinaryNinja

SirKnight wrote on Jan 6, 2010, 15:58:
Maybe this time, instead of a side mission where you mow down civilians in an airport, you mow down protesting hippies on a college campus.

I'd play that.

Or better yet, the hippies are throwing rocks and spitting at soldiers coming home and you play as one of those soldiers who goes AWOL and mows them all down. I'm sure that's what they felt like doing.

6. Re: Call of Duty 7 Rumor, Sort-of Jan 6, 2010, 16:24 Nameless Again

Awesome news! Can't wait to hear that they got rid of PC mouse and keyboard support in favor of gamepads! Let's keep the ball rolling on this series!  

5. Re: Call of Duty 7 Rumor, Sort-of Jan 6, 2010, 16:00 SirKnight

Yeah, come on all of you, big strong men,
Uncle Sam needs your help again.
He's got himself in a terrible jam
Way down yonder in Vietnam
So put down your books and pick up a gun,
We're gonna have a whole lotta fun.
And it's one, two, three,
What are we fighting for ?
Don't ask me, I don't give a damn,
Next stop is Vietnam;
And it's five, six, seven,
Open up the pearly gates,
Well there ain't no time to wonder why,
Whoopee! we're all gonna die.

4. Re: Call of Duty 7 Rumor, Sort-of Jan 6, 2010, 15:58 SirKnight

Maybe this time, instead of a side mission where you mow down civilians in an airport, you mow down protesting hippies on a college campus.

I'd play that.

Or better yet, the hippies are throwing rocks and spitting at soldiers coming home and you play as one of those soldiers who goes AWOL and mows them all down. I'm sure that's what they felt like doing.

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2010, 16:01.

3. Re: Call of Duty 7 Rumor, Sort-of Jan 6, 2010, 15:42 Verno

Directed by Michael Bay!  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Kitchen Nightmares, Coherence, The Rover

2. Re: Call of Duty 7 Rumor, Sort-of Jan 6, 2010, 15:38 DangerDog

Rednecks rejoice!

Kill'n gooks and rag heads next fall! woot!

CoD: Vietnam and Medal of Honor: Afghanistan

1. Re: Call of Duty 7 Rumor, Sort-of Jan 6, 2010, 15:34 007Bistromath

If this one doesn't have dedicated servers, we should dress like period hippies and chant "hell no, we won't go" outside Treyarch's offices.

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2010, 15:35.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo