Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Half-Life 2 Update Mod

The Steam Users' Forums offer links to download the Half-Life 2 Update Mod that updates Half-Life 2 with the improved Orange Box Source engine graphics from Half-Life 2: Episode Two (which is required), including High Dynamic Range lighting, updated models and textures, and 32 Steam Achievements. There's a trailer comparing the new graphics with the originals on the YouTube and another trailer demonstrating the game's achievements. Thanks Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Half-Life 2 Update Mod Jan 7, 2010, 02:18 Umbragen

Amazing Reflecting Concrete Land!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Half-Life 2 Update Mod Jan 6, 2010, 20:24 Caveman

Yea Fake Factory is pretty amazing, I recently played the Half-Life 2 saga with Fake Factory 10, it's pretty freaking beautiful and rivals most graphics today. I don't like his new character models, but he's smart enough to include the character pimper and keep the original models.  

8. Re: Half-Life 2 Update Mod Jan 6, 2010, 20:13 Riker

Maybe I'm blind, but I didn't really see the difference in most of the clips in the video.  

7. Re: Half-Life 2 Update Mod Jan 6, 2010, 17:47 FLY

Caveman wrote on Jan 6, 2010, 16:27:
Is this Fake Factory's cinematic mod?

No.
Fake Factory is a legend. He's advanced far beyond mere lighting/HDR.
Here's an example of Fake's work:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqMNJQs_IzA

Though this mod does look cool. Great to see anything new related to the Half Life series. Millions of fans around the world are waiting on Valve (patiently of course)to make an announcement on the next Half Life. In the mean time, the great modders out there create things to keep the Half Life universe alive. Bless them for that.

Fake Factory's Official site.
http://www.cinematicmod.com/

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2010, 18:09.

6. Re: Half-Life 2 Update Mod Jan 6, 2010, 16:46 sorted

Beelzebud wrote on Jan 6, 2010, 16:25:
It looks nice except for the facial animations. Watch Alex. I'd rather have the less detailed, but better animated character, personally.

yeah I noticed that too, kinda wierd actually...

sorted

"You've heard about the pyramids? This is like the pyramids times ten."

5. Re: Half-Life 2 Update Mod Jan 6, 2010, 16:27 Caveman

Is this Fake Factory's cinematic mod?  

4. Re: Half-Life 2 Update Mod Jan 6, 2010, 16:25 Beelzebud

It looks nice except for the facial animations. Watch Alex. I'd rather have the less detailed, but better animated character, personally.  

3. Re: Half-Life 2 Update Mod Jan 6, 2010, 16:14 Krovven

I'd rather wait for the official update Valve said was coming, but I might check this out later.

Pretty sure they specifically said it was NOT coming, that it was something that they had talked about, but was never going to be a priority and would probably be left up to the mod community.

As I don't feel like scouring the net for the information, if someone can post something confirming one way or the other, that would be great.

2. Re: Half-Life 2 Update Mod Jan 6, 2010, 16:05 ForgedReality

I'd rather wait for the official update Valve said was coming, but I might check this out later.  

1. Re: Half-Life 2 Update Mod Jan 6, 2010, 15:07 sorted

nice.  

"You've heard about the pyramids? This is like the pyramids times ten."

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo