Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Tactical Intervention Details

A Creator of Counter-Strike Developing Tactical Intervention has the official announcement of Tactical Intervention, offering more details on the upcoming shooter from Counter-Strike co-creator Minh "Gooseman" Le first revealed last year. The announcement is accompanied by some screenshots and a few details on the game, which is expected to enter beta testing in the first half of this year:

Tactical Intervention takes aim at maximize strategic team play. The game is being developed with Source Engine and set in the modern battle between terrorists and counter terrorism team. Tactical Intervention is guaranteed to deliver real-like weapon and character design as well as K9 units and hostage NPCs with impeccable AI.

"Counter-Strike-type of game is proven to be a success throughout regions such as Asia, Europe, and North America. It is quite challenging to balance between bringing out familiarity and new system at the same time. But I can guarantee you will have fun paying it," said Mihn Lee.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Tactical Intervention Details Jan 6, 2010, 03:10 Flatline

Sepharo wrote on Jan 5, 2010, 19:07:
I get the feeling that Minh Le was just a ho-hum coder working at Valve all those years and decided to finally cash in on his name knowing full well that "his" game would be crap.

I played the first "beta" of counterstrike. It was a huge mess. A fun mess, but still a mess. Counterstrike was a really, really simple idea, and just had iterative polish applied to it.

Does anyone else remember the bug that would leave glowing green "rods" that traced the hitscan bullet paths at random? Every now and again you'd get into a firefight, run away, and someone else would come up on 200 green ballistic paths floating in midair.

Fun stuff.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Tactical Intervention Details Jan 5, 2010, 19:07 Sepharo

I get the feeling that Minh Le was just a ho-hum coder working at Valve all those years and decided to finally cash in on his name knowing full well that "his" game would be crap.  

5. Re: Tactical Intervention Details Jan 5, 2010, 14:20 Kevlar

Well I, for one, am excited.

...I've been hoping Virtua Cop got a proper 3rd entry to the series for a while now.

4. Re: Tactical Intervention Details Jan 5, 2010, 13:40 Wowbagger_TIP

Is this a joke? Those graphics are from 1999, seriously!
Normally I don't really care much about graphics and don't take people's complaints about them as anything but whining, but damn, those are pretty horrible shots. Looks like what we'd consider placeholder graphics for any game in the last five years at least.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

3. Re: Tactical Intervention Details Jan 5, 2010, 12:55 Techie714

Is this a joke? Those graphics are from 1999, seriously!  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

2. Re: Tactical Intervention Details Jan 5, 2010, 12:22 CommunistHamster

Oh dear.  

1. Re: Tactical Intervention Details Jan 5, 2010, 12:18 CJ_Parker

Hmmm... yummy. Pixel soup .