Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Love Beta Begins: Opens Next Week

The Love Website has word that the alpha test for Love has concluded, and that closed beta testing for Quel Solaar's "first person not so massively multiplayer online procedural adventure game" is now underway. The beta is only available to alpha testers, and word is it will open to new players on January 7.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Love Beta Begins: Opens Next Week Jan 7, 2010, 18:07 vermin

more recent screenshots seemed more detailed and less of the insufferable blur. but not sure if it's actually changed. will test now. it definitely was too much in the previous version yeah  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Love Beta Begins: Opens Next Week Jan 1, 2010, 23:21 Shadowcat

However, why the authors chose to go with some weird "oil painting" shader for the graphics is beyond me. Watching the demo gave me a headache.
I really liked the look in static screenshots, but when I tried the test client (back in September; maybe things have changed?) I found that in motion, during the daylight cycle, the flickering of the graphics was absolutely insufferable. There's no way I'd subject myself to that. But I think that was the game's first public outing, and it was still being designed, so he might have fixed this for all I know.

2. Re: Love Beta Begins: Opens Next Week Jan 1, 2010, 15:56 Riker

Looks like there's a 3 Euro charge for the open beta, but the game looks intriguing. Pretty amazing that one guy has done it all on his own.  

1. Re: Love Beta Begins: Opens Next Week Jan 1, 2010, 15:46 wtf_man

Looking at the game play demo video... there's some really interesting concepts. They definitely think outside the box, which is great.

However, why the authors chose to go with some weird "oil painting" shader for the graphics is beyond me. Watching the demo gave me a headache.

And to name it "Love" is misleading... you think it's some sort of Leisure Suit Larry thing, when it's actually more of a build / defend your own city / attack other cities thing.

It kind of reminds me of Populous... except on being the ground... and no people to control.

This comment was edited on Jan 1, 2010, 15:52.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo