Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PT Boats: Knights of the Sea Demo

A demo for PT Boats: Knights of the Sea is now available, offering the chance to sample the recently released World War II naval combat game. Word is: "The free demo version of PT Boats : Knights of the Sea v1.1, released exclusively by Battlefront.com last week, is offering a great insight into what this unique naval simulation has to offer - the unprecedented ambient effects, water physics and other simulation details of handling a 'mosquite [sic] boat' fleet, to mention a few. The demo includes 3 airplanes, 16 naval units, 3 tutorial missions, as well as a demo campaign playable from both the Allied and the Axis points of view!" The download is available on Battlefront.com and it's mirrored on AtomicGamer, ComputerGames.ro, Gamer's Hell, and WorthPlaying.

View
3. Re: PT Boats: Knights of the Sea Demo Dec 31, 2009, 19:44 Stormsinger

That is one damned unfriendly tutorial, though. Get within 3 cables to identify the enemy...but it doesn't tell you what the hell a "cable" is until you've already succeeded. Destroy the enemy ships, but you can't take any damage. Hell, I can't even -see- the enemy ship from my forward guns, they don't depress that far (I can't even see the -water-). How in the world are you supposed to -aim- them?

I'll come back and try it again tomorrow, but I'm definitely unimpressed so far. Sad, cause I was really looking forward to this title.

This comment was edited on Dec 31, 2009, 19:45.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Dec 31, 12:13 Re: PT Boats: Knights of the Sea Demo Techie714
  2. Dec 31, 13:52 Re: PT Boats: Knights of the Sea Demo Techie714
>> 3. Dec 31, 19:44 Re: PT Boats: Knights of the Sea Demo Stormsinger
  4. Dec 31, 22:56  Re: PT Boats: Knights of the Sea Demo Smooth Gravy

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo