Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
User Settings
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PT Boats: Knights of the Sea Demo

A demo for PT Boats: Knights of the Sea is now available, offering the chance to sample the recently released World War II naval combat game. Word is: "The free demo version of PT Boats : Knights of the Sea v1.1, released exclusively by last week, is offering a great insight into what this unique naval simulation has to offer - the unprecedented ambient effects, water physics and other simulation details of handling a 'mosquite [sic] boat' fleet, to mention a few. The demo includes 3 airplanes, 16 naval units, 3 tutorial missions, as well as a demo campaign playable from both the Allied and the Axis points of view!" The download is available on and it's mirrored on AtomicGamer,, Gamer's Hell, and WorthPlaying.

3. Re: PT Boats: Knights of the Sea Demo Dec 31, 2009, 19:44 Stormsinger
That is one damned unfriendly tutorial, though. Get within 3 cables to identify the enemy...but it doesn't tell you what the hell a "cable" is until you've already succeeded. Destroy the enemy ships, but you can't take any damage. Hell, I can't even -see- the enemy ship from my forward guns, they don't depress that far (I can't even see the -water-). How in the world are you supposed to -aim- them?

I'll come back and try it again tomorrow, but I'm definitely unimpressed so far. Sad, cause I was really looking forward to this title.

This comment was edited on Dec 31, 2009, 19:45.
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
    Date Subject Author
  1. Dec 31, 12:13 Re: PT Boats: Knights of the Sea Demo Techie714
  2. Dec 31, 13:52 Re: PT Boats: Knights of the Sea Demo Techie714
>> 3. Dec 31, 19:44 Re: PT Boats: Knights of the Sea Demo Stormsinger
  4. Dec 31, 22:56  Re: PT Boats: Knights of the Sea Demo Smooth Gravy

Blue's News logo