Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlezone 2 Anniversary

Happy 10th anniversary to Battlezone 2, the action strategy hybrid developed by Pandemic Studios. The Battlezone Universe Forums feature a still-active community and comments saying the game came out 10 years ago yesterday, while our archive says the Battlezone 2's tenth anniversary is tomorrow, so we'll split the difference today.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Battlezone 2 Anniversary Dec 30, 2009, 18:35 Surf

I always preferred the simplicity and elegance of BZ 1 by Activision. BZ2 just couldnt deliver, and Tribes 1 and 2 did what BZ2 couldn't accomplish at all.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Battlezone 2 Anniversary Dec 30, 2009, 16:34 Shadowcat

[Uprising] crashes rather a lot on XP. Any tips?
Sorry, I don't remember it crashing on me (it certainly wasn't notable, at least), and I'm pretty sure I was running XP by that stage. I didn't have any luck using Glide wrappers the last time I played, mind -- it had to be software graphics only.

8. Re: Battlezone 2 Anniversary Dec 30, 2009, 09:09 CommunistHamster

Uprising is fantastic, I have the original box still (Gosh, why did they stop releasing PC games in enormous cardboard boxes?) but it crashes rather a lot on XP. Any tips?

Battlezone is amazing too, if only the action strategy genre still lived.

Still, there's always Carrier Command: Gaea Mission releasing this year.

7. Re: Battlezone 2 Anniversary Dec 30, 2009, 08:00 RenownWolf

I've been trying to get a copy of this for awhile (legit) and haven't managed yet. I loved BZ and only got to try BZ2 at a mates place but loved it.

Rather sad this never really went anywhere beyond the BZ series for a game genre mixup.

Too bad Pandemic is gone too, they are local boys for me too. Even was considering applying there when I finish my degree.

http://www.renownwolf.com

6. Re: Battlezone 2 Anniversary Dec 30, 2009, 06:10 Shadowcat

Agreed, Uprising was great; although it took me a little while to accept what it was and what it wasn't. Not being able to direct units about really threw me at first, but I appreciated the gameplay better as time went on. I replayed it just a few years ago, and thoroughly enjoyed it (even more so than when I'd first played it, I think). I'm sad now that I never grabbed the sequel :/

Ah yes, here are my comments from my last play-through:
http://ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105475

(includes details for getting a 50% better draw distance)

5. Re: Battlezone 2 Anniversary Dec 30, 2009, 01:34 Unknown Soldier

God I loved this game.  

4. Re: Battlezone 2 Anniversary Dec 29, 2009, 22:36 Prez

Agreed on Uprising. Great game. Liked the sequel as well.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: Battlezone 2 Anniversary Dec 29, 2009, 20:53 Hump

The graphics still hold up pretty well.

Also, people need to recognize the much underrated "Uprising". Its a game that needs a modern remake.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

2. Re: Battlezone 2 Anniversary Dec 29, 2009, 19:05 Shataan

BZ 2 rocked in its day!!!!!  

1. Re: Battlezone 2 Anniversary Dec 29, 2009, 18:56 DangerDog

still bitter that they screwed up the multiplayer on this game.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo