Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: On Sale Dec 30, 2009, 21:47 The PC Warrior

thatll happen when you stop pirating games so basically never.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: On Sale Dec 30, 2009, 18:08 Jerykk

like i said, ill do that when you start posting with a shred of honesty.

I would honestly appreciate it if you started using punctuation again.

29. Re: On Sale Dec 30, 2009, 12:12 The PC Warrior

Good to know you aren't trying to get the last word or anything. Hey, if you're really that bored, maybe you could practice using punctuation again. Get back into the habit, perhaps? It would make your posts more legible.

like i said, ill do that when you start posting with a shred of honesty.

28. Re: On Sale Dec 30, 2009, 05:31 Jerykk

i had that at the first reply in this thread, im just bored atm.

Good to know you aren't trying to get the last word or anything. Hey, if you're really that bored, maybe you could practice using punctuation again. Get back into the habit, perhaps? It would make your posts more legible.

It most likely has something to do with the fact that Zenimax bought the rights to Prey. In that case 2K is unable to provide any more keys to a game it no longer owns.

Ahh, that explains the delay. I wonder if Zenimax will even bother generating new keys. If they don't, that's a shame. Prey was a good game and more people should try it.

27. Re: On Sale Dec 30, 2009, 04:14 I've Got The News Blues

SBlat wrote on Dec 29, 2009, 22:55:
I wonder if it has something to do with 3D Realms closing down
It most likely has something to do with the fact that Zenimax bought the rights to Prey. In that case 2K is unable to provide any more keys to a game it no longer owns. So, this would be 2K's last royalty check from Valve for Prey sales since the stock of keys is exhausted.

This comment was edited on Dec 30, 2009, 04:18.

26. Re: On Sale Dec 30, 2009, 02:00 The PC Warrior

i had that at the first reply in this thread, im just bored atm.  

25. Re: On Sale Dec 30, 2009, 01:33 Jerykk

you're the defining source of the latter around these parts

Still squirming for the last word, eh?

24. Re: On Sale Dec 30, 2009, 00:53 The PC Warrior

^^^Irony.... or hypocrisy? Take your pick.

you're the defining source of the latter around these parts

23. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2009, 23:23 Jerykk

its funny watching you squirm for the last word.

^^^Irony.... or hypocrisy? Take your pick.

I wonder if it has something to do with 3D Realms closing down, or 2K's lawsuit against 3D Realms. Maybe 2K isn't willing to provide more keys if it will help fund 3D Realms' defense.

Yeah, there are many possible reasons why Prey was pulled from Steam. That's what I was pondering when PC Warrior went aggro. Surely it can't take that long for 2K to generate new CD-keys. Do they even still maintain the authentication server for Prey? I suspect the multiplayer community is non-existent so there must be little reason to bother with authentication.

This comment was edited on Dec 29, 2009, 23:28.

22. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2009, 22:55 SBlat

The Prey CD key thing is interesting, and sure looks like it's more complicated than just running out of keys. When Steam ran out of Stalker keys they just put up a witty message and allowed continued ordering with the caveat that you would have to wait for new keys before playing. But with Prey the store page is still showing a message that seems doubtful about whether they'll ever get keys and start selling it again, even at regular price. It can't just be that they were unable to contact the publishers for more keys before the sale ended, or that the publishers are annoyed at Steam -- they're the same publishers who had to be contacted to agree to the Bioshock sale.

I wonder if it has something to do with 3D Realms closing down, or 2K's lawsuit against 3D Realms. Maybe 2K isn't willing to provide more keys if it will help fund 3D Realms' defense .

21. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2009, 22:45 The PC Warrior

its funny watching you squirm for the last word.  

20. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2009, 19:47 Jerykk

guess how many games with cdkeys i can name? thousands

Thousands? Really? That would probably take a while. I don't know about thousands but I could certainly list quite a few games that don't have CD-keys. In any case, none of this changes the fact that not all games have CD-keys, nor does it change the fact that I last installed Prey three years ago. How was I supposed to know that Steam stopped selling Prey because they ran out of keys? It was an innocuous question yet you took the opportunity to flame me for no apparent reason. But hey, if "owning" me makes you go back to using punctuation again, feel free to continue.

19. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2009, 19:39 The PC Warrior

guess how many games with cdkeys i can name? thousands. you just lied about a lie to boot. its funny because you dont know when to stop, literally burying yourself deeper in the BS with every post. i am done owning you, go cry yourself to sleep.  

18. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2009, 18:32 Jerykk

please try to lie less in your shitty posts and then ill work on my punctuation retard.

Hah, so now I'm lying. I made a mistake and owned up to it. You still aren't improving on your punctuation, however. In any case, 3 of the 4 examples I provided are still valid so my point still stands.

17. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2009, 12:52 Krovven

Different strokes for different folks. Bitching about what's "not" on sale is pretty juvenile. Considering last year it was just sale prices and no special daily deals at all.

Grabbed Burnout Paradise yesterday, Dead Space the day before that. Zombie Driver and Battlefield 2, Clear Sky and a few others in the days before. There is still almost a week to go, not to mention they started the sale early this year.

Maybe quit being self entitled children and enjoy what is on sale instead of bitching about what isn't?

16. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2009, 12:42 Nameless Again

It's like watching a troller dredge up the muck at the bottom of a river. I'm hoping they'll still pull up a nugget or two.

Or maybe Jimmy Hoffa.

15. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2009, 12:07 nin

Tuesdays Steam sales are live, and they're getting worse by the day.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2009, 12:01 The PC Warrior

Right, right, because all shooters use CD-keys. Oh wait, no they don't. A recent example is Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. Or FEAR 2. If you want to go old school, I can include Deus Ex and System Shock 2. Troll harder please. Please try to at least use proper punctuation as well. Your writing quality has deteriorated as of late.

please try to lie less in your shitty posts and then ill work on my punctuation retard.

13. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2009, 03:29 KilrathiAce

Crysis needs to be on sale.... come on  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

12. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2009, 03:05 Jerykk

Hmm, really? Whoops. Now that I check my case, I see one. My bad. Weird, it never asked for it when I played the pirated version. Ah well, my point still stands since the other games I mentioned don't have keys. Not all games have CD-keys. This was the case before 2006, in 2006 and it's still the case today.  

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo