Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Duke Nukem's Future

3D Realms has "numerous" Duke Nukem games in the works, says Shacknews based on quotes from Gamesauce Magazine (presumably a print version, as there's not much online). "There are numerous other Duke games in various stages of development, several due out this year. We are definitely looking to bring Duke into casual gaming spaces, plus there are other major Duke games in production," says Scott Miller. "Almost all of these are unannounced." Miller also says that Duke Nukem Forever is still alive: "yes, we released the internal team, but that doesn't correlate to the demise of the project." They also pull a segment that explains how development of DNF was able to continue so long on the profits from other developers' games:

Duke Nukem 3D was made for $300,000, and we made back 25 times our investment--not to mention all of the third-party Duke console games that sold well. Plus, we made a killing with Wolfenstein 3D. And we made the biggest killing on Max Payne! We made $30 million in royalties on that game (off of a $2.5 million investment), plus another $48 million selling the IP to our publisher. Oh, and we were also part owners of Gathering of Developers when that was sold to Take2. And finally, we have been pretty lucky with other investments, both in the stock market and in other studios.

View
46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

26. Re: On Duke Nukem's Future Dec 26, 2009, 22:46 KilrathiAce

can we please stop this vaporware clogging the news until something concrete (if which i doubt) occurs?  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: On Duke Nukem's Future Dec 26, 2009, 22:34 Pankin

Did you not hear what the man said? He said he was making a prediction. He never said he was going to pirate anything.

You were saying something about mental problems?

24. Re: On Duke Nukem's Future Dec 26, 2009, 22:21 ASJD

wtf_man wrote on Dec 26, 2009, 22:12:
First of all, dipshit, I'm in my mid 40's.

Second of all... it was a "prediction"... not "a claim" that I would personally be pirating their piece of shit game. Years ago I was at the point of "I'd never buy it" - no matter how good it may turn out to be. That is my choice as a consumer.

But with the current Internet "torrent infested world"... you can bet there's going to be a ton of people that will purposely pirate their "masterpiece" because of their bullshit.

And I won't feel sorry for them, one damn bit.

That's funny, because you act like you're 13 years old. Guess you've got some mental problems. Does your mommy know you're posting on bluesnews?

You're not a consumer if you steal goods. You're a dishonest wretch who is hurting gaming for all of us.

It's a shame that society has to deal with black holes in production such as yourself. My only hope is some day reality catches up with you.

23. Re: On Duke Nukem's Future Dec 26, 2009, 22:12 wtf_man

It's just a damn shame that the gaming community has become so filled up with kids like you that think the games industry owes them something. Get over yourself. You are nothing, you apparently don't even pay for some games so you're not even a consumer.

First of all, dipshit, I'm in my mid 40's.

Second of all... it was a "prediction"... not "a claim" that I would personally be pirating their piece of shit game. Years ago I was at the point of "I'd never buy it" - no matter how good it may turn out to be. That is my choice as a consumer.

But with the current Internet "torrent infested world"... you can bet there's going to be a ton of people that will purposely pirate their "masterpiece" because of their bullshit.

And I won't feel sorry for them, one damn bit.

22. Re: On Duke Nukem's Future Dec 26, 2009, 22:00 ASJD

wtf_man wrote on Dec 26, 2009, 21:02:
When Duke Nukem (or Nukum) returns all of you bastards are going to be fucking sorry.

Sorry for what? Being jerked-off for the last 12 years?

If it ever does get released (which I doubt)... it will probably be the most pirated game ever. Mainly because almost nobody (besides a few hard-core idiots) wants to support them.

So, who is going to be fucking sorry?

#1. It was a joke.
#2. It's pathetic you think people would pirate a game just because of this nonsense that has gone on for all this time. I don't know where you live or what kind of people you know, but that seems seriously strange to me. As if you take the politics of the game industry all too seriously, and you'd steal a game no matter what just because something about the developer irked you.

It's just a damn shame that the gaming community has become so filled up with kids like you that think the games industry owes them something. Get over yourself. You are nothing, you apparently don't even pay for some games so you're not even a consumer.

21. Re: On Duke Nukem's Future Dec 26, 2009, 21:59 Kxmode

ASJD wrote on Dec 26, 2009, 20:44:
When Duke Nukem (or Nukum) returns all of you bastards are going to be fucking sorry.

Oh. You're one of those type of fans. Here, have a ice cold glass of Kool-Aid. It's refreshing.

20. Re: On Duke Nukem's Future Dec 26, 2009, 21:28 Kxmode

Boy: Wolf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure kid. I don't believe you anymore!

19. Re: On Duke Nukem's Future Dec 26, 2009, 21:02 wtf_man

Sorry for what? Being jerked-off for the last 12 years?

If it ever does get released (which I doubt)... it will probably be the most pirated game ever. Mainly because almost nobody (besides a few hard-core idiots) wants to support them.

So, who is going to be fucking sorry?

18. Re: On Duke Nukem's Future Dec 26, 2009, 21:01 Sempai

Who cares..  

17. Re: On Duke Nukem's Future Dec 26, 2009, 21:01 Kosumo

Bad analogy. Duke existed.

Good analogy I think, both are made up people and never walked the earth, only in made up books/games. Hair

16. Re: On Duke Nukem's Future Dec 26, 2009, 20:58 J

Hopefully Duke wont come back at Easter

15. Re: On Duke Nukem's Future Dec 26, 2009, 20:44 ASJD

ForgedReality wrote on Dec 26, 2009, 18:52:
Nobody who still cares about Duke Nukem ever even played the first game, so fuck this shit.

Speak for yourself. When Duke Nukem (or Nukum) returns all of you bastards are going to be fucking sorry.

14. Re: On Duke Nukem's Future Dec 26, 2009, 20:24 ForgedReality

SM0k3 wrote on Dec 26, 2009, 20:00:
Duke Nukem is deader than Jesus. They can go spread that BS somewhere else.

13. Re: On Duke Nukem's Future Dec 26, 2009, 20:00 SM0k3

Duke Nukem is deader than Jesus. They can go spread that BS somewhere else.  

12. Re: On Duke Nukem's Future Dec 26, 2009, 19:48 Acleacius

Good luck Miller and Broussard, see ya next year.

To you clowns in this thread too.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

11. Re: On Duke Nukem's Future Dec 26, 2009, 19:40 nin

Duke Nukem 3D was made for $300,000, and we made back 25 times our investment--not to mention all of the third-party Duke console games that sold well. Plus, we made a killing with Wolfenstein 3D. And we made the biggest killing on Max Payne! We made $30 million in royalties on that game (off of a $2.5 million investment), plus another $48 million selling the IP to our publisher.

And talk is very, very cheap, Scott. Your ship sailed many years ago...

This comment was edited on Dec 26, 2009, 19:40.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

10. Re: On Duke Nukem's Future Dec 26, 2009, 19:20 wtf_man

Is there a reason he is speaking out of his ass on a dead product and 10-20 year old games?

yeah... it's called trying to spread enough BS to hopefully convince the Judge in the Take-Two lawsuit that the development "never ceased".

I hope Take Two gets the IP, or these retards sell the whole shittery and settle with TT, and leave the industry.

9. Re: On Duke Nukem's Future Dec 26, 2009, 19:15 xXBatmanXx

?????

Is there a reason he is speaking out of his ass on a dead product and 10-20 year old games?

This comment was edited on Dec 26, 2009, 19:15.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

8. Re: On Duke Nukem's Future Dec 26, 2009, 18:59 ventry

Hey Scott......
PUT UP OR SHUT-UP!!!

7. Re: On Duke Nukem's Future Dec 26, 2009, 18:52 ForgedReality

Jesus. Will 3dr just die already? God damn. I'm tired of this bullshit cluttering up my gaming news pages, and I can't fucking adblock it. >:\

Nobody who still cares about Duke Nukem ever even played the first game, so fuck this shit.

46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo