Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

Steam Holiday Sale: Day Two. And here's a Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Spreadsheet.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2009, 07:20 CeeJay

Direct2Drive UK's holiday offers has Deus Ex listed with before and after prices both at 14.95£

Wow .. What an amazing saving of 0% !

I'm the developer of SweetFX
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2009, 22:27 xXBatmanXx

For console maybe......to many games to pay full price for anything right now.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

24. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2009, 19:35 Jerykk

Dragon Age is well worth $50.  

23. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2009, 19:13 xXBatmanXx

Can get the game from Amazon and other retailers through sales from 30-35. If I don't have it on Steam then I want the box.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

22. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2009, 17:16 I've Got The News Blues

It looks like EA now wants $35 for Dragon Age through January 10.

See http://eastore.ea.com/store/ea/pd/ThemeID.718200/productID.138994900

This comment was edited on Dec 26, 2009, 17:30.

21. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2009, 17:14 I've Got The News Blues

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 26, 2009, 16:20:
Was hoping for a better Dragon Age sale than that. I can wait.
It likely won't come for a long time at least not on Steam. Your best bet to get Dragon Age was using the pre-Christmas discount at the EA store which amounted to 42% of the list price if you used both discounts. Unfortunately the 40% off discount at the EA store is no longer valid although the 30% off code still works. Maybe they will run that special again soon.

This comment was edited on Dec 26, 2009, 17:18.

20. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2009, 16:20 xXBatmanXx

Was hoping for a better Dragon Age sale than that. I can wait.  

19. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2009, 15:05 Xenopulse

Totally agreed on Torchlight. I bought it for $20 when it first came out, and it's been worth every penny. $5 is an incredible steal.  

18. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2009, 14:10 KezClone

GoGamer is selling Planescape: Torment.

17. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2009, 13:38 Nameless Again

The Star Wars premier pack was listed at 9.99 for about 5 minutes before they corrected the price. Anybody snatch it up? I didn't only because I still have most of them and my original game discs.  

16. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2009, 13:19 Bucky

Tumbler wrote on Dec 26, 2009, 12:46:
New stuff up, $4.99 for torchlight...doh, already bought it at $10...

Lumines Base + Advanced pack -2.99
Dragon age origins - 37.49
Dragon Age origins deluxe - 48.74
Star Wars premier pack - 24.99
Universe at war: Earth Assault $4.99
Torchlight - $4.99
Prototype - $19.99

Meh, torchlight is a good deal...

For $5, everyone should own Torchlight.

15. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2009, 12:46 Tumbler

New stuff up, $4.99 for torchlight...doh, already bought it at $10...

Lumines Base + Advanced pack -2.99
Dragon age origins - 37.49
Dragon Age origins deluxe - 48.74
Star Wars premier pack - 24.99
Universe at war: Earth Assault $4.99
Torchlight - $4.99
Prototype - $19.99

Meh, torchlight is a good deal...

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

14. Ubisoft Store Sale 50% Off Dec 26, 2009, 00:29 I've Got The News Blues

The Ubisoft store is offering a 50% discount through the 27th on its downloadable games. Use promotion code "UbiHoliday" at checkout. In order for the code to work, you must enter the Ubisoft store through this link. The Ubisoft store is a rebadged version of Direct2Drive so the download files and the support system are the same.

This comment was edited on Dec 26, 2009, 00:30.

13. Direct2Drive Holiday Sale is on now. Dec 25, 2009, 22:59 I've Got The News Blues

Direct2Drive's holiday sale list is up now at http://www.direct2drive.com/holiday/

It looks like it's mostly a rehash of the same deals which were offered during the past 24 days only now you can buy them at that price through December 31st.

This comment was edited on Dec 25, 2009, 23:00.

12. BF2 is a great deal for $7.50 Dec 25, 2009, 21:23 I've Got The News Blues

Veinman wrote on Dec 25, 2009, 19:47:
Is BF2 worth it? I had seen comments earlier that cheating has all but ruined this game.
For only $7.50 for the game plus all of the booster packs, it is absolutely worth it. There are far too many people still playing BF2 for it to be "ruined". See http://www.gametracker.com/search/bf2/?searchipp=50&sort=players&order=desc

I made the "mistake" of buying the BF2 collection yesterday from the EA store because the 40% discount was expiring, so I paid $5 more than the current Steam price. But, I did also pickup BF2142 at the same time and got the two games for $20.90 total with the two discounts (40% & 30%) combined so I'm not too pissed about it especially since Steam doesn't have BF2142. And, with Steam getting hammered, I'll have it downloaded sooner than I would have if I got it from Steam, and I can install it on a separate drive.

This comment was edited on Dec 25, 2009, 21:38.

11. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2009, 19:47 Veinman

I'm definitely getting King's Bounty Armored Princess. I had thought it was an expansion but apparently it's stand-alone. I don't have the first one.

Is BF2 worth it? I had seen comments earlier that cheating has all but ruined this game. Pubs are all I'd play... I won't spend enough time to get in good with a group of players. I can tolerate douchebags, but I can't tolerate cheating.

10. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2009, 18:49 Tumbler

BF2 Complete for $7.50, nice.
Picked up cogs as well, $2, i can live with that. I need more simple puzzle games too. Nice to have something simple and easy to use on my laptop when I can't be at my desktop. Loving defense grid.

BF2 for that price is worth it for convience alone, installing that game off the original Dvd's is a nightmare, I'll happily pay steam to be able to load it via that system.

Red Faction Guerilla was great, loved it on the consoles, don't really want to own it on the PC though, I thought the MP side of the game was tragic, vehicles were such a major part of the single player game, just like they are in GTA and all you can do in the MP game is run around with guns. GTA4 race MP game modes were my favorite. It sucks you can't do something like that in Guerilla. Dump truck races through a shanty town would kick so much ass.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

9. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2009, 17:10 theyarecomingforyou

Picked up Red Faction: Guerrilla for $10 and Riddick: Dark Athena for $6.80. Steam must be getting hammered, I've only been getting around 60K/s all day today.
Try restarting Steam. I was on 80-150k, restarted and I got up to 2.6Mbit. I picked up King's Bounty: Armored Princess - I already had Resident Evil 5, Cogs and Battlefield 2. Not bothered by Elf Bowling or Red Faction Guerilla. I picked up Resident Evil 5 on one of the previous sales but was very unimpressed with it... definitely worth skipping in my opinion. The graphics look quite nice but the gameplay is dire.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

8. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2009, 16:50 space captain

you better have a monster PC to run Red Faction .. its a serious hog..

runs great on ps3 tho

btw - the game is awesome.. its seriously fun - especially if you like blowing shit up . the physics are the best ive ever seen, which is good as its essentially a physics based sandbox game

This comment was edited on Dec 25, 2009, 16:52.

Go forth, and kill!

7. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2009, 16:48 Prez

As expected, Steam is ssssslllllloooooooooowwwwwww today. Doesn't anyone have anything else to do on Christmas besides download games?

Oh, and RF Guerrilla is highly recommended at that price.

This comment was edited on Dec 25, 2009, 16:48.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo