Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Next Month?

The listing for Battlefield Bad Company 2 Limited Edition on GameStop includes a start date for beta testing of DICE's upcoming military shooter sequel (thanks Ant via Planet Battlefield). Here's word, though it is unconfirmed, and so should be taken with a grain of salt:

Reserve Battlefield Bad Company 2 and receive access to the PC multiplayer beta. Beta begins January 28th, 2010 and ends February 25, 2010. Available for online customers only while supplies last. Not available for in-store or in-store pickup orders.

Online Customers: A beta activation code and download instructions will be emailed beginning January 26th, 2010.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Next Month? Dec 26, 2009, 03:02 Ledge

RocketChef wrote on Dec 25, 2009, 09:35:
@Bilbo: Judging by your post I think you were in "The Shire" for too long...

ROTFLMAO.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Next Month? Dec 25, 2009, 12:47 space captain

yeh pass some of that pipe weed on over  
Go forth, and kill!

10. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Next Month? Dec 25, 2009, 09:35 RocketChef

@Bilbo: Judging by your post I think you were in "The Shire" for too long...  

9. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Next Month? Dec 25, 2009, 06:57 Bilbo

So whats the deal with this game then? I thought Bad Company was just a single player Battlefield game which to me sounds pretty silly. Whys there so much hype? Its just gonna be another consolised POS port  

8. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Next Month? Dec 25, 2009, 00:17 NicklePop

So - um, this game is going to rock, seriously, it will be straight FUN!!

Despite any complaints you may have about BF, consolized BF etc., watch vids of this game on youtube, it looks to be great modern tech fun.

Destructible environments, well modeled/sounding weapons, tanks, choppers, squad spawning - get some friends together and this will be as fun as BF2 was.

7. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Next Month? Dec 24, 2009, 21:02 Kevin Lowe

Tumbler wrote on Dec 24, 2009, 20:21:
I'm not sure if you can spot enemies in the way you could in BF2 games (manually), but I think when you shoot an enemy and hit them, that counts as spotting as well.
It's the Select button, IIRC. Not sure how it'll be handled on PC (probably the same way as previous BFs, but without the enemy type menu.

6. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Next Month? Dec 24, 2009, 20:21 Tumbler

The normal MP gameplay has bright orange triangles on opponents, even through vegetation and smoke. It's like a permi-wallhack. You have been warned. Hardcore disables the triangles but encourages spamming because damage is greatly increased. So if this game isn't moddable, it will be a noob paradise.

The orange triangles only show up when an enemy has been spotted. The sniper class has a special grenade like item that sits there detecting everyone around and to other team mates they see those orange triangles. If you see those constantly then you must have team mates throwing those grenades all the time. I'm not sure if you can spot enemies in the way you could in BF2 games (manually), but I think when you shoot an enemy and hit them, that counts as spotting as well.

The game in general is terrible at giving you situational awareness. And it spawns you in places that require you to move pretty far into the combat areas and since you can't really tell where the enemy is that ends up getting you killed...a lot.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

5. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Next Month? Dec 24, 2009, 20:00 The Half Elf

Where the hell is Battlefield 1943 for PC?  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Next Month? Dec 24, 2009, 16:46 LittleMe

The normal MP gameplay has bright orange triangles on opponents, even through vegetation and smoke. It's like a permi-wallhack. You have been warned. Hardcore disables the triangles but encourages spamming because damage is greatly increased. So if this game isn't moddable, it will be a noob paradise.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

3. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Next Month? Dec 24, 2009, 16:26 Ant

Bah for preorder. I want to try the game before buying it!  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

2. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Next Month? Dec 24, 2009, 15:43 DangerDog

So preorder, get your code and then cancel the preorder?

is there some sort of penalty for doing this?

1. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Next Month? Dec 24, 2009, 15:37 Tumbler

If you're going to pre-order for this beta I'd strongly recommend sticking with the online store. I pre-ordered the ps3 version and selected a store local for pickup. Instead of a beta code being emailed, you have to go to the store and pick up a card that has instructions. And instead of having a code set aside for me I had to call in and see if they had any left before going in to pick one up.

I'd never do this again, online seems to work fine, don't do anything with the stores.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo