Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Aliens vs. Predator Trailer

A new trailer from Aliens vs. Predator narrated by Karl Bishop Weyland (Lance Henriksen) starts as a reassuring corporate promo for the loyal and caring Weyland-Yutani Corporation, before the inevitable Aliens show up. The clip from Rebellion's first-person shooter remake features Aliens, Predators, Colonial Marines, and the mayhem that inevitably ensues when the three mix. You can view the trailer on the YouTube or below.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Dec 23, 2009, 13:48 Ant

Drayth wrote:
Well then, Ant. We nuke this site from orbit.. just to be sure.
>.>

<.<
Sounds good to me. Rebellion better do a good job or else we're nuked!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Dec 23, 2009, 13:20 Drayth

Well then, Ant. We nuke this site from orbit.. just to be sure.
>.>

<.<

22. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Dec 23, 2009, 11:50 Ant

Cutter wrote:
Everyone shut up! You're all going to play and enjoy this!

What if you're wrong?

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

21. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Dec 23, 2009, 09:37 Cutter

Everyone shut up! You're all going to play and enjoy this!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

20. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Dec 23, 2009, 04:43 InBlack

The AvP movies were good and bad at the same time. If you have looked at the Original script or the comics (which are based off said scripts) Then you get disapointed. The concept has soo much potential, that they really had to lower down the movie to a point that they were able to make a movie without the cost exploding. For some reason they put the movie on earth and that really pissed off most of the fans.

Anyways, they're good for an afternoon watch, but don't go out of your way to find them. The second one follows the first one, but honestly it's better then the first. The first threw in this horrible story to get it set on earth. The Second was more about the actual conflict and fighting that made it better. Also it did set up for a third movie that I hope dosn't get made.

Dude wtf are you smoking? I want some of that shit....

I have a nifty blue line!

19. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Dec 23, 2009, 02:22 Scottish Martial Arts

how about material from the game itself

Yeah, cause carefully produced marketing material is a great indicator.

18. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Dec 23, 2009, 00:31 space captain

So which is a better predictor: the games made over a decade ago by a team that isn't working on the new game, or recent games made by the team that IS working on the new game?

how about material from the game itself

shit looks pretty good

someone was comparing this to Rogue Warrior, saying its the same dev house. they should open their fucking eyes and compare it a little more - doesnt remotely look like the same level of production values

maybe its just all cool trailers and then the game is total shit.. but where are all the cool trailers for rogue warrior? yeh - thats right

Go forth, and kill!

17. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Dec 23, 2009, 00:18 Scottish Martial Arts

I don`t care about their track record of other games. All I know is that I (and many) loved AVP Jaguar and PC version.

I don't know how to make this any clearer: the people that made the AvP games that everyone remembers fondly DON'T WORK AT REBELLION ANYMORE. The people that ARE actually making the new AvP game have made some really bad games in recent years. Just because a company is called Rebellion doesn't mean it's the same company it was a decade and a half ago.

So which is a better predictor: the games made over a decade ago by a team that isn't working on the new game, or recent games made by the team that IS working on the new game?

To be clear I want this game to be good. I love the AvP series, at least the games -- never bothered with the movies -- but given the utter crap that Rebellion puts out these days I'm remaining sceptical until I play a demo.

16. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Dec 22, 2009, 22:30 siapnar

That was one badass trailer, I must admit.

Need a demo before I get any more excited.

I have projectile dysfunction.

15. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Dec 22, 2009, 22:27 Shataan

"You need only look at Rebellion's track record to see that they have consistently produced mediocre and bad games for years now."

I don`t care about their track record of other games. All I know is that I (and many) loved AVP Jaguar and PC version. Hardly perfect games, but both had that special something, that Monolith couldn`t reproduce.

I think it is awesome that Rebellions got the chance to do a next gen AVP. And so far by the looks/sounds etc etc etc, they are nailing it. Rebellions AVPs are so fondly remembered by the gaming community, do ya really think they wanna drop the ball with this release?

I suppose anything is possible. But I think it`d be highly unlikely. As always the proof is in the final release play, but diiiiamn, it is looking too sweet so far. My vote is for Rebellion for the win. ;p

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2009, 22:28.

14. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Dec 22, 2009, 21:43 derelict koan

the comics were epic...though I still hope to see Alien Earth War make it to cinema one day...a tv series would be the best format I guess. The AVP movies though, the first one fell into that awful trap of characters running around explaining everything to the audience in the guise of dialogue, while the second one wasn't bad...it seemed to have more to do with gruesome murder than any sort of storyline. It had a fair bit of funny though.  
www.derelictkoan.com - speculative psychosis in trilogy form

13. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Dec 22, 2009, 21:43 Scottish Martial Arts

How can anyone be worried about this title when it was Rebellion who perfected and brought it to us on PC in the first place?

Because that was over a decade ago and the bulk of the team behind the original is long gone? You need only look at Rebellion's track record to see that they have consistently produced mediocre and bad games for years now.

They simply could not do that with Rogue Warrior.

They couldn't reference the million or so modern day, military themed shooters that are out there? Okay...

12. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Dec 22, 2009, 21:09 Linksil

The AvP movies were good and bad at the same time. If you have looked at the Original script or the comics (which are based off said scripts) Then you get disapointed. The concept has soo much potential, that they really had to lower down the movie to a point that they were able to make a movie without the cost exploding. For some reason they put the movie on earth and that really pissed off most of the fans.

Anyways, they're good for an afternoon watch, but don't go out of your way to find them. The second one follows the first one, but honestly it's better then the first. The first threw in this horrible story to get it set on earth. The Second was more about the actual conflict and fighting that made it better. Also it did set up for a third movie that I hope dosn't get made.

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2009, 21:09.

Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.

11. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Dec 22, 2009, 20:07 Ant

Thanks for clearing that up! I've never seen Alien 3, or the AvP movies (have been meaning to rectify the former for years; not so fussed about the latter), so I only knew of the one character by that name :)

I haven't seen any of AvP movies. I heard they sucked. I only saw the first four Aliens movies.

10. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Dec 22, 2009, 19:58 Shadowcat

Thanks for clearing that up! I've never seen Alien 3, or the AvP movies (have been meaning to rectify the former for years; not so fussed about the latter), so I only knew of the one character by that name  

9. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Dec 22, 2009, 19:34 Ant

How can anyone be worried about this title when it was Rebellion who perfected and brought it to us on PC in the first place?

Even if it's not the same team, they can reference what they have done and look at the franchise as a whole and they seem quite passionate about this project. They simply could not do that with Rogue Warrior.

Even if they simply recycled the original AvP on a new graphics engine, I sure as hell would play it and recommend it.

Not all sequels are always good/better than the previous/originals. We do need a playable demo.

8. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Dec 22, 2009, 19:31 Wallshadows

Even if it's not the same team, they can reference what they have done and look at the franchise as a whole and they seem quite passionate about this project. They simply could not do that with Rogue Warrior.

Even if they simply recycled the original AvP on a new graphics engine, I sure as hell would play it and recommend it.

7. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Dec 22, 2009, 18:35  Blue 

Damn, I thought that sounded like Henriksen. But he's actually playing Bishop? Or is that name just a reference, and not the same character?

Karl Bishop Weyland is his new character from this game. He has actually played a different character in each movie he's appeared in, though in Aliens 3 he briefly reprised the original Bishop.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

6. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Dec 22, 2009, 18:35 Scottish Martial Arts

Damn, I thought that sounded like Henriksen. But he's actually playing Bishop? Or is that name just a reference, and not the same character?

I'm not an Aliens lore expert by any means, but my understanding is that the Bishop android was modeled after one of the bigwigs behind Weyland-Yutani. In this case, Henrickson is playing the executive and not the android.

5. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Trailer Dec 22, 2009, 18:27 Lorcin

Great directing on the trailer - but I never enjoyed really enjoyed being the Alien or Predator. I'm going to have to wait for the reviews to check the SP human campaign lasts longer then a pizza delivery at a weightwatchers meeting.  

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo