Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

ARMA II Patch

The promised version 1.05 patch for ARMA II is now available, updating Bohemia Interactive's military shooter sequel with changes, bug fixes, a new gameplay mode, and the Eagle Wing free DLC. There are full details on the patch in this announcement and thoughts on the topic from Marek Španěl in this developer's blog discussing improved AI, new anti-cheating measures, the removal of DRM, and more. Word is the patch can be applied to the Steam edition of the game, as well as any previous version of the retail edition. The patch can be found on the ARMA II website and it is mirrored on ActionTrip, AtomicGamer, FanGaming, FileFront, Gamer's Hell, The Patches Scrolls, and WorthPlaying. There is also an updated Linux standalone server on the ARMA II Website, which is mirrored on AtomicGamer and WorthPlaying.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: ARMA II Patch Dec 23, 2009, 23:20 Jerykk

The game still runs like arse after the patch.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: ARMA II Patch Dec 23, 2009, 15:58 CommunistHamster

Remember, it's a simulator. If the voice acting gets to you, you're kinda missing the point. Also, multiplayer coop is where the meat of the game lies imo. Get teamspeak and join the SPARTA domination coop server. Have fun!  

22. Re: ARMA II Patch Dec 23, 2009, 12:44 space captain

W O R D  
Go forth, and kill!

21. Re: ARMA II Patch Dec 23, 2009, 08:58 Donkey_Punch

where the fuck is slippery jim with all the haterade

I am too busy testing out Arma1's final patch that is still buggy. Over 3 years and they still can't release a stable executable. Good luck with Arma2.

20. Re: ARMA II Patch Dec 23, 2009, 08:47  Blue 

KilrathiAce wrote:
Why isnt this patch released on steam version?

From the story: "Word is the patch can be applied to the Steam edition of the game, as well as any previous version of the retail edition."

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

19. Re: ARMA II Patch Dec 23, 2009, 02:27 DangerDog

The voice over/acting is cringe worthy, as for the controls it takes a while to get used to but no where near as bad as "Desktop Commander", I was hoping that for ArmA II we would have gotten a comm rose like interface (think Battlefield 2 & Operation Flashpoint 2 quick commands).

oh well.

18. Re: ARMA II Patch Dec 23, 2009, 01:59 The Half Elf

Is this the patch that adds good voice overs? The first guy you talk to in the tutorial is black but obviously some white guy.

I decided to take another stab at this game, and dear god the control's are almost as bad as a Derek Smart game.

I want to like this game, I want to play it, but every time I try to it just bites me in the ass.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

17. Re: ARMA II Patch Dec 23, 2009, 01:23 KilrathiAce

Why isnt this patch released on steam version?  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

16. Re: ARMA II Patch Dec 22, 2009, 23:48 tuddies

with trackIR, if you raise your head, is your gun raised as well? if so, can you peek over windows and fire? that would be super-sweet!  

15. Re: ARMA II Patch Dec 22, 2009, 20:39 AdamK47

The game crashed loading a save after patching. That's OK though... I was only in Boot Camp.

One thing I noticed, and this may have happened before the patch, is some characters eyes bounce all over the place. It's very creepy.

14. Re: ARMA II Patch Dec 22, 2009, 17:05 Joss

Correct.  

13. Re: ARMA II Patch Dec 22, 2009, 16:58 Xirix

So no more -winxp in the command line.  

12. Re: ARMA II Patch Dec 22, 2009, 15:57 SirKnight

not liking Windows 7 64-bit and/or 8GB of RAM.

That's one of the fixes in this patch actually.

11. Re: ARMA II Patch Dec 22, 2009, 15:45 Wildone

Works stella with TrackIR MP is where its at, teamspeak on a good server rocks  

10. Re: ARMA II Patch Dec 22, 2009, 14:58 briktal

Is this the patch that makes the game work? Actually, I got a new computer and the textures are all screwed up but I didn't care enough to really look into it. Is that something that's easy to fix?
There is one texture glitch that can be fixed by adding a command-line parameter that's something like "-WinXPMode" (I forget the exact syntax). I have to use it on my computer, and I think it's due to the game not liking Windows 7 64-bit and/or 8GB of RAM. I can't remember which one (or both) makes the game have that glitch.

I'm surprised they haven't fixed the issue with a patch yet.

Ah, that's probably what it is.

9. Re: ARMA II Patch Dec 22, 2009, 14:57 Ecthelion

Is this the patch that makes the game work? Actually, I got a new computer and the textures are all screwed up but I didn't care enough to really look into it. Is that something that's easy to fix?
There is one texture glitch that can be fixed by adding a command-line parameter that's something like "-WinXPMode" (I forget the exact syntax). I have to use it on my computer, and I think it's due to the game not liking Windows 7 64-bit and/or 8GB of RAM. I can't remember which one (or both) makes the game have that glitch.

I'm surprised they haven't fixed the issue with a patch yet.

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2009, 14:57.

8. Re: ARMA II Patch Dec 22, 2009, 14:17 space captain

where the fuck is slippery jim with all the haterade  
Go forth, and kill!

7. Re: ARMA II Patch Dec 22, 2009, 14:17 Techie714 ©

Texture issues are most likely caused by a video card problem. Make sure your graphic card drivers are updated & ARMA takes a pretty beefy card to run it, unfortunately.  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

6. Re: ARMA II Patch Dec 22, 2009, 14:02 briktal

5. Re: ARMA II Patch Dec 22, 2009, 13:45 Techie714 ©

Great work BIS on supporting the community/game! Looking forward to purchasing your next game!!  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo