Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well the Giants gave their fans an early Christmas present last night by thumping the Redskins. At least I think they did: I'm afraid to turn on a sportscast this morning for fear I'll learn I was dreaming.

Dreamy Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Way of an Idea.
Plastic Christmas.
Droids 2.
Links: Which blue character(s) is/are the best? Oh Ant you rascal!
ElfYourself. Thanks dakslf.
Stories: Starz renews 'Spartacus' (before it airs!).
Man Sought By Police For Sniffing Butts In Supermarket. Thanks Acleacius.
Science: Another Challenge for Ethical Eating - Plants Want to Live, Too. Thanks j.c.f.
Images: Blizzard 2009 - Snowball fight Times Square. Thanks dakslf.
Media: Alyssa Milano's Evolution: Jersey Shore.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2009, 10:08 shul

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2009, 00:26 RenownWolf

Heh, glad we don't have those issues here. The Australian Governemnt already banned snow as it was considered too violent for younger audiences especially considering the snowball weapons and sexual acts.

Ahh Australia, todays paradise, tomorrows future.

http://www.renownwolf.com

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2009, 19:06 space captain

what?? a power-mad pig you say??

SHOCKING

Go forth, and kill!

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2009, 15:41 nin

He was sent there because there was a report of someone in the crowd with a gun, so he had his out to protect himself. The guy with the gun turned out to be a plain clothes police officer, no harm was done, and then the internet gets hold of it and changes the story so that the guy was raging with his gun out at people throwing snowballs...

The way I heard it was the plainclothes pulled the gun because he got hit with a snowball. Phone calls were made, and thats when the uniformed showed up to check it out.

People weren't upset at the uniformed. They were upset with Mr Plainclothes pulling his gun after getting hit with a snowball, when he was driving past a snowball fight.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/12/20/snowball.fight.police.gun/index.html

edit: Nice video complicity!

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2009, 15:42.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2009, 15:40 complicity

He was sent there because there was a report of someone in the crowd with a gun
I'm not talking about the police called to respond, they were doing their jobs properly.

The guy with the gun turned out to be a plain clothes police officer, no harm was done
So it's ok for a plainclothes, off-duty cop to jump out of his personal vehicle and start threatening people with arrest for throwing snowballs? You call that "no harm done"?

And yes, the detective WAS raging with his gun out at people throwing snowballs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFC8mNdxV0c

A message of hope to those who choose to hear it,
and a warning to those who do not.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2009, 15:31 PropheT

A flash snowball fight happened in DC too, except in that case a plainclothes detective thought it would be a good idea to pull a gun and start threatening people with arrest because his personal vehicle got hit. Idiot.

He was sent there because there was a report of someone in the crowd with a gun, so he had his out to protect himself. The guy with the gun turned out to be a plain clothes police officer, no harm was done, and then the internet gets hold of it and changes the story so that the guy was raging with his gun out at people throwing snowballs...

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2009, 14:20 Kxmode

Blizzard 2009 - Snowball fight Times Square

Looks like a blast!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2009, 13:28 Cutter

A flash snowball fight happened in DC too, except in that case a plainclothes detective thought it would be a good idea to pull a gun and start threatening people with arrest because his personal vehicle got hit. Idiot.

Yeah< I saw that too. That idiot should be fired. Kids having a snoball fight and he comes out theatening people with a gun? some people just don't get it. I remember once when we having an impromptu snowball fight downtown under the same circumstances and someone hit a car, 2 guys and girls got out and started freaking out on everyone. We tried to calm them down and buddy started getting violent so I laid him out right there. Needless to say it ended the snowball fight, which sucked because it was all good fun up untill that point. Still, coming out brandish a gun is irresponsible and nuckign futs! That guy doesn't seem to be responsible enough to be a cop.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2009, 13:04 BubbleMage

Those are excellent photos of people in Times Square throwing balls of global warming at each other.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2009, 12:44 complicity

My thoughts exactly. The B&W helps one think of simpler times and brings a smile to my face.....such a great and amazing activity in difficult times

A message of hope to those who choose to hear it,
and a warning to those who do not.

7. Sorry, Vegans: Brussels Sprouts Like to Live, Too Dec 22, 2009, 12:41 space captain

ive been saying this for 15 years, problem is that vegans are fucking clueless twits.

i think Tool summed it up best:
And the angel of the lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still - until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possesed me then.

And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?"

And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots! You see, Reverend Maynard, tomorrow is harvest day... and to them it is THE HOLOCAUST."

And I sprang from my slumber drenched in sweat like the tears of one million terrified brothers and roared, "Hear me now, I have seen the light! They have a consciousness, they have a life, they have a soul! Damn you! Let the rabbits wear glasses! Save our brothers!"

Can I get an amen?
Can I get a hallelujah?
Thank you Jesus.

This. Is. Necessary. Life... Feeds on life. Feeds on life. Feeds on life. Feeds on life. Feeds on life. Feeds on life. Feeds on life...

Go forth, and kill!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2009, 12:09 Bronco

RIP Kim Peek.

Ugh. What a bummer.

-TPFKAS2S

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2009, 11:46 Dan =0)

RIP Kim Peek.

Dan

Shameless self-plug(s): http://drdk.bandcamp.com
http://www.myspace.com/dankupkamusic
http://drdkmusic.net76.net

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2009, 11:19 xXBatmanXx

Blizzard 2009 - Snowball fight Times Square.

Very cool.

My thoughts exactly. The B&W helps one think of simpler times and brings a smile to my face.....such a great and amazing activity in difficult times.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2009, 11:03 Mindstorm

I hear you blue. I was at the Thanksgiving Day massacre in Denver and couldn't believe I was watching the Giants. Then they play like they did last night (yeah, it was the redskins). The g-men are just too inconsistent for me to get my hopes up for another great playoff run, but maybe they will surprise us all.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2009, 10:42 nin

Blizzard 2009 - Snowball fight Times Square.

Very cool.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2009, 10:12 InBlack

What is Chuck Norris's gmail adress?

Secret text below:
gmail@chucknorris.com

I have a nifty blue line!

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer