Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EGM Returns in March 2010

EGM Media announces it has entered into an agreement with Time/Warner Retail Sales & Marketing to handle newsstand marketing and sales for Electronic Gaming Monthly, the gaming magazine that will return to bookstores, newsstands, and other retailers in March 2010. The new print version of EGM will include a code in each newsstand copy to allow access to a new weekly interactive version of the magazine. Word is: "The premier issue of the re-launch will also boast game previews, a new Review Crew featuring the return of Sushi-X, and commentary from a host of columnists including EGM personalities such as Quartermann, Dan “Shoe” Hsu, Sean “Seanbaby” Reiley, and many others." More details are in this press release. Thanks Big Download.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: EGM Returns in March 2010 Dec 24, 2009, 06:48 Jerykk

I don't see this working out. Gaming magazines have suffered greatly since the rise of the internet. They rely entirely on exclusive previews these days (which inevitably get scanned and put on the net). I used to read EGM back when I played console games in the 90's and it was decent, if unremarkable. The only magazine I'd buy these days would be something like PCXL, where the writing and humor are the primary appeal.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: EGM Returns in March 2010 Dec 22, 2009, 16:31 FLY

"the return of Sushi-X"

Ahahah awesome news! Been a fan of EGM since the early days. It's a great gaming mag. Kinda slacked a bit over the past years mainly due to the internet. EGM still has most of it's roots with the names mentioned above. I remember when EGM's holiday issues were well over 200 pages. Wow, how times have changed.
When the power goes out, internet pricing goes up, modem's fail, books and magazines will be all that's left. Bring back the mags!

3. Re: EGM Returns in March 2010 Dec 22, 2009, 03:14 space captain

looks like they are trying to revive a bit of the PCXL vibe

interesting

Go forth, and kill!

2. Re: EGM Returns in March 2010 Dec 22, 2009, 01:53 The Half Elf

There use to be good magazines like the old PC Gamer xmas editions that were 300+ pages, and now they are roughly 70 to 100 pages with 40 pages of ad's and 2 or 3 reviews put on a single page. Your front cover story gets 3 pages, with the 1st page being a piece of art work and maybe 10 words stuck in a corner.

The ONLY reason people even get these magazines anymore is due to some sort of exclusive, that is typically on the internet within a day.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: EGM Returns in March 2010 Dec 22, 2009, 00:37 StingingVelvet

It was a console-only magazine before and I assume it will be again.  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo