Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Drakensang: The River of Time German Demo

A German demo for Drakensang: The River of Time is now available, offering German speakers (or the adventurous) a sample of Radon Labs' prequel for their RPG, Drakensang: The Dark Eye. The download is available from eXp Download, Gamer's Hell, and WorthPlaying.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Drakensang: The River of Time German Demo Dec 22, 2009, 10:09 JoeNapalm

Shame that people gave up before the end of the first 5 hours when the game finally broke open and became fun.

You mean it's a shame it takes five hours for the game to get fun?

I game this game a fair shake, but I'm guessing I didn't get to when it "finally became fun." I doubt I'll be going back, anytime soon...

Note to game designers - if you only have enough fun for part of the game, make it the FIRST part.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Drakensang: The River of Time German Demo Dec 22, 2009, 02:50 Jerykk

The camera in Drakensang irritated me so much that I couldn't stand playing the game. It lagged behind your character and generally required too much babysitting.  

7. Re: Drakensang: The River of Time German Demo Dec 21, 2009, 18:33 Bill Borre

Yeah, I think that's the problem I'm having with this game. My characters feel gimped after playing for a few hours. I guess I need to figure out how the system works and start over because I'm used to D&D.  

6. Re: Drakensang: The River of Time German Demo Dec 21, 2009, 17:27 space captain

didnt like how linear it was and also the lack of day/night cycle.. other than that it was pretty good  
Go forth, and kill!

5. Re: Drakensang: The River of Time German Demo Dec 21, 2009, 14:45 dryden555

actually I really enjoyed this game once I figured out the odd skills and traits. The quests are standard fare and the maps are a bit useless for navigation, but there was a lot to like about the game too  

4. Re: Drakensang: The River of Time German Demo Dec 21, 2009, 13:27 Cutter

Yeah I played this for a while before I just let it fall by the wayside. Wasn't bad, wasn't great, maybe I'll take a stab at it again one day.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

3. Re: Drakensang: The River of Time German Demo Dec 21, 2009, 13:26 Icewind

I bought the original from Direct2Drive when they were selling it for $5, but haven't tried it yet.

That's a damn good deal for a 45 hour RPG.

One of the big hurdles that people didn't want to overcome with Drakensang was its really oddball character creation and skill system. Those used to D&D have to unlearn everything and will probably re-roll a new character and restart the game halfway through like I did.

Once you learn the system though, it works well.

2. Re: Drakensang: The River of Time German Demo Dec 21, 2009, 13:20 Elf Shot The Food

I bought the original from Direct2Drive when they were selling it for $5, but haven't tried it yet.

My digital "To play" pile is almost as big as my physical "To play" pile.

1. Re: Drakensang: The River of Time German Demo Dec 21, 2009, 13:13 Icewind

Wow, two Euro CRPG demos in one day. After I get Divinity 2 installed I'll have to check this out. Loved the first Drakensang. Shame that people gave up before the end of the first 5 hours when the game finally broke open and became fun.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo