Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Drakensang: The River of Time German Demo

A German demo for Drakensang: The River of Time is now available, offering German speakers (or the adventurous) a sample of Radon Labs' prequel for their RPG, Drakensang: The Dark Eye. The download is available from eXp Download, Gamer's Hell, and WorthPlaying.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Drakensang: The River of Time German Demo Dec 22, 2009, 10:09 JoeNapalm

Shame that people gave up before the end of the first 5 hours when the game finally broke open and became fun.

You mean it's a shame it takes five hours for the game to get fun?

I game this game a fair shake, but I'm guessing I didn't get to when it "finally became fun." I doubt I'll be going back, anytime soon...

Note to game designers - if you only have enough fun for part of the game, make it the FIRST part.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Drakensang: The River of Time German Demo Dec 22, 2009, 02:50 Jerykk

The camera in Drakensang irritated me so much that I couldn't stand playing the game. It lagged behind your character and generally required too much babysitting.  

7. Re: Drakensang: The River of Time German Demo Dec 21, 2009, 18:33 Bill Borre

Yeah, I think that's the problem I'm having with this game. My characters feel gimped after playing for a few hours. I guess I need to figure out how the system works and start over because I'm used to D&D.  

6. Re: Drakensang: The River of Time German Demo Dec 21, 2009, 17:27 space captain

didnt like how linear it was and also the lack of day/night cycle.. other than that it was pretty good  
Go forth, and kill!

5. Re: Drakensang: The River of Time German Demo Dec 21, 2009, 14:45 dryden555

actually I really enjoyed this game once I figured out the odd skills and traits. The quests are standard fare and the maps are a bit useless for navigation, but there was a lot to like about the game too  

4. Re: Drakensang: The River of Time German Demo Dec 21, 2009, 13:27 Cutter

Yeah I played this for a while before I just let it fall by the wayside. Wasn't bad, wasn't great, maybe I'll take a stab at it again one day.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: Drakensang: The River of Time German Demo Dec 21, 2009, 13:26 Icewind

I bought the original from Direct2Drive when they were selling it for $5, but haven't tried it yet.

That's a damn good deal for a 45 hour RPG.

One of the big hurdles that people didn't want to overcome with Drakensang was its really oddball character creation and skill system. Those used to D&D have to unlearn everything and will probably re-roll a new character and restart the game halfway through like I did.

Once you learn the system though, it works well.

2. Re: Drakensang: The River of Time German Demo Dec 21, 2009, 13:20 Elf Shot The Food

I bought the original from Direct2Drive when they were selling it for $5, but haven't tried it yet.

My digital "To play" pile is almost as big as my physical "To play" pile.

1. Re: Drakensang: The River of Time German Demo Dec 21, 2009, 13:13 Icewind

Wow, two Euro CRPG demos in one day. After I get Divinity 2 installed I'll have to check this out. Loved the first Drakensang. Shame that people gave up before the end of the first 5 hours when the game finally broke open and became fun.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo