Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

More Aion Bans

The Aion Website has word that over 28,000 players have been banned over the past couple of weeks in NCsoft's MMORPG. They describe the various shenanigans that have cause the bans, and outline the process for appealing your case if you feel you have been booted from the game unfairly. Thanks Voodoo Extreme.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: More Aion Bans Dec 18, 2009, 20:09 LazyCat

Played in beta and for a lil after release,Spam bots were horrible in this game and ncsoft was actually not doing anything about them.
They had a year before us release to implement some anti spam features and did nothing.
One could log in on a brand new toon, and within 10 seconds be getting spam messages.
So if its taken this long for them to get around to doing something, it dose not bode well for the rest of the game and their products.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: More Aion Bans Dec 18, 2009, 19:07 Fausticle

I couldn't get into this one. I like having diversity in the look of your character, but having a green midget with giant arms, huge head and a pink afro running around just takes me out of the world.  

5. Re: More Aion Bans Dec 18, 2009, 18:23 Grimwahr

I've been playing since beta. No gold sellers in the public areas and far fewer bots grinding. They've done a good job of late.  

4. Re: More Aion Bans Dec 18, 2009, 14:52 Ruffiana

At this rate they won't have any subscribers left.

Last numbers I heard put them at over 500k in North America/Europe alone. I don't know what their subscriber base is in the east, but I know it's higher.

All in all, it's one of the more successful MMOs on the market right now.

3. Process for Appeal : Dec 18, 2009, 13:21 Creston

1) Buy a new account.
2) From this new account, log a complain that your old account was banned unfairly.
3) Watch your new account get banned.
4) Goto 1.

} void.

Creston

This comment was edited on Dec 18, 2009, 13:21.

2. Re: More Aion Bans Dec 18, 2009, 11:47 Kxmode

Nice zing NKD  

1. Re: More Aion Bans Dec 18, 2009, 11:37 NKD

At this rate they won't have any subscribers left.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo