Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Safety Dance

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Safety Dance Dec 19, 2009, 14:16 Wowbagger_TIP

EDIT: It just occurred to me that the insurgents are also pirates, as this is surely copyrighted material they are downloading.

Yeah, why don't we get that money they allocated for helping the MPAA redirected to something appropriate like ensuring our weapons don't get hacked! Maybe send some MediaSentry people over there to find bin Laden.

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 2009, 14:17.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Safety Dance Dec 19, 2009, 10:30 Narf2029

Just 60,000? That's some weak bullshit. You can bet your ass if/when one drone gets hijacked and attacks a US installation or convoy one day, the military will have them all updated in a week just to try to cover it up.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

6. Re: Safety Dance Dec 18, 2009, 23:42 xXBatmanXx

Wow... we care more about the well-being of our media corporations than our very own military. I think that shows which institution is now more powerful.

I was reading up on this the last few days, and I love the attitude they take. Pretty much saying "meh, we don't have the ability, nor the man power to update all 60,000 drones across the country - they are just too spread out"

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

5. Re: Safety Dance Dec 18, 2009, 16:59 Ruffiana

It would be awesome if they were finally brought down by copyright lawyers.  

4. Re: Safety Dance Dec 18, 2009, 16:07 Prez

It's pretty sad when the US Military gets "out-tech'ed" by guerilla fighters living in caves.

Not surprising that the underlying cause is based in bureaucracy. The updated unmanned surveillance program was nixed by Washington.

EDIT: It just occurred to me that the insurgents are also pirates, as this is surely copyrighted material they are downloading.

This comment was edited on Dec 18, 2009, 16:09.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: Safety Dance Dec 18, 2009, 15:36 Yosemite Sam

Dunno why they keep calling it 'hacking' nothing more then intercepting unencrypted video feeds, now if they get the feed after the military encrypts it then you can call it hacking... dumbasses. They probably still think Al Gore invented the internet too, this isnt the age of information, its the age of misinformation. LOL @ US military, this is something I would expect from a computer illiterate, you know the people who leave their Wifi open to the world, idiots.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

2. No subject Dec 18, 2009, 15:22 dubfanatic

Wow... we care more about the well-being of our media corporations than our very own military. I think that shows which institution is now more powerful.

1. Re: Safety Dance Dec 18, 2009, 15:22 Ruffiana

U.S. was Warned of Predator Drone Hacking

Not to downplay this too much, but I can't help but believe that someone in the US government is adamantly forewarned about pretty much every conceivable thing imaginable. They were probably warned that the predator drones would develop artificial intelligence, succeed from the US military, declare war, and start bombing day-cares in Akron, Ohio.

Nothing bad ever happens without someone stepping forward saying, "I warned about this happening years ago!" It's not precognition, it's monkeys hammering out Shakespeare.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo