Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Free TF2 Weekend Starts Thursday

The latest Team Fortress 2 Update gives us more news from the frontlines of the Soldiers versus Demomen conflict over ownership of a mystery weapon from the upcoming TF2 update. Word is: "In fact, judging from our most recent numbers (4923531 Soldiers killed to 5056134 Demomen killed), the Demo actually seems to be closing the gap as the War hurtles to a close." They also announce that a free Team Fortress 2 weekend will kick off on Thursday immediately after the update goes live, and that preloads are underway for that right now. They also offer a new newspaper dealie leading to word on the "Direct Hit" from the Soldier Update, a continuation of the comic strip, the Steam TF2 Page, and The Valve Store.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Free TF2 Weekend Starts Thursday Dec 17, 2009, 04:35 Jerykk

Stop hating on newbies, you were a newbie once. Put yourself in their shoes, would you want elitists telling you not to play?

Playing with newbs simply isn't fun. Being nice is all well and good but people don't play competitive multiplayer shooters to be nice.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Free TF2 Weekend Starts Thursday Dec 16, 2009, 22:54 ForgedReality

http://www.teamfortress.com/images/posts/poster_1st.jpg

This is fucking AMAZING. Wow.

11. Re: Free TF2 Weekend Starts Thursday Dec 16, 2009, 22:24 mag

Hey, I have no problem with new people. I don't mind the free weekends at all. I'm always nice on voice-chat to the new folks. I understand that the new pyros will not necessarily put me out and that the medics will not heal me and that there will be a lot of ridiculous 'how i mine for fish?' questions.

I like the fresh meat!

Besides, since the free weekends always coincide with class-updates, even without the newbs the game will be nearly unwinnable thanks to the 8 demos & 8 soldiers vs. 8 demos & 8 soldiers we'll be seeing.

10. Re: Free TF2 Weekend Starts Thursday Dec 16, 2009, 17:48 human

Be nice to newbs. At least give them a hint on voice chat if they're doing something wrong. Being elitist doesn't help us maintain our playerbase-- being helpful does.  

9. Re: Free TF2 Weekend Starts Thursday Dec 16, 2009, 15:09 Overon

You elitist bastards. Newbies have the same rights as you do. If you don't like it, then there is a solution for you, find a private sever with a password.

Stop hating on newbies, you were a newbie once. Put yourself in their shoes, would you want elitists telling you not to play? I wouldn't so why would I do it to someone else?

8. Re: Free TF2 Weekend Starts Thursday Dec 16, 2009, 09:22 ViRGE

So where do I go to learn how to be ultra leet ninja death machines like yourselves without playing on any public servers? After all, I wouldn't want to inconvenience you or anything.
Buy the game and join a server. It's not that we're against teaching newbies, it's that we can't handle all of them when a free weekend means they're half the people playing the game.

7. Re: Free TF2 Weekend Starts Thursday Dec 16, 2009, 08:12 Mead

2) Boo, free TF2 weekend. The damn newbies always fill up the good pubs and ruin the game for a weekend.

One way to look at it is that you can kiss teamplay, tactics, and actually winning goodbye for a weekend. Another way to look at it is that you can pad your kill/death ratio and get your taunt-kill achievements out of the way quickly. ;)

So where do I go to learn how to be ultra leet ninja death machines like yourselves without playing on any public servers? After all, I wouldn't want to inconvenience you or anything.

6. Re: Free TF2 Weekend Starts Thursday Dec 16, 2009, 03:04 Elricsi

I do need some of the taunt kill achievements.

Someone post here if they get the sword, I wonder how that will go.

5. Re: Free TF2 Weekend Starts Thursday Dec 16, 2009, 02:32 mag

2) Boo, free TF2 weekend. The damn newbies always fill up the good pubs and ruin the game for a weekend.

One way to look at it is that you can kiss teamplay, tactics, and actually winning goodbye for a weekend. Another way to look at it is that you can pad your kill/death ratio and get your taunt-kill achievements out of the way quickly.

4. Re: Free TF2 Weekend Starts Thursday Dec 16, 2009, 00:25 ViRGE

2 thoughts:

1) Yay, Spinfusor! Now I just need mines...

3. Re: Free TF2 Weekend Starts Thursday Dec 15, 2009, 23:52 theyarecomingforyou

Looks like a good excuse for me to start playing again.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

2. Re: Free TF2 Weekend Starts Thursday Dec 15, 2009, 23:34 PHJF

do want  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

1. Re: Free TF2 Weekend Starts Thursday Dec 15, 2009, 23:15 Sepharo

Ooh baby that direct hit is going to be OP in my hands.  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo