Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

ARMA 2 Free DLC Plans

Bohemia Interactive announces plans to release a new version 1.05 patch for ARMA 2 later this month; an update that will include Eagle Wing, free DLC for the military shooter sequel. A batch of four new screenshots accompany the announcement, as well as a gameplay video, which we've posted to the YouTube. Here's a portion of the announcement:

Amongst other things the 1.05 patch features a new warfare mode "When Diplomacy Fails", including 3-side support for diplomacy between all factions allowing players to enjoy the strategic part of the game in a size never seen before. Warfare mode is a unique gaming experience first introduced in ARMA: Armed Assault. The mode combines tactical FPS gameplay with strategic elements which allow players to either join the fight in the front lines attacking the enemy directly, or to crush them in a commander position giving orders to other players whilst managing resources and the main base. Moreover each player is allowed to lead his own squad. Up to 32 players are supported, this multiplayer mode is a true war experience.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: ARMA 2 Free DLC Plans Dec 12, 2009, 04:26 Donkey_Punch

Good thing the dev supports the game.

Yes but most companies don't get praised for releasing a beta test and then slowly patching it over 3 years to get it finally to release quality.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: ARMA 2 Free DLC Plans Dec 11, 2009, 20:33 ASJD

I really hope they don't even consider making a ArmA3 before they finish ArmA2. I got the game on discount from Steam a few weeks ago and I can't help but feel a bit ripped off. The game is a total mess in a lot of ways.  

13. Re: ARMA 2 Free DLC Plans Dec 11, 2009, 20:18 theyarecomingforyou

I've tried to give it a chance on so many occasions but it really isn't a very good game at all. There are huge flaws with the AI, movement, animations, AI, gameplay mechanics, voice acting, missions, design, performance, etc. The game is so broken I couldn't even complete the first part of the first mission. Shocking. I love what they tried to do but the game is fundamentally broken. I *NEVER* had these sort of problems with the STALKER games, even though they were widely regarded as incredibly buggy.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

12. Re: ARMA 2 Free DLC Plans Dec 11, 2009, 15:02 tuddies

ArmA2 - one of my all-time favorite games. There is nothing like working for weeks at Domination! The AI is great - they take cover, flank, suppress fire, everything. And that is without the AI mods that really freak you out.

The camera movement and scope of the environment is so immersive.

11. Re: ARMA 2 Free DLC Plans Dec 11, 2009, 15:01 fatguy

woooooooooooT!  

10. Re: ARMA 2 Free DLC Plans Dec 11, 2009, 14:16 KilrathiAce

hell yes  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

9. Re: ARMA 2 Free DLC Plans Dec 11, 2009, 12:49 SirKnight

I hope you're talking about OFP:DR and not the original OFP.

I was about to say the same thing. OFP:DR I can understand. The graphics did suck and the game feels really bland and half assed. There are some good moments though, but few and far between.

The original OFP was great and I still play it.

I went and played a little Arma 2 recently and realized why I have been avoiding it. I only play single player BTW. The AI sucks so damn bad it's a joke. The graphics performance is laughable and the lack of physics makes for some bizarre situations. The controls have improved a lot but still are way too sluggish. It feels like your character is handicapped or something. The driving physics is so crappy I just shake my head. It's almost impossible to drive anything if you expect the vehicle handling to be..you know, realistic and what you'd expect from a vehicle.

I really wish this game engine was open source so I could fix these annoying ass issues myself.

8. Re: ARMA 2 Free DLC Plans Dec 11, 2009, 12:19 Jerykk

I got to mission 3 of OFP and gave up it was so lame, dying time after time after time from the same 'bad' checkpoint save gets old real fast.

I hope you're talking about OFP:DR and not the original OFP.

7. Re: ARMA 2 Free DLC Plans Dec 11, 2009, 11:41 LittleMe

I don't know what the problem is but performance for me in this game is worse than bad. 30-40 fps @ 1920x1200. Both CPU cores are pegged at 100% with an intel E8400 :(. Myabe I'll OC it back to 4ghz to see if that helps. Still, I can't play this game until I get a bleeding edge CPU which is unfortunate (or maybe fortunate).  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

6. Re: ARMA 2 Free DLC Plans Dec 11, 2009, 11:29 Dmitri_M

With enough patches this game might become half-decent...
Good thing the dev supports the game.
http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

5. Re: ARMA 2 Free DLC Plans Dec 11, 2009, 11:04 Wildone

I got to mission 3 of OFP and gave up it was so lame, dying time after time after time from the same 'bad' checkpoint save gets old real fast.
No TrackIr support (wtf) No vehicles except when they give them to you, weak ass graphics, low quality textures..I could go on.
Arma2 has had its problems, the last patch made it 100% stable and online multiplayer is the bizz when your on teamspeak, trackIR and doing missions its absolutely incredible.
I aint dogging OFP I wanted it to be good too thats why I bought it, but it was a complete waste of $$..

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2009, 11:12.

4. Re: ARMA 2 Free DLC Plans Dec 11, 2009, 10:57 bfg9000

Damn I forgot about this game, had some awesome (and looooong) games in the aussie servers. I think I'll jump in after the patch.  

3. Re: ARMA 2 Free DLC Plans Dec 11, 2009, 10:50 Techie714

YES! Bohemia is such an awesome developer they really know how to support a game. I agree the game had a few bad bugs upon release & they take awhile to get the patches out but the game play & graphics are top notch & solid. And what other developer is building military FPS with such realisim these days, besides Bohemia & Americas Army?

It's great to see the top dog releasing some free content for the fans, this game is light years ahead of OFP:DR I never bothered finishing OFP:DR because of how constricted the game was with it's missions. But the sound effects & graphics in OFP:DR were simply stunning.

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2009, 10:52.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

2. Re: ARMA 2 Free DLC Plans Dec 11, 2009, 10:37 SM0k3

I need a DLV -- Down loadable voucher to get my god damn money back for this weak ass game. Think I've played it twice. OFP is a million times better

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2009, 10:39.

1. Re: ARMA 2 Free DLC Plans Dec 11, 2009, 10:34 InBlack

With enough patches this game might become half-decent...  

I have a nifty blue line!

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo