Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
3. Re: Video game voice actors worry Dec 7, 2009, 14:08 DG

The only reason big actors (voice, screen, presenters, whatever) get big money is their name draws in the crowds and that individual is critical to success.

Voice actors for games don't get paid very well because there are lots of them who are amply capable. People who can't get better paid work get to pay the rent. Unions pretend they are protecting the little guy but really what they do is protect their middle guy by shafting the little guy and the customer - raise minimum fees and what happens is those cheap guys now cost the same as the middle guys.

If game companies aren't offering enough money, don't do the work.

edit: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1043186/

"Despite his extensive credits, Wittenberg earns roughly $30,000 a year from his video game work and, like most of his peers, supplements that income by doing voice work for animated TV shows."
- uh, according to IMDB he did 11 bit parts ("Guard", "Male Pedestrian #1" etc) of "VG" in 2008, mostly games I haven't even heard of. I can't be arsed counting, but it looks to me like he did more TV than VG.

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2009, 14:23.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Dec 7, 12:22 Video game voice actors worry Narf2029
  2. Dec 7, 13:17  Re: Video game voice actors worry Killswitch
>> 3. Dec 7, 14:08   Re: Video game voice actors worry DG
  5. Dec 7, 14:32    Re: Video game voice actors worry PHJF
  6. Dec 7, 16:25     Re: Video game voice actors worry Wowbagger_TIP
  7. Dec 7, 19:01      Re: Video game voice actors worry Narf2029
  8. Dec 7, 20:04    Re: Video game voice actors worry Killswitch
  4. Dec 7, 14:21  Re: Video game voice actors worry ldonyo

footer

.. .. ..