Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

MrsBlue and I just finished watching the Firefly boxed set last night, and loved every moment of the series. She has already bugged me this morning about when we are going to watch Serenity to cap the experience, so way too late to join in with the protests of the show's cancellation, Firefly can boast a couple more lifelong fans. Maybe that's for the best for us, as we probably would not have tipped the scales in favor of saving the show, and this way we avoided some of the real-time anguish the show's death caused (we still haven't recovered from Deadwood and Arrested Development).

Serene Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Dale and Peakot. Thanks Jay is Games.
BubbaTime.
Scratch the Bounty.
Link: Prolific People by the Numbers -- 5 Extreme Overachievers. Thanks Neatorama.
Stories: 'Heroes' Will Most Likely Get a 5th Season. Thanks Digg.
Giving tourists a look at gang culture. Thanks Neatorama.
Science: Chapman U to Reduce Stress of Finals With Puppy Therapy. Thanks Digg.
Amino Acid Recipe Could Be Right For Long Life. Thanks Slashdot.
Media: Nein!
Colbert Being a Genius.
Jay Leno avoids Comcast elephant, Conan dives in.
Follow-ups: MIT grabs DARPA's Great Red Balloon Hunt prize.
Sleeping Gag (registration required). Thanks j.c.f.
Chink Found In Armor Of Perfect Cloak. Thanks Slashdot.
The Funnies: Dilbert.
UserFriendly.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2009, 08:13 InBlack

I cant wait for the pilot of Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire...unfortunately I think it will air next Christmass....  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2009, 19:59 Veterator

Im tired of Heroes using the time travel crutch as a plot. Every season will be moving along, and then boom......time travel. And we get to watch things again........and again.....and again.

They need to get past the time travel do-over button. And another of their favorite story devices is the "Im a mutant, I just don't fit in!" They need to bring back the kid who can talk to the computers, at least he was interesting and less angst ridden than the rest of the characters.

11. Re: Heroes to get 5th season Dec 6, 2009, 19:19 Creston

Wonderful, I'm still enjoying this series.

But uh.. can we kill Sylar already? I mean jesus christ I'm getting sick of him. Nothing like a generic, blandly acted, 'I've got every power there is' badguy that hogs 3/4 of every show 4 years running. Kill the character already.

I mean the circus freak leader who controls the ground is already 100x more interesting, better acted and more ambiguous, and all around a better villain-type character.

Amen, but if they canned Sylar, all the 14 year old girls who think he's dreamy would stop watching, and that'd just end the show completely. This season has been fairly decent, but they just killed themselves with the anal cockroach abortion that was the second half of season 3.

Samuel is indeed an awesome villain, though I don't get why Hiro doesn't just fucking stick HIM somewhere in time, like 65,000 BC. See how he fucking likes it? Instead the Japanese douchetard just mopes and pouts. Fucking dipshit.

Creston

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2009, 18:52 jdreyer

Firefly is probably the best Sci Fi show to be canceled in its first season. Loved the characters, loved the world, loved the dialog and relationships. Truly a unique show with limitless possibilities, throttled in its infancy.

Such a shame.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2009, 17:56 UttiniDaKilrJawa

Chink Found In Armor Of Perfect Cloak.

Man...I sure hope they're not talking about the researchers...that would just be so wrong

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2009, 16:43 xXBatmanXx

Add Dead Like Me to that list.

MIT grabs DARPA's Great Red Balloon Hunt prize.

Seems fishy....insider info?

This comment was edited on Dec 6, 2009, 16:45.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2009, 15:23 Decoy

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was late to the party with Firefly. Just wrapped it up (for the first time) last week. Great show.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2009, 15:10 Prez

Firefly was brilliant. Absolutely LOVED it. That it got cancelled is an absolute travesty.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2009, 14:38 jayeffaar

Blue, Serenity is essentially a high-budget series finale for Firefly, so you really shouldn't miss it. Glad you enjoyed the series.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2009, 14:18 mch

Bitter about Carnivale here Pout

edit: it was for John From Cinncinnati if I remember correctly. Finished a season but had no chance of continuing, really.

This comment was edited on Dec 6, 2009, 14:19.

PSN: CaseDesignate

3. Re: Heroes to get 5th season Dec 6, 2009, 14:14 Bucky

I'm still bitter about Deadwood getting canned. And it was to work on a new project that, if I remember right, didn't even make it a full season.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2009, 14:13 GinRummy

Congratulations on joining the ranks of the Browncoats, fans of the show and movie who have an open wound in our lives where Firefly was abruptly cut off. I hope you enjoy the movie also, as it nicely wraps up the series and is very well done.

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2009, 13:36.

1. Heroes to get 5th season Dec 6, 2009, 14:11 Fion

Wonderful, I'm still enjoying this series.

But uh.. can we kill Sylar already? I mean jesus christ I'm getting sick of him. Nothing like a generic, blandly acted, 'I've got every power there is' badguy that hogs 3/4 of every show 4 years running. Kill the character already.

I mean the circus freak leader who controls the ground is already 100x more interesting, better acted and more ambiguous, and all around a better villain-type character.

This comment was edited on Dec 6, 2009, 14:12.

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo