Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Left 4 Dead 2 Patched

A new update is now automatically available to update Left 4 Dead 2, Valve's zombie shooter. Steam News details what's new, which includes three bug fixes, updated Hungarian, Portuguese, Romanian, and Russian subtitles, and a fix for an exploit that allowed players on the Infected team to spawn directly next to the Survivors.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Patched Dec 6, 2009, 15:54 Kosumo

Thats cool Prez, I was just expressing my opinion as to why I thought he was calling you an asshole.

I'm not bother buy it and you have just as much right as anyone to post what you like, I just like how you said you can complain, then complained Us pimply 11-year-olds's find that shit so funny.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Patched Dec 6, 2009, 07:42 Prez

as much as you are being a whiny child i.e.

Because I gave my impression of the game? That's patently ridiculous, even for this site. Not to mention ironic - I have a vision of pimply 11-year-old's in my head when I read your post and Caveman's.

I don't give a shit how many other times something has been said; I'm not part of the "collective" - other people don't speak for me. For that matter, how many of those opinions were given before they even played the game? I bought the game (twice actually, so I could play with my friend, as L4D sucks with strangers), and my opinion was based on hours of playtesting. If I have an opinion, then I'm going to voice it, and I don't really care if it bothers a bunch of fanatical fanboys.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

13. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Patched Dec 6, 2009, 04:39 Kosumo

Prez, your not being* an 'asshole' because of your opinion, as much as you are being a whiny child i.e.
... the sequel DOES seem to be an improvement in just about every way over the original.

Then you complain then say
but seeing as how I got it for 30 bucks, and that is the usual price for most expansions nowadays anyway, I guess I can't complain.

I find that all very wtf

*your not an asshole, I think he's just saying someone always turns up to say the thing we have all (most here) heard many times and at the same time giving the product an ok rating, It comes over peaty, just like caveman bluntness You using stoneage weapons you know Lol_dies

Fucks me off when all people want to go on about is how much in monetriy terms thing are wrote to them, after all a dollar is worth differant amounts to everyone. i.e. "I'll buy that for a dollar"

12. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Patched Dec 5, 2009, 18:35 xXBatmanXx

I think the game is great....but I don't get the complaining about this or that should have been added on to the first one.

The 2 games are drastically different. Mechanics, look, "feel", play, level design, etc. I am glad they did a second game. Can't really complain about a 32.00 new game. 2-3 DLCs will cost you more than that.

I can see them adding more content to this one than the first one - and I welcome that. I think L4D was a way for them to test the market for their game....as the way it plays and is put together seems more like a project than a full fledged game. Issue with that? Nope - still got many many hours of playtime out of it.

I am happy with where they are on this. The second game is a lot more enjoyable with the new baddies, weapons, etc. Hind site is 20/20, but adding the current content into the first game wouldn't have done it justice.

It would be as though I said "I think all CoD games from this past one to the last 3 should have all been 1 game - they could have just added it all in". Now, I don't really care either way - but some how 8 million people think paying 60.00 for a new game is ok. So paying half that is....well....ridiculous to argue about.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

11. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Patched Dec 5, 2009, 17:32 Prez

So I'm an asshole for posting an opinion. Al-righty then.

There are some really classless morons on this site.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

10. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Patched Dec 5, 2009, 16:09 Silicon Avatar

The L4D2 whiners are almost as epic as the Fallout 3 whiners. Almost.  

9. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Patched Dec 5, 2009, 15:03 ForgedReality

Why anybody cares about L4D1 or L4D2, I'll never figure out.  

8. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Patched Dec 5, 2009, 14:08 Caveman

Why is it in every single L4D2 thread, some asshole has to come and post his 2 cent about why or why not he feels the game should've been an expansion or not, even a a thread about a patch.

Seriously, put that shit in your live journal blog or something. Nobody cares anymore.

7. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Patched Dec 5, 2009, 13:48 MuzixMon

I just bought the indie game Zombie Driver and I see what you mean about driving around running down zombies and how much fun it IS! Get the game for 10 bucks if that's what you are craving. I've enjoyed it much more than I did L4D that's for sure.  

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

6. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Patched Dec 5, 2009, 13:08 Joss

My Brother said if this game would allow drivable vehicles like GTA IV then this would be a show-stopper. Fun regardless, but I can only imagine a death race in an infected Liberty City.

Of course the Tank would flip your car!

5. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Patched Dec 5, 2009, 11:50 Prez

Other than the discouragingly unimproved matchmaking, the sequel DOES seem to be an improvement in just about every way over the original. I'm not convinced that the vast majority of these improvements couldn't have just been done as an expansion for the original rather than a full-priced sequel, but seeing as how I got it for 30 bucks, and that is the usual price for most expansions nowadays anyway, I guess I can't complain.

Except for the fact that the vast library of new campaigns for the original don't work with the sequel like they most likely would have if it were an expansion for the original, anyway...

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 2009, 11:51.

- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Patched Dec 5, 2009, 10:47 Dev

"Fixed crash on startup when using FAT32 file system"

LOL wtf? Why the heck would a game even care about that?

I didn't see any files larger than 4 gigs (which would have prevented installation onto a drive like that).

"Fixed bug where Survivor Bots would sometimes become unresponsive in Scavenge games"

LOL, so no more "afk bots" ?

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 2009, 10:47.

3. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Patched Dec 5, 2009, 08:58 DG

When can we vote out AFK lobby leaders?
And have an option for the lobby to join private servers i.e. specify a specific server which only requires one player to have the password, and then that server is effectively public for the remainder of that round.

2. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Patched Dec 5, 2009, 00:35 nachos

When can we vote out AFK lobby leaders?  

1. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Patched Dec 4, 2009, 22:53 Hoop

Reeee Looaaaadddinnngg!  

Um .. Behind you...

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo