Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Silent Hunter 5 Trailer and Subtitle

A new "3D engine demonstration" trailer from Silent Hunter 5 offers a look at the next installment in this World War II submarine combat series under development at Ubisoft Romania for release early next year. As the title suggests, this clip shows off the power of the game's graphics engine (as opposed to the engine of your submarine), and speaking of titles, the movie also reveals a subtitle for the game, as it begins with a logo for Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic. The trailer is posted on FileFront and WorthPlaying.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Trailer and Subtitle Dec 5, 2009, 01:07 KilrathiAce

sh3 was good too bad they never fixed host-client damage bug vs ai that affected clients. it was game breaking.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Trailer and Subtitle Dec 4, 2009, 17:36 MTechnik

My brother and I wrecked LOTS of fleets playing multiplayer SH3 scenarios. Great game.

Can't wait for the next.

4. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Trailer and Subtitle Dec 4, 2009, 17:01 DedEye

I still play both SH3 (Grey Wolves mod) and SH4 (Trigger Maru). Both awesome.

A few things I'm hoping to see fixed up: the fog, the sun shining through the sail on the view from the bridge, the "white edge" effect with AA, and the damage model.

Edit: checked out the details and indeed a lot of environmental and atmospheric improvments!

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 2009, 17:04.

3. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Trailer and Subtitle Dec 4, 2009, 16:39 Narf2029

Loved SH3 to death. Really captured the boredom of patrols, the excitement of the kill and the tension and fear of being depth charged by destroyers. It's like playing Das Boot.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

2. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Trailer and Subtitle Dec 4, 2009, 16:19 FLY

Awesome news. Loved SH3. SH4 is good too long as you have a decent PC. You can get both on Steam.
The Silent Hunter series takes gold in the submarine genre. Wish they would port SH3 and SH4 to the 360 and PS3. Could imagine what the PS3 engine could do with the physics; the mind boggles. Cannot wait! Hope there's destructable environments, better multiplayer and ability to pick up maidens and beer prior to setting off on career mode.

1. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Trailer and Subtitle Dec 4, 2009, 15:20 Techie714

Really looking forward to this, I must have clocked 100 + hours with all the great MODs in SH IV. One of the last really great "sim" games around!  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo