Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Trek Online Collector's Edition Details

Gamestop.com reveals a Star Trek Online Collector's Edition that includes a die-cast communicator badge and other bonuses for Cryptic's Trekkie MMORPG (thanks Big Download). GameStop is also offering a preorder bonus of an exclusive Starfleet Constitution Class Starship in addition to beta access. Full details on the CE follow the jump:

• Deluxe Packaging: Futuristic 3dX holography set in a high quality brushed aluminum finish. Heavy duty construction with magnetic closures and nested compartments for all components.
  • Deluxe Manual: High end, hardbound, art book, manual, and disc case in a single, elegant package. “HD Printing” on over 40 glossy pages of exclusive art from the Star Trek Online Universe.
  • Communicator Badge: High quality cast metal design based on the in-game badge model. Fully 3d Sculpted with recessed burst and curved contours.
  • Guest Passes: Credit card style buddy passes to invite three of your friends for a three day trial of Star Trek Online.
  • Red Matter Capacitor: A unique item that charges up and delivers extra energy to all of your ship’s equipment for a short time. A device that, when used, gives you a small bump in energy, has a long recharge.
  • Next Generation Uniform: Uniform Options from and the Next Generation. The timeless look worn by Picard, Data and Riker.
  • “Deep Space Nine” Uniform: Uniform Options from the “Deep Space Nine” Series. Grey shoulders, on a black uniform, just like Sisko, Worf and Dax.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Star Trek Online Collector's Edition Details Dec 4, 2009, 23:36 Cthulhu

Me: I've done far worse than ignore you, Cryptic. I've hurt you. And I wish to go on, hurting you. I shall leave you as you left me; without access to beta for all eternity in the center of a dead server... buried alive! Buried alive...!
Cryptic: CCCCOOOONNNN!
Now now... everything will be allright... no need to shout, your inside voice is loud enough for you to be heard....

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
- Cthulhu fhtagn: 47°9'S, 126°43'W Cthulhu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Star Trek Online Collector's Edition Details Dec 4, 2009, 20:29 Kxmode

Me: I've done far worse than ignore you, Cryptic. I've hurt you. And I wish to go on, hurting you. I shall leave you as you left me; without access to beta for all eternity in the center of a dead server... buried alive! Buried alive...!
Cryptic: CCCCOOOONNNN!

10. Re: Star Trek Online Collector's Edition Details Dec 4, 2009, 20:17 Narf2029

I'm not exceptionally worried. If people want to compare it to Champions I don't see that as a bad thing. Not a great thing either, but not bad. I've only done the free trials of Champions but they were well worth my time, and I've said before I'd probably buy the client if I found it for $20 or less. Since I'm not currently playing a Star Trek MMO, I'd also buy Star Trek Online for $20 even at launch day, either through a sale or gift cards or both. Don't feel the need for a free trial this time but I'll certainly take one.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

9. Re: Star Trek Online Collector's Edition Details Dec 4, 2009, 19:56 The Half Elf

If anything I'd say it's the 'WoW' type of Eve game, if that makes sense...  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

8. Re: Star Trek Online Collector's Edition Details Dec 4, 2009, 19:04 ibm

WoW in space is giving it far too much credit. Even if you think WoW is bad.  

7. Re: Star Trek Online Collector's Edition Details Dec 4, 2009, 19:03 The Half Elf

Champs Online was very solid when it launched (with exception of a major hole on the Canada mini-map, and the XP nerf on launch day), and with 3 days of testing (yesterday, tonight and tomorrow) Cryptic is AGAIN listening to players, and making changes based on feedback (good feedback) and are rapidly getting that into the beta.

And as a person who's been waiting for a Trek MMO for a long time the game is shaping up nicely, and more classic outfits and ships is fine by me!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6. Re: Star Trek Online Collector's Edition Details Dec 4, 2009, 18:11 Karnisov

sad that people will pay extra money for cosmetic stuff and special packaging. ok folks if you preorder and the game sux, no whining. there was plenty of prior warning. bridge as a pub indeed.  
"Think for yourself. Question authority."
-- Timothy Leary

5. Re: Star Trek Online Collector's Edition Details Dec 4, 2009, 14:23 Narf2029

I figure if someone gives me a Best Buy gift card this Christmas or some other scheme enables $30 off, I'll be unable to pass up trying this at launch day despite all wisdom and experience.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

4. Re: Star Trek Online Collector's Edition Details Dec 4, 2009, 13:44 Angry

Good luck, too bad you didnt try champions online first. It sucks, and so will this rushed to market MMO  

3. Re: Star Trek Online Collector's Edition Details Dec 4, 2009, 12:47 Scutty

I bought this a few days ago. I have high hopes for this game...I don't even care if it is WOW in space. The nerd in me could not pass this up.  

2. Re: Star Trek Online Collector's Edition Details Dec 4, 2009, 12:11 necrosis

Guest Passes: Credit card style buddy passes to invite three of your friends for a three day trial of Star Trek Online.
They should make people that use the Guest Pass (while its active) wear red shirts.

1. Re: Star Trek Online Collector's Edition Details Dec 4, 2009, 11:46 Umbragen

80 bucks for a badge and pretty box? Not a chance in hell. (And No, in-game items don't count for anything.)  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo