Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EA Wants #1 FPS Spot

Kotaku has some statements from EA chief John Riccitiello about EA's ambitions of regaining the top spot in the first-person shooter market they feel Activision currently enjoys with the Call of Duty series. "I'm not saying it's going to happen tomorrow, but in the way that Activision sort of alternates sequels of Modern Warfare and Call of Duty and owns the leadership position in FPS [first-person-shooter], between Medal of Honor and Battlefield, I want it back," Riccitiello told them. "And we're going to get there with innovation and quality." He explains why, in a comment that suggest he actually plays these games:

I think the Infinity Ward guys are great. It's not about them being bad for us having to be great too. I'm a fan of a lot of our competitors' products. But if you've played Modern Warfare, and you've played the first one and you've played the last Call of Duty it's sort of starting to feel like they're making the same game again. And I personally think being able to control your vehicle as opposed to being able to ride on one [is good]. And I think there's something a little bit cool about taking a building out and getting the six guys in it. Personally, I get sort of a silly amount of pleasure out of it.

View
70 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

10. Re: EA Wants #1 FPS Spot Dec 3, 2009, 10:47 Verno

Life would be pretty boring if everyone just said "oh whoops I respect your opinion bro". Some people's opinions are so factually incorrect that they need to be berated.

WTF Verno? So its retarded to compare quality in music with quality in video games?

What point? You didn't make one. You claimed to be making an allegory then used totally incorrect information to form a vague response about quality.

It's retarded to compare quality in an opinion setting because opinions are inherently subjective. It's not retarded to compare quality in a critical setting because the human race needs standards for measurement. That's a better point than whatever the hell you were trying to say.

This comment was edited on Dec 3, 2009, 10:51.

Playing: Everquest Next Alpha, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: Evidence, Longmire, Chained
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: EA Wants #1 FPS Spot Dec 3, 2009, 10:45 InBlack

WTF Verno? So its retarded to compare quality in music with quality in video games?

Because thats what Im talking about, Im not talking about liking something subjectivly. Its too obvious that people like that shovelware EA and Activision makes these days.

Why dont you presnt a counter-argument instead of basically calling me a retard.

I have a nifty blue line!

8. Re: EA Wants #1 FPS Spot Dec 3, 2009, 10:43 NKD

Think about it, or quit trolling please.

How about you think about it? That's the worst fucking argument I've seen in weeks. Neither is objectively better. People who like classical will prefer Beethoven. People who don't like classical will prefer other genres.

It's only elitism, nostalgia, and the viewing of history through rose-colored glasses that makes one "superior" to the other. Every generation cries and bitches about the preferences of the next generation, calling it "inferior." It's almost never true.

If a logical argument is trolling, then so be it, I'm a troll. That's the other thing about Blue's News. You disagree with anyone and you're a "troll."

How about some of you dumbshits stop just calling everyone a troll and try a logical counter-argument for once? I know it's hard, but give it a try.

This comment was edited on Dec 3, 2009, 10:44.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

7. Re: EA Wants #1 FPS Spot Dec 3, 2009, 10:39 Verno

Jesus that's the most retarded example I've ever seen on these forums. You not only thought that but then proceeded to type it out. I hope that was a troll because otherwise the human race is in trouble.

Never mind the fact that the example itself is incorrect (I sincerely doubt the black eyed peas have sold more music than Beethoven), your entire "allegory" is muddied by splitting itself between critical success and commercial success.

This comment was edited on Dec 3, 2009, 10:42.

Playing: Everquest Next Alpha, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: Evidence, Longmire, Chained

6. Re: EA Wants #1 FPS Spot Dec 3, 2009, 10:25 InBlack

What I find amusing is that everyone talks about how shitty everything EA makes is... yet they sell like crazy. Obviously somebody likes the games.

Oh wait, thats those dirty console gaming peasants who are all genetically inferior. All hail the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil! Platform purity!

NKD obviously you have no clue what we are talking about so let me try to explain it to you using a simple allegory.

For example lets take Beethoven's Fifth symphony and compare it to the latest album from Black Eyed Peas.

Now which of those sells better? The answer is obvious. Its also obvious that a lot more people like Black Eyed Peas.

Does that mean that Beethoven's music is shit? Are Black Eyed Peas the end-all be-all pinnacle of music quality?

Think about it, or quit trolling please.

5. Re: EA Wants #1 FPS Spot Dec 3, 2009, 10:14 NKD

What I find amusing is that everyone talks about how shitty everything EA makes is... yet they sell like crazy. Obviously somebody likes the games.

Oh wait, thats those dirty console gaming peasants who are all genetically inferior. All hail the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil! Platform purity!

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

4. Re: EA Wants #1 FPS Spot Dec 3, 2009, 10:11 necrosis

it's sort of starting to feel like they're making the same game again
The irony of... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

3. Re: EA Wants #1 FPS Spot Dec 3, 2009, 09:41 nin

it's sort of starting to feel like they're making the same game again.

The irony of this, coming from EA, is a riot...

edit: And Spin beats me to it...

This comment was edited on Dec 3, 2009, 09:42.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: EA Wants #1 FPS Spot Dec 3, 2009, 09:38 InBlack

The clash of the Titans, well I for one hope they both crash and burn.

Let them churn out crappy console FPS games till kingdom come, this will make it easier for indy developers to do something creative and actually sell it (on the PC of course)

1. Re: EA Wants #1 FPS Spot Dec 3, 2009, 09:37 spindoctor

it's sort of starting to feel like they're making the same game again

Coming from an EA executive, the irony of this statement is mindblowing.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

70 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo