Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Medal of Honor Announced

EA announces the promised revitalization of the Medal of Honor franchise, with the announcement of Medal of Honor, confirming rumors that the next installment in the military shooter series will be set in the modern day and revealing that DICE will be assisting with the game's multiplayer component. The Medal of Honor Website has been updated and carries a Fall 2010 release window for the game, and they promise more details on December 12 at Spike's VGAs, and there's a very brief Medal Of Honor Teaser on Game Trailers. Here's a bit from the announcement:

Guildford, UK – December 2, 2009 – Medal of Honor™ returns to the front lines, this time in today’s war. For the first time in the franchise’s 10-year history, Medal of Honor is leaving the WWII theatre and putting players in war-torn Afghanistan. Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today revealed that in 2010, Medal of Honor, an all-new first-person shooter game, will introduce the Tier 1 Operator: a relatively unknown entity directly under the National Command Authority who takes on missions no one else can handle. The development team has been working closely with Tier 1 Operators from the US Special Operations Community since the earliest stages of development to create the most authentic modern war experience. Inspired by real events, Medal of Honor reveals the mission of today’s most elite soldier – his will, his mindset and his uncompromising professionalism.

Medal of Honor is being built with a best-in-class single-player campaign. The Medal of Honor development team at EALA has been hand-selected by the studio leadership of General Manager Sean Decker, Executive Producer Greg Goodrich and Senior Creative Director Rich Farrelly. To compliment the single-player experience, EALA has enlisted the multiplayer expertise at EA DICE. This team will develop the multiplayer experience of Medal of Honor. These two studios are coming together to deliver a world-class Medal of Honor that is poised to re-set and re-boot the franchise for a new generation.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Medal of Honor Announced Dec 4, 2009, 23:04 Icewind

Nope. I don't care one whit about IW's money. The ball would be the opportunity to appeal to the PC gamer's screwed by Activision and IW.

^This

I can't stand people who think all that matters is money.

"Oh, Infinity Ward made billions, why you hating on them? Let's see you do better! You're just a jaded bitter nerd!"

They abandoned PC gamers, the very same group that put them where they are now. I'd love to see DICE create a true PC FPS experience. It seems like very few want to do it. They'd be filling a huge gap in the hobby right now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Medal of Honor Announced Dec 3, 2009, 04:34 Prez

you mean the ball that bounced and landed in an ocean of money? that ball?

Nope. I don't care one whit about IW's money. The ball would be the opportunity to appeal to the PC gamer's screwed by Activision and IW.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

18. Re: Medal of Honor Announced Dec 3, 2009, 04:33 StingingVelvet

I was a big fan of Allied Assault and Airborne. I never got into Pacific Assault.  

17. Re: Medal of Honor Announced Dec 2, 2009, 22:43 MuzixMon

I've always been a big fan of the MoH games and welcome this news. I just hope they show the love to us PC gamers out there!  

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

16. Re: Medal of Honor Announced Dec 2, 2009, 20:26 DangerDog

Picking up the ball dropped by Infinity Ward and Activision? Time will tell...

you mean the ball that bounced and landed in an ocean of money? that ball?

15. Re: Medal of Honor Announced Dec 2, 2009, 19:55 Prez

Picking up the ball dropped by Infinity Ward and Activision? Time will tell...  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

14. Re: Medal of Honor Announced Dec 2, 2009, 19:29 Hump

Lets hope they do the series justice after that fucking embarrassing pile of shit they put out last time. It had more in common with RtCW than being a tribute to the armed forces as it was originally.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

13. Re: Medal of Honor Announced Dec 2, 2009, 19:18 Rosco

I welcome this announcement. I liked the original PC MoH series, have them all. I liked CoD, CoD:UO and even CoD2 somewhat. But any release after that was lost one me, I just did not seem to enjoy the experience like many others have. I'll give this a shot, maybe it may be a better experience then the MW CoD series.

I really miss the sound of the canteen minor health pack from the original Medal of Honor when you picked one up. "clink" That was cool, regenerating health is dull.

Consoles are schwag.

12. Re: Medal of Honor Announced Dec 2, 2009, 18:50 Blackhawk

I missed the early MoH games. Maybe this one will be an open sandbox type battlefield type game. ?? Yes, there's definitely room for another entry here.

The MoH series have been exciting, fast paced, and insanely linear scripted action shooters designed to make you feel like you're in a war movie rather than in a war.

11. Re: Medal of Honor Announced Dec 2, 2009, 16:54 LittleMe

I missed the early MoH games. Maybe this one will be an open sandbox type battlefield type game. ?? Yes, there's definitely room for another entry here.  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

10. Re: Medal of Honor Announced Dec 2, 2009, 15:47 StingingVelvet

You do realize that most of the folks who worked at 2015 on MoH Allied Assault are the same people who ended up forming IW to make CoD right?

Yes. I fail to realize what that has to do at all with what I said though.

9. Re: Medal of Honor Announced Dec 2, 2009, 15:28 DangerDog

Maybe they can break out those super-fake "terrorist" underground bunker drawings that tricky Dick Cheney used to drum up support for bombing goat herders in Afghanistan.

looked like something right out of a GI Joe cartoon.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_V4w18ZWaPas/SomUqr5pZJI/AAAAAAAAE6s/YBxJGBnBL1c/s400/Drawing-of-Underground-Base.jpg

"And right here is where Cobra Commander er.. I mean Al Qaeda! keeps it's Snaaaaaake attack vehicles."

This comment was edited on Dec 2, 2009, 15:33.

8. Re: Medal of Honor Announced Dec 2, 2009, 15:28 Wolfen

Anyway, if this is a good shooter then of course I will bite, but WOW, talk about a rip-off of CoD. I would have rather seen Vietnam or something else unique, but I guess this will have to do.

You do realize that most of the folks who worked at 2015 on MoH Allied Assault are the same people who ended up forming IW to make CoD right?

7. Re: Medal of Honor Announced Dec 2, 2009, 15:16 Kxmode

Still chasing the latest fads, huh, EA? First playfish and now this...

Oh come on nin. You know you'll buy the new MOH.

6. Re: Medal of Honor Announced Dec 2, 2009, 15:14 XM-S

MoH was a really good series that even in some ways was superior to the original CoD. If they maintain that quality, this could be a good thing. There is plenty of room in the market for multiple players in the genre, if you ask me.

Side note, the music in MoH is the best I have ever heard in a video game. I would always pause on the main screen and listen for a minute before I would launch the game engine. I hope they keep that theme in some fashion.

5. Re: Medal of Honor Announced Dec 2, 2009, 14:57 EvilGrouse

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Dec 2, 2009, 15:00.

4. Re: Medal of Honor Announced Dec 2, 2009, 14:39 StingingVelvet

DICE is doing the multi? Man, how many projects can they do at once for cripes sake?

Anyway, if this is a good shooter then of course I will bite, but WOW, talk about a rip-off of CoD. I would have rather seen Vietnam or something else unique, but I guess this will have to do.

I thought Airborne was underrated singleplayer-wise and that was EALA, so I will give it a shot.

3. Re: Medal of Honor Announced Dec 2, 2009, 14:36 nin

Still chasing the latest fads, huh, EA? First playfish and now this...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: Medal of Honor Announced Dec 2, 2009, 14:30 Sleep

Yeah! FU IW!  

1. Re: Medal of Honor Announced Dec 2, 2009, 14:06 Techie714 ©

dejavu?  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/